Has there been word of more ways to get all three versions on one Game Card?

DefyingFates

As you may be aware, the price of the Limited Edition we have currently is super inflated and I was hoping that the powers that be had either A: announced a second wave of them or B: announced a version of the game that just had the three stories on one card. I have two 3DSes, so as much as I'd like to take the Nintendo Store's "1 card + 2 DLCs" offer I can't.

Also, I don't mind not having the artbook or poster, just the game is enough. I mean, I've already missed all the fun you guys have had with Rena and Marcella!

Thank you in advance everyone.

P.S. Are there any places that *are* selling the Limited Edition for reasonable prices for UK residents? I've been looking since the game launched and I've had no luck whatsoever. Thanks again!

Technically the only other way at the moment is buy either Conquest or Birthright and download the other path(along with Revelation).

It's close enough.

I suppose you could buy them all digitally on one SD card and switch out SD cards when you want to play on a different 3DS, but changing SD cards on a new 3DS is a real pain.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I suppose you could buy them all digitally on one SD card and switch out SD cards when you want to play on a different 3DS, but changing SD cards on a new 3DS is a real pain.

Wait, you can do that? I thought downloads were locked to your account; thanks for the Revelation!

P.S. Sacred Stones was my first game and Eirika was always a nice character, so thanks again :)

Edited by DefyingFates

Nah, you're right. DLC--and that includes the 3 story paths--is tied to the 3DS where it was purchased. The only way to transfer DLC to another 3DS is to do a system transfer, but that deletes everything on the original 3DS.

Sadly, I don't think there's going to be a definitive edition released any time soon, at least for the 3DS. Maybe an enhanced port for the Nintendo Switch, but I don't think it's likely. A re-release of the limited edition won't be happening since it's meant to be limited.

You'd have to do a system transfer to do anything of the sort. Which involves wiping one of the 3ds's.

The other solutions are:

Buy the DLC/Paths twice. (I had to do this for Awakening way back when)

Hack your 3ds.

It's worth noting that save files 6-9 are saved in the 3ds, and not the cart. Even if you are playing the special eddition.

If you want to get technical all 3 routes ARE already in the game card. The downloads for other routes are just 17MB of files to tell the game to allow you to access them.

Not even the Japanese got a Special Edition that can access all 3 routes without wi-fi, though, their special edition included a download code for revelations which also took a month to arrive. Saddly for them, pirates could get Revelations from day 1.

If you want to get technical all 3 routes ARE already in the game card. The downloads for other routes are just 17MB of files to tell the game to allow you to access them.

This sounds like speculation.

Do you have screenshots of the dump or the CIA?

I thought those 17 MB of files are the actual event files that are VERY small.

Does anyone have a cart dump of the files on the other two carts? Because I only have the special edition.

On my Special Edition dump... all the text and events for ALL routes add up to a measly 2 MB.

If the models and resources are already on cart to build said maps (such as, you know... portraits, voices, and such) then the biggest thing that would have to be downloaded would be movie files.

Which are VERY feasible to take up that room.

Edited by shadowofchaos

This sounds like speculation.

Do you have screenshots of the dump or the CIA?

I thought those 17 MB of files are the actual event files that are VERY small.

Does anyone have a cart dump of the files on the other two carts? Because I only have the special edition.

On my Special Edition dump... all the text and events for ALL routes add up to a measly 2 MB.

If the models and resources are already on cart to build said maps (such as, you know... portraits, voices, and such) then the biggest thing that would have to be downloaded would be movie files.

Which are VERY feasible to take up that room.

No, sadly, I do not have any pictures. I do recall during the times of the torrential downpour thingy that people datamined the game a lot and that was one of the things they used. Each game cartridge has pretty much the same contents and routes as DLC is just pointers and flags or something. Another thing picked up is that, despite the American version having a larger file size it has 1800 less audio files than the Japanese version.

What I do know for certain is that back then when the game broke japanese release day in 2015 (thanks china) the rom of the special edition was dumped and it contained everything about the Invisible Kingdom/Revelations path. Portraits, text, sprites, everything.

What I do know for certain is that back then when the game broke japanese release day in 2015 (thanks china) the rom of the special edition was dumped and it contained everything about the Invisible Kingdom/Revelations path. Portraits, text, sprites, everything.

Yeah... no. That's BS.

I dumped my cart for the JP special edition. There is no third path content with the exception of the text files for the path split.

That text file is for "Sinking Inbetween" for Chapter 6.

BYWfJLq.png

That's the ONLY 3rd path content in the JP special edition cart.

Please don't spread misinformation.

I'm decrypting the CIA's for Conquest and Birthright path DLC (not full games).

I'm betting your statement of on-cart DLC is going to be debunked.

Seriously, don't do this unless you've seen the files for yourself. Hearsay is a very bad thing when it comes to criticizing a game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Not even the Japanese got a Special Edition that can access all 3 routes without wi-fi, though, their special edition included a download code for revelations which also took a month to arrive. Saddly for them, pirates could get Revelations from day 1.

I can say with 100% certainty that all of these statements are false.

Point 1: "All 3 routes ARE on the game card . The downloads for other routes are just 17 MB of files to tell the game to allow you to access them."

hkQlQyD.png

Not only is Conquest 107 MB and Birthright 97.3 MB for the route only download...

there is no CIA or download content that just "points" to on cart DLC for Fire Emblem.

I can even name all the files at this point after decrypting everything.

Point 2: "Saddly for them, pirates could get Revelations from day 1."

They could access the files.

They could not play them as the route showed errors when accessing the content when they didn't have the key.

Such as how "unknown DLC" displays when you install CIAs for certain DLC appear.

It really does annoy me when people use hearsay from "hackers".

Point 2: "Saddly for them, pirates could get Revelations from day 1."They could access the files.They could not play them as the route showed errors when accessing the content when they didn't have the key.Such as how "unknown DLC" displays when you install CIAs for certain DLC appear.It really does annoy me when people use hearsay from "hackers".

No, I mean we could access the files before the street release of Fates, but Revelations was available on Nintendo's severs since the launch of the game. On day 1 when the game actually went live pirates could download not only Revelations but also a good chunk of the DLC and the Cipher units. I know THIS for a fact, I was there after all.

Thing is that back then apparently the eShop used the same key for all DLC, so they used the downloadable version which gives you one free route as DLC and they worked from there.

I was there too. I was one of the people who tested out the CIAs.

Until you got a video with a timestamp of back then (JULY 2015) running the game, there is no reason to believe you.

Pirate hackers can't resist showing off playable DLC via a video.

The image CGs and such were able to be ripped. But Revelations wasn't playable without the right key even with the content downloaded.

Your credibility is kind of crap right now since you just pretty much said unfounded "facts" about the game's inner workings regarding that random "17 MB that points the game to on-cart route files".

Regardless of your intentions this has ceased to be of relevant information to the OP since I debunked your unfounded criticism of the game regarding the routes.

Edited by shadowofchaos