Birthright Ch. 16... [Spoilers!]

SaMaster14

I'm sure many of you here knew... but I can't be the only one who didn't see

Kaze's death coming. I had definitely trained him hard and used a master seal on him. Had him S ranked with Felicia and almost A+ ranked with Saizo right before I reached the chapter.

A couple of questions:

1.) should I be avoiding other units who will share a similar fate by way of the story (also, who does this happen to in conquest and revelation so I know who not to train when I play those...)

2.) do you ever get to see them/use them again in the post game? Or is it similar to Awakening, where, if I'm correct, when you beat the game, you simply return to the save point right before the final boss.

Edited by SaMaster14

Don't worry,

Kaze's death in Birthright is the only instance of this, and you can avoid his death by having a A-support with him.

Ahh, thank you. I was so close to meeting that criteria too.... Can't go back now, I saved after :/

EDIT: Wait...

I'm almost positive kaze and saizo had A-support since I was working them towards A+... Would I have needed to have maxed the support in that case? My kaze also had S-support with Felicia...

Edited by SaMaster14

As for your second question, there are no other characters that have deaths that you can prevent. As for playable characters that die that you can't prevent, the only other ones are Gunter (which I'm sure you must know about by now), and Scarlet in Revelations. Also Gunter survives and returns in Revelations.