New Iwata asks: "You can marry any of your allies, and your My Unit characters too."

deuxhero

Everyone? So does that mean we will see same sex couples? Or will the Male MU be restricted to female, and the Female MU to males?

They don't say, which is why people are guessing.

I personally doubt it though. We've seen there's kids, so I don't think Nintendo would let you screw yourself over by picking a same sex partner and not getting kids (sorry, I didn't mean for this to sound discriminative).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last in the japanese version I recall that their paired ending ends with them having a kids, and as we know the stork doesn't bring kids. You know what does?

Fucking.

According to this site, that's not true.

"Eirika and Ephraim get married

Give me a break! Now, close sibling relationships are a fairly common theme in the Fire Emblem game. However if this were true, I shudder to think of the backlash that Nintendo would have received. The actual misconception states that, in the Japanese version, Eirika and Ephraim's paired ending indicate that they get married. However, in truth it doesn't and the ending is virtually identical to the English version."

Eirika's ultimate weapon is Sieglinde. Ephraim's is Siegmund. Both are named after a set of twins in the opera Die Walküre who fall in love.

Gareth and Gawain are brothers in the original Arthurian legend therefore Greil is a red dragon.

Edited by Anouleth

So that means roughly 12 characters per FE game, if we ignore 11 and 12 as unique games.

Contrary to what some people are thinking. I don't believe anyone can marry anyone, a la FE 10 support system. Let's pretend for a moment that there are 120 people who can marry anyone. (it's doubtful in my mind that DLC can marry, but assuming 'some can' plus the number of playable characters native to 13, it's conceivable it'd even out) 120 x 119 = 14,280 unique conversations. I'm betting it's pre arranged who you can marry.

Anyone can marry, but not everyone can marry anyone.

It would actually be 7140 seeing and x+y = y+x but yeah... still way too many. Even ignoring the DLC characters it would be 1770 assuming there were 60 normal ones which would be a lot of work to say the least.

Edited by Zamimari

So that means roughly 12 characters per FE game, if we ignore 11 and 12 as unique games.

Contrary to what some people are thinking. I don't believe anyone can marry anyone, a la FE 10 support system. Let's pretend for a moment that there are 120 people who can marry anyone. (it's doubtful in my mind that DLC can marry, but assuming 'some can' plus the number of playable characters native to 13, it's conceivable it'd even out) 120 x 119 = 14,280 unique conversations. I'm betting it's pre arranged who you can marry.

Anyone can marry, but not everyone can marry anyone.

I think it's safe to assume that characters from previous games have no connection to the story and no actual dialogue in story events, the reason is that the interview states that the idea for dlc and online stuff came near the end of development and very little was completed in time for wrapping it up and send it to get manufactured and shipped to retailers so we most likely will not see marriage for dlc characters or even supports (unless it's between them eg. seth x eirika) so if marriage is not exclusive to MU anyone can probably marry anyone (male x female of course cause you have to explain them kids somehow and i don't think there are adoption agencies in FE unless there are substitute characters to replace the kids for the unpaired or homosexually paired people)

Edited by Velth

If two characters show any sort of affection towards each other, no matter how platonic or insignificant that affection is, it means they obviously have unwholesome thoughts about each other.

So every time someone says "I love you", that automatically means "I want to have sex with you"?

Okay.

So every time someone says "I love you", that automatically means "I want to have sex with you"?

Okay.

From a biological standpoint, that actually makes perfect sense.

I will marry Serge and have a daughter named Sylvia and she will be a master Sniper who will solo maps.

I will set MU`s characteristics so that the appearance will work out perfectly.

Edited by Othin

Considering she doesn't have a mind of a child anymore...

She`s also at least two thousand years old. But hey, if you`re into that.

Is Libera actually a dude?...that voice was a females...I hope so...the implications of him and Viole getting together are awesome. Gay ax-wielding priest = win ( sorry if that was redundant ;) ). I plan on having Ronku support Sariya, and that's all I've confirmed for myself. I dunno if I'll have MU support any females... Oh, wait! I think I'll have Krom support Mariabel! Dont know why, but since they're both royalty, why not...well her or Sumia.

Edited by ISRMMBV

Libera is confirmed to be a man. Viole says "you're a beautiful woman" and Libera is like "uh I'm actually a man" so yeah

He's basically Lucius II

. Thanks Lumi! Also, it appears gay options are available. Iwata asks confirms that MU will be able to marry any playable character. Nothing about gender specifics there :D

. Thanks Lumi! Also, it appears gay options are available. Iwata asks confirms that MU will be able to marry any playable character. Nothing about gender specifics there :D

It's possible that they're taking opposite-sex couples as an assumption. Not an assumption I'd be happy about, but I wouldn't be surprised.

No lol there is no confirmation on gay marriage what the interview says is that everyone can be paired there is no clarification. Some like to think homosexual couples CAN happen and we won't know until the game is out or more about the system that is used for pairing is revealed