[POLL] Will you be getting Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (or neither/both)?

Raven

71 members have voted

1. 1. OR / AS / both / neither?

• I'll be working with Team Aqua to stop Team Magma in Omega Ruby / obtain Groudon.
    • I'll be working with Team Magma to stop Team Aqua in Alpha Sapphire / obtain Kyogre.
    • Both because I'm not a filthy casual, or some other reason I may or may not post in the thread.
    • Neither because fuck you, or some other reason I may or may not post in the thread.

I played Sapphire when it was released.

But I also want to fight against the female Magma Grunts because they're pretty nice to look at. And it would be pretty cool to work with a bunch of pirates.

But then again, the Aqua Grunts seem genuinely pretty evil-looking as opposed to the generally pissed off Magma grunts. I wouldn't mind kicking them around a bit.

BUT the new Maxie seems like a true villain - the intelligent calculating type.

BUT then again Archie doesn't exactly look like your everyday hero-helper, either. And what the fuck is he even wearing? Pirates don't wear wet suits because they sail ships.

Plus Kyogre > Groudon.

My mind's made up. I'm getting Alpha Sapphire. It's where my Gen3 experience began, and it's where it will end.

I think I picked the wrong option there. WHOOPS MY BAD.

Going Omega Ruby because I don't know. I have Red Version, I guess.

Edited by Refa

Neither as of right now. But if I do change my mind, it'll be Alpha Sapphire. Not just for the color, but because Team Magma was one of the few things I found cool about gen 3, I don't wanna fight them. lol

I'd rather expand the land than the sea! No joke. The sea is lovely and swimming is fun and all, but I tend to prefer dry land. I'd be trading off the Kyogre for Groudon though. I always did prefer Groudon a bit more, but with a Fire type added on it when it goes Primal, it just makes me think it's even better.

Edited by Anacybele

Getting both, as I always do. Omega Ruby will be my main game of the two, however, because I want Groudon, and because Team Magma should be the more plot-central team of the two in that one. It may be the one where they're the bad guys, but more screentime is the important thing for me. XD and fighting them will be fun, as much as I love them. I look forward to playing Alpha Sapphire as well, though, since I'm pretty excited to see Team Aqua more too.

Had I kept playing after Gen II, I would have went with Sapphire from Gen III. Plus, as it stands, I have a Groudon from SoulSilver and no Kyogre, so Alpha Sapphire it is.

(And, I don't know if exclusives will really matter much - X/Y lets you frequently get both of things that were R/S exclusives, and even for the ones that are version exclusive like Electrike, there's always the GTS, trading with friends, and/or Wonder Trade. Only thing that might change it up a bit is stuff that would be newly added to OR/AS, like if they add stuff that wasn't available natively in Kalos or from the Friend Safari and was only available via transfer (like Frillish) and make them new exclusives.)

Both probably. I wasn't as interested in Pokemon X and ended up getting it pretty late, and only got Y due to the free game promotion, but for this one I think I could do with getting both for whatever reason. If I end up not having the money I guess I'd start with Ruby and get Sapphire later or something (even though I kinda prefer Kyogre's design lol).

OmegaRuby, since it's red and I played Ruby originally.

Also, I think people are underestimating Groudon. While Kyogre would still win in a straight up fight, I think Primal Groudon has a good shot at giving it a run for its money competitively.

Also, I think people are underestimating Groudon. While Kyogre would still win in a straight up fight, I think Primal Groudon has a good shot at giving it a run for its money competitively.

Yeah, I mean, Groudon could get a powerful Electric or Grass type move and be faster for all we know. We can't count it out just yet. :P

Yeah, I mean, Groudon could get a powerful Electric or Grass type move and be faster for all we know. We can't count it out just yet. :P

It's already got Solarbeam, but that's not good for it since it's physical based.

Thing is, it doesn't need to be able to beat Kyogre straight up to be considered a better Pokemon competitively. Kyogre would just be a counter to it.

Ah, I see. And yeah, you're absolutely right about Groudon not needing to beat Kyogre to be good competitively at all. It could still end up being able to take down some of those strong Mega Pokemon.

Omega Ruby, I like Groudon more, always had a liking for dinosaur-dragon things, especially ones that sweat magma and walk with tremors. I love the new designs for the new teams, although I'm obliged to side with pirates to take down the Magmas. Hopefully the exclusive content isn't too different, or at least I hope Ruby doesn't get the short end of the stick.