Catalena [Part 4, Chapter 1]

Valtome [Part 4, Chapter 2]

Numida [Part 4, Chapter 3]

Izuka [Part 4, Chapter 5]

Hetzel [Endgame]

Lekain [Endgame]

Levail [Endgame]

Zelgius [Endgame]

Those are the ones that you can choose from. The reason The Black Knight isn't there, is because you DO use him in the story, but you can't technically recruit him. Dheginsea, Sephiran, and Ashera are not listed, because they are too over powered, and wouldn't be much of a challenge. The idea is to be able to recruit bosses, while still having some challenge. Zelgius is added, because he's never legitimately used. You recruit the bosses in the chapter you get them, and Zelgius is available at the base of Endgame. All bosses will have a second, and third tier for those who don't have it normally. However, aside from Izuka, Hetzel, Lekain, Levail, and Zelgius, each boss will be given the choice to have their mastery skill. The reason it's a choice, is because some people could think of much better skills for that unit, rather than using their mastery skill. Regardless of how many bosses you recruit, each one is given an "Occult" scroll at base. [in other words, say you recruited Jarod, on Micaiah's team. On Part 3, Chapter 6 [The chapter you use the Dawn Brigade again, when you fight Lethe & Mordecai] Jarod will be in the base, and in his inventory, will be an Occult Scroll. Feel free to explain why you choose which boss you recruit, if you feel like it. Each boss you recruited will still be on the "choosing" screen after Part 3-Endgame, so you don't have to worry about them getting removed. For units like Mages, or Knights, feel free to CHOOSE what weapon they get upon promotion -- for example, if you recruit Veyona, you can choose to give him Fire, Thunder, and Wind [since all 3 are together when picking them] on promotion. Units that are on horseback, have any choice of the 4 main weapons -- Swords, Axes, Bows, and Lances.

As for me, I would recruit Sergei, Catalena, and Jarod. The reason being, I don't like killing Jarod, and think he should've been recruited. [Jarod vs Numida, all the way.] He just seems to be a badass character, that has the potential to be a Male Nephenee, in my opinion. Sergei's character looks fantastic, and I kind of like knights. On promotion, I would give him axes. Finally, Catalena is just...awesome. She's beautiful, she has a much better looking battle animation than the other Pegasus Knights / Falcon/Seraph Knights, and her conversations with our heroes is quite funny. How about the rest of you?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veyona of course for druid class.

Catalena just cause she is cool.

And Levail cause I've always found him awesome.

Edit: Holy butt I never realized there were so many typos in this post. Fix'd,I hope.

Edited by StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

Just to clarify, you don't HAVE to choose 3. You can choose as much as you want. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Personally I would have liked to recruit Jarod, though his character arc was pretty badly done. I like how he acts in the last few chapters but in his first few appearances his actions are laughably Saturday morning cartoon evil. If recruiting him = more character development and atonement, I think it would have helped us empathize with him. Hetzel would be my other pick. Saints are not a great class but I would have at least wanted Hetzel to live, since he's the only one of the senators who regrets what he's done. There is some unused data for Hetzel to live but yeah... poor Hetzel.

Selena from Sacred Stones, she was torn between her country and what was right and she paid the ultimate price, I'd have liked to see her join and support with good ol Duracell

Lessee. . .

Lekain and Levail for story reasons; having them both fighting for Begnion until the very end didn't really make sense in my mind, IMO. Story-wise, it would've been hilarious as all hell if Alder/Jarod had a falling out, and one was recruitable.

Zelgius and Hetzel because I feel bad for them. And Zelgius is baws.

Also Ludveck would've been cool if he joined alongside the CRKs in C 3-10. I mean if he redeemed his character it'd be pretty cool.

Also Septimus because his character was funny

Dheginsea, Sephiran, and Ashera are not listed, because they are too over powered, and wouldn't be much of a challenge.

Except, that you can recruit Sephiran anyway for the final chapter, as long as you've fulfilled certain conditions (2nd playthrough+, deploy BK in 1-E, Have Ike and BK fight in 3-7)...

Anyway, I'd pick Levail as he comes across as a nice person.

Levail is one of my favorite characters~ I would've loved for him to be recruitable and get more screentime :D

He just seems like such a great fellow, and though I do know I'm biased I think it'd be interesting.

Story-wise, it would've been hilarious as all hell if Alder/Jarod had a falling out, and one was recruitable.

I never thought about it before, but you're right. That would've been grand. xD

Its only now that I notice this thread is for Radiant Dawn only stupid me :facepalm:

Well I'll go with the same and say Levail

Edited by Jedi

Veyona - It seems like that there's much more to his character than we see. Could've been interesting.

Levail - He wasn't really bad at all. And he's not the typical ugly that bosses tend to be.

Catalena - moar pegs

Jarod - They could've made it so that whoever finished him off didn't really kill him, and then he joins the mercs or something.

Ludveck - He didn't really seem like a shitty person, just a well intentioned extremist.

Wystan: Just outright, I don't really care much for him as a character. He speaks like twice and really offers no use other than to introduce the enemy forces. But with that being said, a fire using mage that joined the DB would be extremely useful throughout P3 and beyond. I don't even care if he had 20s for growths, just the ability to hit with an elfire or above against the laguz (and likely bringing down their HP to like 5-10) would be enough to make him a worth while addition. Giving him anything other than the normal mage -> sage-> archsage promotions would be silly though.

Ludveck: I feel like he could have easily be integrated back into the plot after P2 in order to give it a better semblance of continuity. If the story had played out that the Begnion forces chose to invade HIS town and he choose to fight with the Queen, whom he had begun to respect, because he would rather see an inferior ruler on the throne than for it to be taken over by the senators things could have really been interesting. Plus even half way through P3, his bases would still be high enough to give him a good chance of being used and his promotion to Marshall would work out just fine.

Veyona: Like what everyone else said, he seemed like a pretty cool character who was loyal to his commander, which was pretty nice. As a druid he would have made the inclusion of dark magic seem a lot more reasonable. Admittedly his bases (especially luck) are pretty bad, but that's the price that you have to pay sometimes. Baring that, it seems like he could work out as a pretty good member of the P3 band. His promotion should probably mirror that of Pelleas so he can just join the "archmage" class with access to dark magic.

Levail: Having him join up right at endgame would have worked quiet well. Having it where when Ike's group arrives at the tower that they see him, injured, coming down to warn them about how Ashera has gone mad and has summoned all the dragons to her cause would really have made it fit. He might be loyal to the ideals of Bengion, but the reality of seeing every mortal turned to stone was just too much for him to bear. All in all it would have made a very likeable and sympathetic character another useful filler unit akin to that of Renning (who in my opinion really should have joined in the laguz rush chapter instead of here).

Levail, Jarod and Hetzel, the only three bosses in the game that has any character development at all and would make a bit of sense if defected. Then again it's unrealistic these three would ever defect since they're all extremely loyal to their bosses. Levail was actually going to be recruitable during game development but was cancelled in the final version of the game.

I found it weird that Catalena is the only female boss in the entire game. Radiant Dawn is too masculine perhaps? Pretty much all enemy units are male too, except a few pegasus riders.

Though the only boss I feel sorry for is Levail, good thing killing him is optional, but I really want that Wishblade.

Oh and that nerdy looking wind mage boss with the duh! eyes in the cave level with Lucia would be a fun guy to recruit, simply because he has funny lines and the funniest portrait.

Edited by Airen

Veyona it seems like he was meant to recruitable at one point development in my opinion (I don't anything in the game data suggests this, but just based on how he hated the senators and he didn't seem like that bad of a guy, Ike could have easily talked to him and he would be willing to join)