How bad were you when you just started fire emblem?

momogeek2141

191 members have voted

1. 1. How good were you?

• As good as I am now.
    • Very good.
    • Eh.
    • Pretty bad
    • Imagine the worst you possibly could. Then make it fifty times worse.
  2. 2. How many characters did you lose on your first run through? (approximate)

I know some people were pretty good, and others were bad. Part of it is the game you first played. I first played FE7, and I was awful. My entire strategy relied on Marcus :MarcusYoung: destroying half the map, then everyone else picking off the scraps. I promoted all of my guys at level 10. I chose a 10/6 Erk over base Pent on the final map. (Probably the worst decision of my life.) All of my guys were at that level (but Marcus :MarcusYoung: ). I deployed an unpromoted Priscilla. No Jaffar. Rath and Lucius (two core units) died earlier, and I didn't reset. And you know how Marcus loses his steam on the last level? I didn't give luna to Athos, and I didn't know about using counterattacks to kill the dragon. Also, my lords would be one rounded by the dragon. So my entire strategy relied on sacrificing my entire team while Erk and Canas continually heal Athos. The only living units were my three lords, and "Died at Light" was all I saw during the epilogue. Now that I look back, I wonder how I even survived. :huh:

I spilled the beans, now it's your turn.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my first game sadly was awakening and I lost hundreds cuz I played casual and they came back (such regret never play it ahain !)but my second was FE7 and I remember thinking it was stupid without casual but than I forced myself to play it more and fell in love with the real fire emblem games and now hate awakening anyways back on topic I lost a grand total of 7 blue units and all enemy recruitable units ( I was clearly too stupid at the time)

My first game was Shadow Dragon. IIRC, I only had about 5-7 units and let everyone else die as I wished. I didn't rely too heaviily on Jagen though, because my cousin (Also only played SD at the time) discouraged it because Jagen never got any stats on a level. I know why NOW, but back then, I didn't.

On subsequent playthroughs, I let literally the entire army die... but 4 other people (excluding Marth), so the replacement units were EVERYWHERE. I let them die too because I wanted to have as little units in the army as possible, but they just... kept... coming... BACK!

Edited by Anguis

Spammed savestates all the time in fe7 and never used marcus except to meatshield.

I never let anyone die but that's easy when you savestate abuse.

Edited by Irysa

Blazing Sword was my first FE game. I managed to get all my fliers killed with arrows (including Florina on my very first turn with her in Chapter 3 and 15 both). Basically, Marcus javelin-ed almost the entire game, and Pent was my lone healer/magic user until Athos. I didn't train the 3 lords at all; I think Eliwood was the only one who even got to level 10. They were kept safely rescued during the final battle. Oh, and since I hid the lords from battle, I missed out on some recruits.

My first game was Shadow Dragon. My team was Wolf, Sedgar and whoever I felt like. So I ended up with Wolf, Sedgar and an army of underleveled chaps. Wolf and Sedgar alone could not reclaim the Falchion from Gharnef, nor could they defeat all the Manaketes in Doluna.

lost almost everybody in fe11 normal mode possible

only marth. nagi, horace and ymir survived

Really? Wow. I thought you'd be good considering you're a fantastic speedrunner.

EDIT: Does that explain why your name is "General Horace"?

Edited by momogeek2141

ehhh i was okay. i ended up getting stuck on the fog chapter in sacred stones since joshua kept dying when i sent him south. why he could never dodge much in that run is beyond my understanding. i also let vanessa and ross die because i didn't know that i could move vanessa across the mountain again in chapter 2. i also didn't know i could just reset at the time...

Edited by Cornet

Really? Wow. I thought you'd be good considering you're a fantastic speedrunner.

EDIT: Does that explain why your name is "General Horace"?

yeah it does actually. I used to be really bad haha, it is a lot easier to kill off units in the DS games though to be fair, I only lost Florina + 3 that I forget the first time I played FE7.

yeah it does actually. I used to be really bad haha, it is a lot easier to kill off units in the DS games though to be fair, I only lost Florina + 3 that I forget the first time I played FE7.

Lol. Was he your MVP?

Real talk, Wymp was actually a total badass.

Just out of curiosity, what class was he?

I first played PoR and I went hard mode. Felt like I started off well, went overzealous on the first defend mission trying to get to the boss and lost Soren.

Didn't lose anyone else till the 4 part forest mission and it started going to hell.

Lost everyone I brought with on the final chapter but Ike and Rhys, since I packed everyone too close, not thinking till too late that only Ragnell could hurt him.

Ashnard cut down everyone one by one as I tried running.

My first game was FE8 a few months after its release. I distinctly remember that by the time I reached Ch19, the number of deploy slots was equal to the number of characters still alive. RIP half the cast

I was so worried about keeping the lords alive that I never made them fight, so they stayed so weak : (. And of course I relied on the newbie trap known as Marcus. Those very few units that survived who also were not pre-promoted would take forever for me to promote (even just at level 10 :((((() so they were also too weak later on.

Edited by FIENDS

Pre-Promotes (especially Marcus of all units) and units promoted at level 10 (or before level 20 in general) are not bad. Any LTC thread on this site can prove why this is true.

Anyway, when I first played Awakening, I didn't know you could pair units up, which resulted in me inadvertently doing a no pair-up run till Chapter 9.

I also spent hundreds of turns arena grinding in the GBA games. What a waste of time that was.

first game was FE8

Sethsolo lol (I was also obsessed with using Iron weapons so when I went to Morva's chapter I thought I could never win so I restarted the whole game again thinking I needed to train other units. On the 2nd run I realized all I had to do was not be a stingy fuck and use a legendary weapon lol)

FE10 was my first FE game by accident. I didn't know anything about this game except for Ike's appearence. It was the first round based strategical game I played, so I was prepared for pain.

In chapter 3 I had the first Game Over already, because Laura yet. I was considering to stop this playthrough, because this game was too hard me. Though then I took the time to watch all the tutorials. Anna did an amazing job and explained me all the important game mechanics. So I could deal with this game much better.

Though I still did many huge mistakes. In part two I forgot to recruit Haar and Calill (forgot to check out the info conversation in 3-F). Marcia died in 2-3. So I didn't have enough good units to survive 2-F. So I restart the entire game to this point once more :(

And I did not see the point of blessing. I didn't know, how many attempts I needed to beat Deghinsea and Ashera. I always attacked them with the strongest weapon. Then I was confused, why they didn't took any damage. I blessed a random weapon. I believe at least four units died to Deghinsea, because Ire was activated.

Edited by The Taninator