Best Classes for All Children

StarBit8

Can you guys tell me the best classes for all the children (including DLC Classes) in Fire Emblem Fates Revelation? If it helps, here are my pairings:

Male Avatar (Boon: Spd, Bane: Mag; Talent: Samurai)/Anna - Female Kanna

Arthur/Effie - Percy

Azama/Felicia - Mitama

Benny/Camilla - Ignatius

Hayato/Nyx - Rhajat

Hinata/Setsuna - Hisame

Jakob/Charlotte - Dwyer

Kaden/Rinkah - Selkie

Kaze/Beruka - Midori

Keaton/Hana - Velouria

Laslow/Peri - Soleil

Leo/Sakura - Forrest

Niles/Mozu - Nina

Odin/Elise - Ophelia

Ryoma/Kagero - Shiro

Saizo/Orochi - Asugi

Silas/Selena - Sophie

Subaki/Oboro - Caeldori

Takumi/Azura - Shigure and Kiragi

Xander/Hinoka - Siegbert

Going on their default classes entirely, regardless of parent, here's my picks:

Kana: Hoshido Noble, secondary class dependent on parents entirely

Shigure: Kinshi Knight

Midori: Merchant

Sophie: Paladin

Dwyer: Strategist

Shiro: Great Master

Kiragi: Sniper

Asugi: Master Ninja, Killing Edge equipped

Selkie: Nine-Tails

Hisame: Master of Arms

Mitama: any Apothecary class

Caeldori: Falcon Knight

Rhajat: Onmyoji

Seigbert: Great Knight until Luna, then Paladin

Forrest: Strategist

Ignatius: General

Velouria: Wolfssenger (however you spell it)

Percy: Wyvern Lord

Ophelia: Sorcerer

Soleil: Hero

Nina: Adventurer if you need a healer, otherwise Bow Knight

I ended up going with Scarlet!Kana during my Birthright run and turned her into a Malig Knight. Revelation, I plan on going with Soleil!Kana.

Edited by Based Goomy

Ho boy, here's a wall of text... (keep Friendship seals in mind, too; I'll be judging merely off of growth rates, and assume that you'll average expected levels)

Male Avatar (Boon: Spd, Bane: Mag; Talent: Samurai)/Anna - Female Kanna - Either way, Kana's going to be super speedy, so maybe have her become an apothecary to compensate for lacking defenses? Though after getting a decent amount of defense, she'll be good as any class.

Arthur/Effie - Percy - Well, he's definitely going to be boulder punching with Effie. He could become extremely good as either his base class or as an armor knight. Just keep him away from magic users.

Azama/Felicia - Mitama - Her strength stat will be stunted, so you might want to consider making her a strategist or maid using a flame shuriken/Felicia's Plate.

Benny/Camilla - Ignatius - Another tank. Again, he could be good as his base class or as a wyvern knight. Though he'll probably be more magic resistant than your average armor knight.

Hayato/Nyx - Rhajat - Almost the spitting image of her mother, so whatever class is good for Nyx, it should go well for her. Keep in mind that her defense will totally bomb unless you make her a Dark Knight. That being said, Nosferatu can be your friend.

Hinata/Setsuna - Hisame - Did Sonic the Hedgehog pick up a pickle obsession? Most everything else on him will be stunted, so maybe pick Sniper or Swordmaster to help even out those rough edges. Traditionally, though, Hisame works best as a Master of Arms (and he gets a unique outfit for the class, so it almost feels like a disservice to not have him be one).

Jakob/Charlotte - Dwyer - Well, Dwyer will probably get berserker levels of HP and strength, especially if you hand him that class (which you could). You might as well gear him towards being a frontline fighter anyway, because his magic will be stunted hardcore.

Kaden/Rinkah - Selkie - It always feels like a disservice to not utilize the unique beast classes, so my Kitsune always end as a Nine-Tales. That being said, you may want to have her be a Oni Savage/Chieftan for a little while to help work-out her lacking defense as a Kitsune.

Kaze/Beruka - Midori - She's the spitting image of her mother. Keep her going as an apothecary, she might not even need any speed, since her intense skill growth will ensure that she'll mostly hit her marks. You've created another mindless killing machine, in other words. In the end, I'm sure lethality will still prove especially effective with Midori, so venturing into the Master Ninja territory might not be a bad idea.

Keaton/Hana - Velouria - Velouria's generally a well-balanced unit, but keep in mind Hana will stunt some of her stats. No real way to compensate for her stunted defense growth, so focus on her speed. Though don't totally sacrifice defense for speed, 'cuz she'll still need it. Again, my beasts always end as beasts, so my Wolfskin always end as Wolfssegner.

Laslow/Peri - Soleil - Her physical stats are slightly stunted, but aside from that, she's not too changed. You already get so many cavaliers and mercs, so it's tough to say what she should be. The hero class is always a good idea.

Leo/Sakura - Forrest - Oh boy, Forrest gets to reap some of the benefits of man-girl's strength/defense growths. He might be a good replacement for Mitama as a Priestess if that was an option for him. Though as a Great Master, he'd be of even match to Sakura as a Priestess.

Niles/Mozu - Nina - Any child of Mozu's is destined to become great thanks to the Aptitude skill. That being said, Nina's magic growth is severely stunted, but that just means she wouldn't be as good of a Falcon Knight/Adventurer as she could be (though I think stat-changing staves/rods are still just as effective). I'm always partial to more Kinshi Knights, so that's my recommendation (though not for growing her).

Odin/Elise - Ophelia - Elise stunts Ophelia's strength, skill, and defense a bit, but she makes everything else a bit better. I'd still recommend keeping her as a Sorcerer/Dark Knight, especially given her lack of strength here. Maybe if you can, make her a witch after a while to get the shadowgift skill and change her to Strategist if you don't have enough healers.

Ryoma/Kagero - Shiro - This is the first Shiro I had. She'll stunt some of Shiro's stats, but overall, he's still a good spear-fighter. You have the unique potential of giving him lethality, too, though he won't be as good with it as Midori. Seriously, what have you done?

Saizo/Orochi - Asugi - Gaius Asugi, the first diviner with lethality ever. Asugi already has a ridiculously good magic growth, so Orochi only makes that better. She doesn't really hinder his skill, either, so that's good for his lethality.

Silas/Selena - Sophie - Selena Gomez gives Sophie a better defense growth, but aside from that, it's the same predicament as Soliel. Except Sophie will now gain the unique ability to become a Sky Knight, so she can become a Kinshi Knight.

Subaki/Oboro - Caeldori - Cordelia with blue hair? The stat growths between Oboro and Caeldori are very similar, so not much to comment on that front. Caeldori can become a Spear Master for debuff purposes, then a Basara for Rend Heaven, and then a Kinshi Knight for all the other good skills.

Takumi/Azura - Shigure - Shigure can already become a Kinshi, so the only class Takumi adds is Sniper. Maybe have Shigure get the skills and balanced growths of a Sniper, then switch to Kinshi or Falcon Knight (though staves will be horrible for Shigure, so only do this for skills) | and Kiragi - Same boat as Shigure, except he can also become a spear fighter, which is particularly useful for archers, who can't fight back against an enemy with a range of 1, so adding debuffs while they're whacking at you is a bonus. Have Kiragi get the debuff skills then switch to Sniper or Kinshi.

Xander/Hinoka - Siegbert - This was also my first Siegbert, which is ridiculous when you think about it. Hinoka helps Siegbert some, especially with resistance. Again, Siegbert gets access to Kinshi, so have him get the skills of that class and either have him be a Paladin or keep him as a Kn

If you want to know why I have an obsession with Kinshi Knights, it's because they have a huge one-up on all other fliers. Regardless of whether or not you keep some of your units as Kinshi, you'll still get Air Superiority, which is useful against air ambushes, which often happen unexpectedly. But they get to use bows, so they're the most effective units for taking down other fliers.

Edited by Ertrick36

I'd say to mostly stick with their base classes at first and then if you want to get a better variety later move out more.

As for classes (excluding parents) I'd say

Kana: Nohr noble for offense or Hoshido noble for support. It's mostly up to you.

Shigure: Falcon knight

Midori: Merchant

Sophie: Paladin

Dwyer: Strategist

Shiro: Spear master (he's really good for this class offensively)

Kiragi: Sniper

Hisame: Swordmaster

Asugi: Master ninja

Mitama: Priestess

Caeldori: Falcon knight

Rhajat: Onmyoji. I'd say she isn't worth using all to much but she's a little better here.

Selkie: Nine-tails

Siegbert: Paladin

Nina: Bow knight

Ignatius: I haven't used him yet but I'd probably go with general.

Forrest: Strategist

Ophelia: If you have the witches mark use that on her but if you don't just turn her into a sorcerer.

Soleil: Master ninja

Percy: Same case as Ignatius but go with wyvern lord.

Velouria: Wolfssenger