Elibean Nights

Arch

You're welcome.

My most major complaints with the balance are the infinite Swordreaver Berserkers in Lost Resolve (Eliwood's first chapter)

Since I'm implementing a hard mode, I'll shift those to be only in hard mode.

I'm also making ambush spawns hard mode only, so haters of those can rejoice as well.

Edited by Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm implementing a hard mode, I'll shift those to be only in hard mode.

I'm also making ambush spawns hard mode only, so haters of those can rejoice as well.

Cool! Thanks!

Legion will no longer work for the Bolm Mountain Bandits! (Or as I call them due to their lack of luck stats "Morph Mountain Bandits")

As always, you're welcome to point out balancing issues and I'll happily correct them. I don't play my own chapters as much as I should these days (I mean, I've been working on them for years - kinda burnt out on playing them at this point).I don't have a specific upload time hammered out, but I live in the pacific timezone and I'd probably guesstimate you'd see an upload sometime in the afternoon of the 25th.

In regards to balance, I felt that a few parts in Karel's tale were a tad bit on the easy side. Like when you first fight the cyclops, and when you fight the bandits outside of the village Noah lives in.

I took no damage from both.

I don't know if that's intentional but I never really felt that my skill as an FE player ever came into play during this tale in particular.

It just sort of seemed like his tale was a guranteed win from the start.

In regards to balance, I felt that a few parts in Karel's tale were a tad bit on the easy side. Like when you first fight the cyclops, and when you fight the bandits outside of the village Noah lives in.

I took no damage from both.

I don't know if that's intentional but I never really felt that my skill as an FE player ever came into play during this tale in particular.

It just sort of seemed like his tale was a guranteed win from the start.

When you only have 1 unit there's not that much strategy. There'd be slightly more if arch gave him a lanceaver, silver blade, and rune sword.

Basically if you roll Bane and the crit would kill, you get the fancy animation and the OHKO. If not, it reduces to 1HP. It's rolled after crit, but still before Lethality (yes, player units have both). Bane's activation is Skill/2 because I didn't want sins to be a poor man's variant of the Swordmaster.

But it's skill/2% whereas lethality is 50%?

Christmas is exciting again. Arch the internet is a non-denominational workspace, how dare you try to normalize your pagan holidays.

Edited by deranger

When you only have 1 unit there's not that much strategy. There'd be slightly more if arch gave him a lanceaver and a silver blade, and rune sword.

Very true, yeah there really aren't any ways to add tactics wothout more units and its a solo tale.

Maybe he could get a sword that summons phantoms after killing the summoner and you have to use them strategically for a certain map?

Thats the best I could think of.

Either way it's hands down my favorite tale and I love the boss bananza feel of it, but maybe a few of the enemies could use stat boosts so the fight feels a bit closer.

But it's skill/2% whereas lethality is 50%?

lethality is actually crit/2%

if you roll the crit in the first place (this has to happen before it even checks), it's then a 50-50 on rolling lethality

WRT balance i think hard mode needs to step up its game a little :arms:

Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably will give Karel more weapon and item choices (following Deranger's suggestions). I've taken away the Iron Rune from his starting inventory (it's now dropped by the first boss), hidden a Juna Fruit in the chapter to allow for more level ups (as well as the Devil Sword, which is already a hidden weapon), and a few various other drops from enemies. You'll have to consider which items to discard and which to keep, which at least adds an element of strategy to the inventory management.

The Summon Sword is a neat idea, and if I had more time to explore the possibility I'd consider it. Unfortunately this is supposed to be finished in three days :P:.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably will give Karel more weapon and item choices (following Deranger's suggestions). I've taken away the Iron Rune from his starting inventory (it's now dropped by the first boss), hidden a Juna Fruit in the chapter to allow for more level ups (as well as the Devil Sword, which is already a hidden weapon), and a few various other drops from enemies. You'll have to consider which items to discard and which to keep, which at least adds an element of strategy to the inventory management.

The Summon Sword is a neat idea, and if I had more time to explore the possibility I'd consider it. Unfortunately this is supposed to be finished in three days :P:.

Maybe how about there are some patches that add a little bit of new stuff during full release?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably will give Karel more weapon and item choices (following Deranger's suggestions). I've taken away the Iron Rune from his starting inventory (it's now dropped by the first boss), hidden a Juna Fruit in the chapter to allow for more level ups (as well as the Devil Sword, which is already a hidden weapon), and a few various other drops from enemies. You'll have to consider which items to discard and which to keep, which at least adds an element of strategy to the inventory management.The Summon Sword is a neat idea, and if I had more time to explore the possibility I'd consider it. Unfortunately this is supposed to be finished in three days :P:.

Ahhh it sounds perfect Arch, I love seeing all of these tales evolve into such awesome realities thanks to your work. I look forward to playing this more every time you comment on here.

I always thought an item that activated the summoner's phantom would be really cool and fun to play around with, especially a weapon of some sort. Glad to hear you at least enjoyed the idea.

@MasterGabe: I am pretty confident he already said something about releasing a couple more updates after the full release.

Edited by Lance-a-lot

I mean my preference would just be to release on the 25th and it's all complete, but it's looking more likely that it'll be more akin to something really close to a final draft, with tweaks and additions to be made as reactions (and bug reports) are shared with me.

Edited by Arch

I mean my preference would just be to release on the 25th and it's all complete, but it's looking more likely that it'll be more akin to something really close to a final draft, with tweaks and additions to be made as reactions (and bug reports) are shared with me.

If only Mother 4 was also coming out on Christmas

Sadly, it's being delayed till next year

lethality is actually crit/2%

if you roll the crit in the first place (this has to happen before it even checks), it's then a 50-50 on rolling lethality

WRT balance i think hard mode needs to step up its game a little :arms:

I know, but arch said there was a skill/2% of activating bane despite it being rolled for after a critical. OH IT'S ROLLED FOR WHETHER OR NOT A CRITICAL IS ROLLED. So if the roll for a critical is negative, bane will reduce the enemy to 1 hp unless a normal attack would kill them? Alternatively, someone just tell me its coded properly and to shut up.

Item management in tale 6 sounds cool. As does one of my ideas getting into EN.

it's coded properly

my understanding is - you have skill/2 chance to proc bane. if bane would prevent you from killing them, you instead kill them. bane only modifies damage after factoring in crits and lethality

Hey Arch I've noticed that alot of people playing this hack don't seem to know alot of the secrets hidden within.

Would you mind if I whipped up a guide topic on here containing (sorted by tale/chapter) all unlockable characters, easter eggs to fe6 and fe7, hidden secrets like weapons, and achievements, etc?

During my time playing I had a lot of difficulty with secrets, achievements, characters etc and there was no guide to be found to my knowledge.

I would keep it up to date with the next release after it is uploaded of course, I just enjoy writing guides and such and I would love to help you out as I noticed you said a while ago you wanted to create a guide but didn't have the time.

It could be my christmas gift to you if a guide doesn't already exist that i'm somehow missing.

It's not done yet, don't make any long term plans

Hopefully if Arch does add Juna Fruit, they have a different description (cause the current one isn't quite hack-friendly and kinda out of place)

Hey Arch I've noticed that alot of people playing this hack don't seem to know alot of the secrets hidden within.

Would you mind if I whipped up a guide topic on here containing (sorted by tale/chapter) all unlockable characters, easter eggs to fe6 and fe7, hidden secrets like weapons, and achievements, etc?

During my time playing I had a lot of difficulty with secrets, achievements, characters etc and there was no guide to be found to my knowledge.

I would keep it up to date with the next release after it is uploaded of course, I just enjoy writing guides and such and I would love to help you out as I noticed you said a while ago you wanted to create a guide but didn't have the time.

It could be my christmas gift to you if a guide doesn't already exist that i'm somehow missing.

If you write up a rough draft, I'll happily fill in anything that's been updated/added/missed.

The help is very much appreciated!

Edited by Arch

Hopefully if Arch does add Juna Fruit, they have a different description (cause the current one isn't quite hack-friendly and kinda out of place)

>implying the demo description is going to be used by anything unironically

May as well share this here --

Was fiddling around doing some recording earlier, and decided to do a non MIDI version of the Tale Select music/EN theme I wrote for Arch -

https://soundcloud.com/swordwraith/a-thousand-tales

Might need to play with the levels a bit, as I re-arranged it rather quickly.

May as well share this here --

Was fiddling around doing some recording earlier, and decided to do a non MIDI version of the Tale Select music/EN theme I wrote for Arch -

https://soundcloud.com/swordwraith/a-thousand-tales

Might need to play with the levels a bit, as I re-arranged it rather quickly.

convert it to wav format and insert it