Should I focus more on my Lilina or Lugh?

SJS

I'm playing through FE6 for the first time, and I'm up to Chapter 11. Given the stats below, and your opinion of who is better in general, who should I focus more on using? I'm planning on promoting Clarine, and don't know how many Guiding Rings I'll be able to use when it's promotion time, so I feel that I must "choose".

I'm tempted to go for Lilina because of her easy support with Roy, her seemingly good Mag growth (haven't checked but I am relatively sure that it's good), and her great EXP gains per battle. Lugh seems to be better for doubling enemies, though, and so far (up to chapter 11) he's been far more reliable for dealing with bosses.

Lilina unpromoted Lv. 10

Mag 14

Skill 6

Spd 8

Luck 8

Def 4

Res 10

Lugh unpromoted Lv. 13

Mag 11

Skill 10

Spd 12

Luck 10

Def 5

Res 9

While Lilina's Magic is great indeed, her Speed and Skill issues will only be fixed if you RNG abuse a lot or feed her stat boosters.

I used both when I played (because I like sages), but if you must choose... Lugh is the more reliable option.

You're clearly past the earlygame hump that Lilina suffers from, so you could probably continue to use her.

Lilina sucks, use Lugh. His stats will be worth it in the long run.

Lugh being better than Lilina has little to do with the long run. Lugh is pretty crappy in the long run, after all, his only saving grace is Aircalibur.

Plus, an extra 35%STR is better than an extra 15%SPD.

I'll go with everyone else here and tell you to go with Lugh, but only because yours has had a pretty good start. In Normal Mode, though, Lilina is quite usable and Anima magic has such high hit that you barely ever have to worry about her skill.

Both of them are pretty mag-blessed, so you could easily make the case for using both of them. There should be room both of them for a while. As for who to promote, at this stage I'd lean towards Lugh, because mag-blessing benefits him more than her, he's higher levelled, and unpromoted Lilina is more useful than unpromoted Lugh. But keep Lilina around Roy, because she hits very hard.

I'd say Lilina just because I hate Lugh's guts.

BLASPHEMY

Anyways, i went and compared their stats to their averages

Lilina unpromoted Lv. 10

Mag 14 (12)

Skill 6 (7)

Spd 8 (7)

Luck 8 (9)

Def 4 (3)

Res 10 (10)

Mag+2, Skl-1, Spd+1, Lck-1, Def+1

Lugh unpromoted Lv. 13

Mag 11 (9)

Skill 10 (11)

Spd 12 (12)

Luck 10 (9)

Def 5 (5)

Res 9 (9)

Mag+2, Skl-1, Lck+1

uhhh...I gotta go with Lugh here, since he's slightly mag blessed anyway while lilina may still get doubling issues. Or you can use both+Hugh and go sage spam. SAGE SPAM YES

Edited by ThreeofSpades

I would drop both of them and use a real unit.

Like Klein.

What are you talking about man Wolt's 20/20 stats are better than Klein's.

What are you talking about man Wolt's 20/20 stats are better than Klein's.

While my Wolt was RNG-blessed in my last playthrough, Klein is one of the better prepromotes. Plus, how the hell are you going to get someone to 20/20? Unless you arena abuse, that is highly unrealistic. I usually promote between levels 10 and 15, maybe 17 max. Trust me, it's unrealistic to expect to get a unit to 20/20.

By the way, growths aren't everything. Bases matter too.

As for Lugh/Lilina, I don't know. I used Lugh last time, and while he's quite balanced, his general damage output was kind of underwhelming. Plus, Lilina has the benefit of a fast and powerful support with Roy. Lugh's the safer bet, but if you can train Lilina, she'll be a bit more fun with that massive MAG stat.

I would drop both of them and use a real unit.

Like Klein.

What is this crazy gibberish? Have you suffered an impact to your head lately?

Klein is locked FOREVER to the FAILURE of 2-range.

Use Wendy instead! Just simply let her kill EVERY remaining enemy in 8, and ALL the enemies in 8x and 9. She will be PROMOTED by the time Klein even shows up. The BIG difference is that she can TANK hits AND fight at 1-range AND she got TRIANGLE ATTACK.

While my Wolt was RNG-blessed in my last playthrough, Klein is one of the better prepromotes. Plus, how the hell are you going to get someone to 20/20? Unless you arena abuse, that is highly unrealistic. I usually promote between levels 10 and 15, maybe 17 max. Trust me, it's unrealistic to expect to get a unit to 20/20.

I don't know about 20/20 but i always get my units to 20 before promotion, and i usually just stick pre promotes in the arena for extra cash . It really isn't that hard . I'm not saying its necessary or anything like that its just a pet peeve of mine. Most youtube letsplayers who play fire emblem games also seem to have the same habit. nick riddle is the worst I've seen ; Idon't think he has ever promoted a unit early.

I would stick with Lugh here. His stats are a bit better mostly because of his much higher speed and his higher level means he can promote earlier. You could use Lilina too, but you don't get a third guiding ring until chapter 18 and she would not be too great by then. Don't fret too much about the support with Roy. It's a nice bonus but not exactly a saving grace.