Fanclub for the "Hero of Shadow should be a new Campaign"

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the new campaign will be?

• "Hector Mode"
    • Side Story
    • Sequel

This thread is for those people who think that the "Hero of Shadow" part refers to a whole new campaign because let's face it, a straight remake at which the new tagline might refer to just a tactician or a new main unit would really be too little for a 20th anniversary game.

So do you think it will be a "Hector Mode" sort of thing where you get to see FE3 from the HoS's perspective, a side story or even a sequel?

Edited by VincentASM
Ambiguity in title caused by the title being so long

There are plenty of theories to it, of which your poll seems to address.

However, I have a hard time thinking on what that would be. It could be any of those 3. I would LOVE it if it was a whole new Book 3, but I'm a bit skeptical on that thought actually being the reality of the situation.

But hey, here's to hoping!

I think it'll either be a Hector mode thing, or a sort of other half to the story where the Hero of Shadow is the lord instead of Marth and they meet up at the end.

Also, I highly doubt it'll be a gaiden remake Spoon, because Marth couldn't possibly know Alm.

Also, I highly doubt it'll be a gaiden remake Spoon, because Marth couldn't possibly know Alm.

Eh? Why couldn't Marth possibly know Alm? They live in the same world during the same time period, just on different continents. If the pegasus sisters can travel continents, there's no reason why Marth and/or Alm couldn't do the same.

Eh? Why couldn't Marth possibly know Alm? They live in the same world during the same time period, just on different continents. If the pegasus sisters can travel continents, there's no reason why Marth and/or Alm couldn't do the same.

What incentive would Marth have? He's rebuilding a nation, he's kinda busy. What incentive would Alm have? He's fighting his own war.

How would they even learn of eachother?

Edited by Master Tang

What incentive would Marth have? He's rebuilding a nation, he's kinda busy. What incentive would Alm have? He's fighting his own war.

Just because he's rebuilding a nation doesn't mean that Marth isn't going to travel abroad. He still has to maintain good relations with his allies, and possibly even find new ones. He's probably going to welcome all the help he can possibly find.

How would they even learn of eachother?

Word of mouth. I doubt Paola, Est, and Katua are the only ones who made the journey from Akaneia to Valencia. It seems unlikely that there wouldn't be any sort of trade between the two continents. Trade requires people obviously, and people are likely to bring stories from their homeland to the places they travel

Why the fuck does it even matter if they don't know about eachother? When I said "Gaiden remake" I fucking meant "Gaiden remake." Not some tardspew with Marth and Arum joining forces or similar crap.

It matters because the Hero of Shadow is supposed to be Marth's friend and confidant. You can't very well be friends with someone you don't know.

"Hector Mode" option seems very unlikely, in my opinion. It was cool in FE 7, but I don't think that feature will be returning.

A sequel seems just as unlikely, but wouldn't it be awesome? Books 1, 2, and a brand new Book 3 would be great to play (I'm obviously assuming that Book 1 would be included).

A Side Story seems the most likely. Maybe there will be two Lords in this game. That'd be cool too.

A sequel seems just as unlikely, but wouldn't it be awesome? Books 1, 2, and a brand new Book 3 would be great to play (I'm obviously assuming that Book 1 would be included).

I'm rather thinking that like how FE3 was FE3 + bonus prequel remake this game will turn out to be Hero of Shadow + bonus prequel.

Word of mouth. I doubt Paola, Est, and Katua are the only ones who made the journey from Akaneia to Valencia. It seems unlikely that there wouldn't be any sort of trade between the two continents. Trade requires people obviously, and people are likely to bring stories from their homeland to the places they travel

Your actually right. Many people forget about my favorite FE3 character, Camus. He traveled to Valencia then came back to Akeneia as Sirius.

Hopefully they'll add some of the Satiliteview games as gaidens. Bring the axe brothers back, or at least Barst.

My current theory/hope is:

• Shadow Dragon had 25 Chapters, 5 Gaiden chapters, and 4 Prologue chapters. New Mystery should be about that length as a minimum (Not counting Book 1). If wishes were horses we might get 50 chapters total but that is highly unlikely.
  • Given we know there is a Prologue, we can figure a range of 4-10 chapters could become the prologue of the game. (Either a simple Gaiden prologue akin to Shadow Dragon, or a more robust Prologue similar to Lyndis Story).
  • Five Gaiden Chapters is a pretty good count.
  • That gives room for about 5-10 new chapters of story.

At least, how I see it.

My hope is about 45 chapters split as follows:

• Prologue 1-10. Introducing My Unit as well as some other characters (new, reintroduced from SD, or part of the Altean army).
  • The main story bolstered to 30 Main chapters. The 'new chapters' that were not part of Book 2 focusing on My Unit helping in ways Marth is unaware of. So for some chapters are Marth and My Unit as Lords, some just Marth, and some just My Unit.
  • Five Gaiden Chapters, where My Unit is needed to activate them in some way, Marth is optional for them and My Unit is the Lord for them. These are ways to introduce new characters.

I am not really for a Hector mode in this case, or a Sequel. If he is to be Marth's other side it should all be one story in the big picture.