Best Units & Classes

HappyHawlucha

I'm just curious, which units are the best in terms of stat growths and which classes are optimal for them. I've heard that RInka is quite bad, and I'm wondering if Mozune is like Donny, gawdly mid game but he comes to a halt late game.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i've seen is:
Effie : creazy str growths
Oboro : fine lancer, in my opinion one of best tho
Sakura : (her balanced growths makes her fine in basically every class)
Mozume : She's fine with aptitude (meaning her growths, when you get her she's weakest member)
Lobster/Xander : both are sick when you are getting them in story, on the end they're still doing still great
dunno about rest, every character have thier good or bad sides tbh, for example Zero is one of fastest characters but he does have -2 str so he will almost always double with little less damage. etc, it's about prefference, every character at the end will be good. (except gunter, his growths are just PUNNY)

Edited by eriotto

Well, I was reading the Fire Emblem subbredit, and moderator Shephen and user Ownagepuffs (whom I believe both also have Serenes accounts) had posted their impressions of the characters either on their own or in the context of Lunatic walkthroughs.

They had some very good things to say about Hinoka.

EDIT: Links to the the subreddit threads in question in the spoiler tags. Caution. There are some spoilers in the links.

Edited by astrophys

Idk for sure what's the best unit. In my personal experience after like a million playthroughs kamui and Kanna along with the other royals are up there.

Excluding my own play I've heard opheillia is potentially the most broken unit in the game. Her unique ability gives her free crit, and she's the only non story important character that gets a pref weapon exclusive to her, and it's very good. Idk the exact setup but I do know you get her the awakening ability from the great lord class then have her as a sorc. I imagine from there you probably want the ogre strike ability for more crit probably followed by evasive abilities if you want to get knocked down to half so awakening procs then be unkillable, or something like Astra so you are basically guaranteed a kill if it procs since you are always sitting at at least a 50% crit rate.

Edited by Aquaze

Here is what I got from my runs.Excluding Kamui and the kids:

Ryouma: Great Prf weapon.H e will always double for the most part and will also dodge a lot.1~2 range is really useful and I found I never used any other weapon.

Takumi: Again great.While his bow does become a bit irrelevant later when there is terrain becomes flat and there are faster enemies, he is the best Zanshin user.

Hinoka: She can be great if you reclass her to Holy Lancer.

Sakura: In general, she can be a great Exorcist or War Priestess but it depends on the route.On Hoshiod, she is the best Exorcist IMO.

Mozume: She is much better then Donny, makes a great mom and once promoted is a god.Aptitude helps too.

Oboro: Is amazing.The best Lancer and user of the S naginata.She is also a great mom too.

Kagerou: While I used Suzukaze more, Kagerou is great and makes a great mage killer.

Nishiki: Just great in general.Really fast and super easy to use after he becomes available.

Marx: He is just great.He is probably the best Paladin/Great Knight you will get, the rest are all meh.Siegfried is not as good as Raijin Katana but still pretty good.

Leon: He is the second best mage in Nohr.His Prf tome is good but like Takumi's, it becomes less useful later.Extra points cause Foleo.

Camilla: Just great.Much better then Belka.While her tome usage has no point since she gets little Mag, she is still great, especially for a prepromte and how early she joins.

Elise: The best mage in Nohr.She is really frail but good she will kill once she goes Strategist.

Elfie: Already mentioned a ton but she makes Knights look really good and can kill so much.

Zero: Bias aside, he is the only real bow user in Nohr and because of this he has an advantage.It also helps he is your thief and capturer so you will be using him a lot, so you might as well train him, and he becomes really good with a Shining Bow.

Nyx: A glass canon yes, but a great early mage when you are still waiting fro Elise to promote and for Leon to join.

Charlotte: Much better then Harold.She joins late yes but unlike Benoit can be salvaged and is the best Serker in the game.

Flannel: Much the same reasons as Nishiki.

Flora: He personal skill is a better counter, she is mixed unlike Felicia and Joker and can be quite a great offensive while supportive unit.

An Finally the best units:

Gunter and Rinka!!!!!

Ha no.

To be fair Rinkah may suck(well it kindah does) in regular play, but can be useful in PVP, altough the only useful stat it has is a +1 SPD her personal skill is one of the best, giving her a +4 in damage, so in a sense when activated is like having +3 STR and +4 MGC and if i remember correctly with tones you can activate it easily, making her a great unit when capped especially for mixed sets.

Haven't played but from what I can tell, all the royals are good. Ryouma is a standout as is Marx, but Camilla's just as good and arguably better; she's like the lovechild between Sothe and Haar, especially in Nohr.

Kaze and Saizou look exceptional too, though Saizou might struggle a bit on the IK route. Kamui, Aqua, and Silas are obviously top tier.

Here is what I got from my runs.Excluding Kamui and the kids:

Ryouma: Great Prf weapon.H e will always double for the most part and will also dodge a lot.1~2 range is really useful and I found I never used any other weapon.

Takumi: Again great.While his bow does become a bit irrelevant later when there is terrain becomes flat and there are faster enemies, he is the best Zanshin user.

Hinoka: She can be great if you reclass her to Holy Lancer.

Sakura: In general, she can be a great Exorcist or War Priestess but it depends on the route.On Hoshiod, she is the best Exorcist IMO.

Mozume: She is much better then Donny, makes a great mom and once promoted is a god.Aptitude helps too.

Oboro: Is amazing.The best Lancer and user of the S naginata.She is also a great mom too.

Kagerou: While I used Suzukaze more, Kagerou is great and makes a great mage killer.

Nishiki: Just great in general.Really fast and super easy to use after he becomes available.

Marx: He is just great.He is probably the best Paladin/Great Knight you will get, the rest are all meh.Siegfried is not as good as Raijin Katana but still pretty good.

Leon: He is the second best mage in Nohr.His Prf tome is good but like Takumi's, it becomes less useful later.Extra points cause Foleo.

Camilla: Just great.Much better then Belka.While her tome usage has no point since she gets little Mag, she is still great, especially for a prepromte and how early she joins.

Elise: The best mage in Nohr.She is really frail but good she will kill once she goes Strategist.

Elfie: Already mentioned a ton but she makes Knights look really good and can kill so much.

Zero: Bias aside, he is the only real bow user in Nohr and because of this he has an advantage.It also helps he is your thief and capturer so you will be using him a lot, so you might as well train him, and he becomes really good with a Shining Bow.

Nyx: A glass canon yes, but a great early mage when you are still waiting fro Elise to promote and for Leon to join.

Charlotte: Much better then Harold.She joins late yes but unlike Benoit can be salvaged and is the best Serker in the game.

Flannel: Much the same reasons as Nishiki.

Flora: He personal skill is a better counter, she is mixed unlike Felicia and Joker and can be quite a great offensive while supportive unit.

An Finally the best units:

Gunter and Rinka!!!!!

Ha no.

I find out that if you'll promote Mozume early to dread fighter, she'll do the trick. You can grind her really easly in her paralogue and then let her kill everything. : P - by early i mean right away you get her.

I find out that if you'll promote Mozume early to dread fighter, she'll do the trick. You can grind her really easly in her paralogue and then let her kill everything. : P - by early i mean right away you get her.

Well, depending on which route you play, Mozume has some pros and cons. In the Nohr route, it's much harder to train her, but she's actually one of the best potential bow users in this game and is more useful in this route. In fact, it's often recommended that you use the Parallel Seal on Mozume to make her an Archer (not to mention, some of the earlier chapters, you'll face a shitton of flying units, making her even more useful). Not to mention, the Nohr route is infamous for not having a lot of bow users and you'll be facing a lot of flying units.

In the Hoshido route, she's not that useful due to the fact that you already have enough spear and bow users in this route. In fact, it's arguably that Takumi is better than Mozume due to his OP personal bow (although Mozume has skills from other classes that have better synergy to a Holy Bowman). That being said, she's still a good unit if you can make her an axe user or a Dread Fighter with emphasis on axes (since Hoshido doesn't have a lot of axe users in a similar vein how Nohr doesn't have a lot of bow users).

But yeah, character usefulness is depending on what route you play (particularly the characters that are available in both routes). For example, Kaze is more useful in the Nohr route since you don't have many characters that have access to Hidden Weapons and has very high speed growth (not many characters in the Nohr are speedy) while his daughter, Midoriko, is less useful in the Nohr route since not many characters have access to skills that is activated by Luck% (although you could make Midoriko useful in Nohr route by marrying Kaze to Felicia and have Felicia inherit the Stubborness skill to Midoriko and reclass her as a Maid, but it might not be the best optimization for Midoriko).

Well, depending on which route you play, Mozume has some pros and cons. In the Nohr route, it's much harder to train her, but she's actually one of the best potential bow users in this game and is more useful in this route. In fact, it's often recommended that you use the Parallel Seal on Mozume to make her an Archer (not to mention, some of the earlier chapters, you'll face a shitton of flying units, making her even more useful). Not to mention, the Nohr route is infamous for not having a lot of bow users and you'll be facing a lot of flying units.

In the Hoshido route, she's not that useful due to the fact that you already have enough spear and bow users in this route. In fact, it's arguably that Takumi is better than Mozume due to his OP personal bow (although Mozume has skills from other classes that have better synergy to a Holy Bowman). That being said, she's still a good unit if you can make her an axe user or a Dread Fighter with emphasis on axes (since Hoshido doesn't have a lot of axe users in a similar vein how Nohr doesn't have a lot of bow users).

But yeah, character usefulness is depending on what route you play (particularly the characters that are available in both routes). For example, Kaze is more useful in the Nohr route since you don't have many characters that have access to Hidden Weapons and has very high speed growth (not many characters in the Nohr are speedy) while his daughter, Midoriko, is less useful in the Nohr route since not many characters have access to skills that is activated by Luck% (although you could make Midoriko useful in Nohr route by marrying Kaze to Felicia and have Felicia inherit the Stubborness skill to Midoriko and reclass her as a Maid, but it might not be the best optimization for Midoriko).

It's about prefference, everything about prefference but i find Mozume really good dread fighter tbh. : P

I keep on hearing Midoriko is Jesus, and that Asama is strong and overlooked because he's a Berserker disguised as a Priest.

ALSO, I forgot, Garous are apparently very, very strong.

What about the cute foxes-sorry, Nine Tailed Foxes?

I keep on hearing Midoriko is Jesus, and that Asama is strong and overlooked because he's a Berserker disguised as a Priest.

ALSO, I forgot, Garous are apparently very, very strong.

Midoriko is Jesus depending on the mom.Midoriko can easily go from top tier to bottom tier thanks to Kaze fucking her up with his shitty -Str mod.

Asama is a Serker in disguise but you should see an Effie!Mitama.God she is brutal.All enemies die just looking at her merciless eyes.

Really any transforming class(Except dragonstone users) are good.Garous tend to be stronger while Fox Spirits double a lot more.

Edited by Azz

Midoriko is Jesus depending on the mom.Midoriko can easily go from top tier to bottom tier thanks to Kaze fucking her up with his shitty -Str mod.

Asama is a Serker in disguise but you should see an Effie!Mitama.God she is brutal.All enemies die just looking at her merciless eyes.

Really any transforming class(Except dragonstone users) are good.Garous tend to be stronger while Fox Spirits double a lot more.

Bold: Is it that they get auto-9'd? (If you don't get it, getting hit by a 9 from Mr. Game & Watch's side B in Smash Bros. is pretty much a death sentence)

Anyway, I ain't in any position to make a judgment - haven't played the game and all.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I heard garous are better due to their class skills or something, but I could be wrong.

Midoriko also gets fucked over by Kaze's -Luck modifier as well because her personal skill, Lucky Charm, scales with Luck. Apparently, this means that you're kind forced to marry Kaze with someone with high Luck AND Speed growth (Midoriko does get the speed modifier thingy) rates and +1 Luck modifier (or even better, marry Kaze to the Avatar with the Luck asset because the Avatar has a +4 Luck modifier that completely negates Kaze's -Luck modifier). Since her strength is going to be fucked over anyways, there is a good reason why many people either make her a magic damage dealing unit with high speed (since Kaze doesn't fuck up her strength) or make her more like a support unit with the Hoshido skill in the Hoshido path.

Basara and Falcon Warrior are the best classes if you are looking to maximizing Midoriko's speed and luck potential in the Hoshido route. Both have their own different advantages (Falcon Warrior if you want Midoriko more like a support unit in conjunction with the Hoshido and Draconic Sheild skill via Avatar marriage and marrying someone like, Basara if you want to grab the Flamboyant skill, which stacks with her Lucky Charm skill). Nohr is much harder, but I'd say she's pretty useful if you can secure the Stubborness skill via inheritance from FeliciaxKaze marriage and reclass her as a Maid.

For Nohr route:

Effie, Flannel, Xander: High STR + High DEF, useful all the time.

Benoit: highest DEF. Some enemies have the AI of "not to do anything when the damage will be 0", and Benoit can benefit from it a lot.

Zero: 9 movement + Pass, best motorcycle. Good user of Mighty Bow: when STR is halved he can use Shining Bow.

Mozume: the most powerful bomb. Line of Death + Extravagance + Prescient Victory + Bowfaire = 29 extra damage per hit.

Silas: best user of Brave Sword; better Brave Hero than Luna/Lazward.

Luna: best Kunaibreaker. She has high SPD and good DEF at the same time.

Berka: better Berserker than Charlotte in main game. Berserkers OHKO most enemies when critical, so SKL is more important.

Camilla: Good stats, good skills. She seems to be a 15/1 promoted unit, so she gains EXP faster.

Kaze: best anti-mage.

Velour: better than Flannel, especially when you give her a good mother.

Ophelia: best Sorcerer in Nohr.

Eponine: better stats than Zero. But if we get her late, she may not reach rank-A for Mighty Bow.

Midoriko: all I want is money and I don't care she is good for battle or not. Bowers are never bad, actually.

Feleo: another Leo or a much better Felicia, depending on his mother.

For Nohr route:

Effie, Flannel, Xander: High STR + High DEF, useful all the time.

Benoit: highest DEF. Some enemies have the AI of "not to do anything when the damage will be 0", and Benoit can benefit from it a lot.

Zero: 9 movement + Pass, best motorcycle. Good user of Mighty Bow: when STR is halved he can use Shining Bow.

Mozume: the most powerful bomb. Line of Death + Extravagance + Prescient Victory + Bowfaire = 29 extra damage per hit.

Silas: best user of Brave Sword; better Brave Hero than Luna/Lazward.

Luna: best Kunaibreaker. She has high SPD and good DEF at the same time.

Berka: better Berserker than Charlotte in main game. Berserkers OHKO most enemies when critical, so SKL is more important.

Camilla: Good stats, good skills. She seems to be a 15/1 promoted unit, so she gains EXP faster.

Kaze: best anti-mage.

Velour: better than Flannel, especially when you give her a good mother.

Ophelia: best Sorcerer in Nohr.

Eponine: better stats than Zero. But if we get her late, she may not reach rank-A for Mighty Bow.

Midoriko: all I want is money and I don't care she is good for battle or not. Bowers are never bad, actually.

Feleo: another Leo or a much better Felicia, depending on his mother.

The one thing I really feel the need to point out is that Line of Death is junk. Also, would it even be possible to get that skillset ingame...? I can't help but doubt it, given that 3 of the skills listed are level 15 skills....

The one thing I really feel the need to point out is that Line of Death is junk. Also, would it even be possible to get that skillset ingame...? I can't help but doubt it, given that 3 of the skills listed are level 15 skills....

Without the junk she can't kill the final boss in one battle.

It seems that you don't know that lv15 skills can be learnt in higher levels?

Without the junk she can't kill the final boss in one battle.

It seems that you don't know that lv15 skills can be learnt in higher levels?

It's not so much that as it is the fact that it'd most likely require frequent and/or precise sealing to get all of those without needing to shell out 12 grand for an Eternal Seal, given that lower level skills come before higher level ones. Also, the final boss is only one enemy - I'd be more worried about the fact that the enemy benefits MUCH more from Line of Death than the player.

It's not so much that as it is the fact that it'd most likely require frequent and/or precise sealing to get all of those without needing to shell out 12 grand for an Eternal Seal, given that lower level skills come before higher level ones. Also, the final boss is only one enemy - I'd be more worried about the fact that the enemy benefits MUCH more from Line of Death than the player.

I really don't know how it can be a "fact". Why must I use an Eternal Seal when I need to learn only 4~6 skills in 6 levels?

Also I really don't understand the other "fact". Why must I use a bower with Line of Death to tank?

The final boss is not a single enemy, he is the whole 2 chapters that have stopped many players.

Edited by Tooru

I really don't know how it can be a "fact". Why must I use an Eternal Seal when I need to learn only 4~6 skills in 6 levels?

Also I really don't understand the other "fact". Why must I use a bower with Line of Death to tank?

The final boss is not a single enemy, he is the whole 2 chapters that have stopped many players.

Maybe because there's little to no room for error. And I'd personally find it inconvenient to have to go quick-change artist just for the sake of not missing out on skills. As to Line of Death, it's more the inconvenience of knowing that enemy units that I could otherwise not gaf about suddenly become threatening thanks to it.