Do you think Marth, Roy, and Ike will show up as DLC?

Alvis

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Marth, Roy, and Ike will be in FE13 as DLC?

• Yes, at least one of them will show up as DLC.
    • No, they will not use any of those characters as DLC.

Marth, Roy, and Ike are the most well known characters in the Fire Emblem (largely thanks to Smash Bros.). It has become a sort of running gag that every time a Fire Emblem game is release, newcomers to the series ask "Are Marth and Roy (and Ike)" in this game?". It would be amusing for a response to such a question for this game to be, "Yes, but they are DLC."

I understand that there is speculation that "Masked Marth" may actually be Marth himself.

It has been confirmed that characters from other Fire Emblem games will be appear as DLC. However, do you think these three lords will appear, or will they keep them out so as to avoid them stealing the spotlight from FE13's lords.

Edited by Alvis

I agree with the person above me. The lords are pretty much the central characters of FE, so if any previous characters will show up it will most likely be the lords.

I'd be more surprised if most lords weren't DLC.

I won't buy a FE6 pack ever though

I doubt most of the lords will be DLC. I think we are mostly going to see some of the more popular non-lord units (Oguma, Ayra, etc.) as DLC, and we will definitely see at least one of Marth, Roy, and Ike.

Also, I personally think a FE6 pack would be great.

I doubt most of the lords will be DLC. I think we are mostly going to see some of the more popular non-lord units (Oguma, Ayra, etc.) as DLC, and we will definitely see at least one of Marth, Roy, and Ike.

Also, I personally think a FE6 pack would be great.

IT would if FE6 didn't make me want to stab children

And if they did put Marth, Roy, and/or Ike in the DLC in FE13, then they might possibly put Roy back in the next sequel for Super Smash Bros. 4 and probably keep Ike in Super Smash Bros. 4 as well. (thats just a thought)

And I definitly want to see the FE6 pack as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

It would be a nice turn around to have the main lords as DLC.

I would like to see the main lords in this one, it would be a nice chance to present the past of Fire Emblem to new players to the series.

Personally, I expect to see them, then again there's some time for the game to be released.

I'll be severely disappointed if the dlc packs are one-chapter recreations of a chapter or battle from other games that we've already played before :(

Your loss. I personally think your opinion is wrong. :awesome:

Your loss. I personally think your opinion is wrong. :awesome:

And if they did put Marth, Roy, and/or Ike in the DLC in FE13, then they might possibly put Roy back in the next sequel for Super Smash Bros. 4 and probably keep Ike in Super Smash Bros. 4 as well. (thats just a thought)

And I definitly want to see the FE6 pack as well.

I think you are correct on what would happen with Smash Bros. if all three of those characters showed up as DLC in FE13. There is a lot of demand for Roy to return (especially in Japan) and no one wants to see Ike cut.

It's certainly not something to rule out, and it might be fun to see, but if BSFE and the FE12 downloadable episodes are anything to go by (given there's only seven of them all connected to the same game(s), they're probably not all that indicative of a trend), IntSys seems to like using bonus chapters in this vein to shine a light on the adventures of people who aren't the main characters. Given that, and again I think it may not be that strongly-founded a theory, I'm inclined to say no. I'm probably wrong, though, and I wouldn't mind it at all if I am.

I have a theory that the masked man is really Marth, and he got to this game's setting through some sort of portal. Said portal would also transport other characters from other games and other eras into the game, justifying them as DLC. It could also, once future Fire Emblem games are released, bring in characters from those titles, should Nintendo still want to support this game with DLC.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just hoping this isn't gonna be a big DLC-fest, having to buy more to get on with a story, or unlock more chapters.

What I'm saying is that I don't want them to take away from the actual game and make it DLC.

I'm just hoping this isn't gonna be a big DLC-fest, having to buy more to get on with a story, or unlock more chapters.

What I'm saying is that I don't want them to take away from the actual game and make it DLC.

Nintendo isn't EA.