What are the BEST marriages?

Inigo

I've gone through 30 hours of gameplay on two different files, and I still end up unsatisfied with my choices. (Marrying MU to Chrom, not having a 3rd Gen Morgan, Vaike x Cherche, etc.) So. Before I start a file on Normal (to grind for Apotheosis) what are the BEST marriage options?

Also, Asset and Flaw for MU?

Edited by Inigo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing such as best marriages, because it depends on everyone's perspective

As for myself

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66264234

Is my most recent one

and

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66222415

I'm a huge fan of Galeforcing as many people as possible. Same thing with Armsthrift (Regalia <3)

What I did before was:

MU x Tharja
Chrom x Olivia

Gaius x Sumia

Vaike x Cherche

LQ x Cordelia

and that's it on that file, actually. Then I read how Vaike x Cherche is less than ideal, and Gaius could go somewhere better, so I ditched this file after 8 hours on Hard.

Edited by Inigo

So
Vaike x Sully
Frederick x Cherche

Olivia x Chrom

What about MU, for an (even more) OP Morgan? I'd go with FeMU cuz Galeforce. Gaius is another who stumps me, same with Donnel.

Eh, any 3rd gen Morgan is OP-- get a manakete Morgan with +def for a pretty strong tank-- pair FeMU with Walhart for Conquest Morgan... or pair MaMU with Cordilia for broken Severa

I suppose no GF on MU but two MU offspring is an even tradeoff.

So who's a good partner for Tharja and Sumia (for the one that doesn't get MU)?

I had Tharja pair with Donnel in my play through-- probably didn't get quite as good as I coulda-- but Armsthrifting Nosfutank Noire wasn't bad. And I paired Sumia with Henry-- awesome Dark Flier Cynthia wielding a forged high crit lightning tome with 70 crit plus DS+, gamble, anathema, and an S-rank support. Pair her with another crit heavy unit and you've got yourself a pair of critters! her ability to use tomefaire makes her pretty awesome as well. *tho seriously, even in apotheosis she constantly gets good crit chances*

Edited by Raine

Tharja - Donnel. Galeforce and Armthrift

Sumia is really fine with everyone. As someone puts it, Sumia has the best output out of any gen 1

So the Top 2 is Chrom and Henry because marrying them hurt the team the least

Edited by JSND

Tharja - Donnel. Galeforce and Armthrift

Sumia is really fine with everyone. As someone puts it, Sumia has the best output out of any gen 1

So the Top 2 is Chrom and Henry because marrying them hurt the team the least

Sumia doesn't have Armsthrift and Galeforce, guess which first gen character does though :Kappa:

So.

Vaike x Sully

Frederick x Cherche
Chrom x Olivia

Cordelia x LQ

Tharja x Donnel
MU x Sumia

Kellam x Nowi (tank Nah)
Lissa x Libra (maybe?)

?

Edited by Inigo

which is why Donnel is most the time paired with someone like Sully who doesn't normally get galeforce and Kjelle would probably benefit greatly from most the stat gains and class options he'd present her.

EDIT: Oh, Cordelia *facepalm*

BTW, I notice you've left out Muriel (however you spell it), Lissa., Panne, and Maribelle

Edited by Raine

Sumia doesn't have Armsthrift and Galeforce, guess which first gen character does though :Kappa:

Which does not have Luna and DG+, which means she is mediocre at best, while Sumia is "near gen 2 quality"

Jebailey

That being said, Stahl x Cordelia is the only Severa other than Vaike!Severa who comes close to Frederick!Severa

Edited by JSND

Tharja is probably best with Gaius or Donnel. Ricken, Vaike and Stahl are runners-up. Gaius gives her Vantage/Sol and Galeforce, while Donnel gives her Armsthrift/Sol and Galeforce. Ricken gives her Pavise/Aegis with Tomefaire, Vaike is okay just for Mercenary, and Stahl gives her Pavise/Aegis as well, but with Vantage instead of Tomefaire, which I think is a better trade compared to Ricken if only because the Myrmidon class set is so OP. Gregor is also good if he's not paired yet, since Noire gets Vantage and Armsthrift from him to be a good Aversa tank. Gregor's usually needed elsewhere, though, so this is uncommon.

Sumia's good with Henry, Chrom, or really anyone because Cynthia already starts with a great skillset. (Galeforce, Luna, Tomefaire, Dual Guard) Henry gives her more magical options, Gaius gives her Vantage/Sol and Myrmidon, and Chrom/Fred give her Cavalier which is nice.

As for other pairings, I have some options.

Lucina: Anyone with Galeforce, so basically anyone except Sully.

Owain: Ricken for good magic and Luna, Henry/Libra for Dark Mage.

Brady: Okay with any dad for same reasons as Cynthia. (Galeforce, Luna, Dual Guard)

Inigo: Chrom gives him Luna without killing his speed. Fred gives her Pavise/Aegis and more physical options in Wyvern, General, etc. Libra gives him all the magic options he could ever want. Really, Inigo can take even guys like Kellam or Virion and still end up amazing because of his class set.

Kjelle: Vaike and Donnel are really her only options because she needs Merc pretty bad. Vaike for mods, Donnel for Galeforce. She can take Gregor if somehow he's not paired at that point, and Gaius gives her good mods, Vantage/Sol and Galeforce. Henry is also okay compared to her other dads, since she gets Pavise/Aegis, Vantage and Luna to succeed as a Sorcerer as well as some support skills if you want to make her a support for some reason.

Severa: Stahl is probably the best because he gives her Vantage and Luna, which are the two big things she wants in life. Lon'qu and Gaius also give her Myrmidon. Vaike's okay even just for Knight and for mods that would give Yarne a run for his money. Ricken's fine for Cavalier and Mage to be a solid Dark Flier with. Fred makes her bulky with Pavise/Aegis combined with Sol.

Nah: Gaius gives her Vantage/Sol, speed, and Galeforce. Donnel is basically Gaius except he gives Armsthrift instead and has higher defensive mods. Vaike gives her Knight and Mercenary to be a pretty good Helswath General with. Kellam gives her good defensive mods and Pavise/Renewal.

Laurent: Gregor, Lon'qu, Stahl and Gaius are my top four because Laurent really wants Vantage. Kellam and Ricken give him good magic but no Vantage. He does get Luna from them, though, so he can be a good staffbot who can hit hard when he needs to.

Gerome: For a frontliner Gerome, Frederick, Gregor and Stahl are probably the top three. Fred for Pavise/Aegis/Sol and bulky mods, Gregor for Vantage/Sol, Axefaire and lots of physical options, and Stahl for Vantage/Sol, Aegis and Cavalier and Myrmidon trees. If you're going support, just about anyone with Dual Guard or Axefaire will make him fine, but preferably the former. Heck, even Ricken makes Gerome okay just because of Cavalier. Also, Gaius and Lon'qu still make him okay because he likes Vantage/Sol. Gerome's one of those kids who you can technically screw over but you actively have to try to do so because he or someone else always gets something that pulls him through.

Yarne: Basically the same issue as Gerome in that he wants Gregor or Gaius is he wants to frontline for Vantage/Sol, but will have to take someone with Great Knight for Dual Guard if he's not. I find he's also okay with any dad who gives him Archer for some reason because it works well with his Assassin tree.

Lon'qu's also notable for Miriel and Panne if only because it gives you some of the best third generation Morgans. Lon'qu!Laurent paired up with a +Mag/-Def Avatar creates a Morgan who's fast enough to double Anna even as a Sorcerer and absolutely destroy her with Aversa's Night/Celica's Gale/Waste/Nosferatu/Fire/whatever. By contrast, Lon'qu!Yarne paired with a +Str/-Def Avatar creates a Morgan who's fast enough to deal with most things and kills anything and everything with any sword, lance, axe or bow you put in his hands.

Edited by HeoandReo

Oh no, not one of THESE threads.

I honestly get annoyed everytime someone PM's me on Youtube asking me for "the best" children setups and pairings.

There is nothing such as best marriages, because it depends on everyone's perspective

What they said.

With the whole "I'm tired of this crap and sounding like a hipster" out of the way... there are a lot of builds which are best for certain things.

It really depends what you are looking for.

Offensive Galeforce Player Phase strike team? Or Enemy Phase survivable tanks in Lunatic+?

Okay. Based on the above post, I came up with...

Tharja x Donnel

Sumia x Gaius

Olivia x Chrom

Lissa x Libra

Maribelle x Henry

Sully x Vaike

Cordelia x Stahl

Nowi x Kellam

Cherche x Frederick

Panne x Gregor
Miriel x Ricken

shadowofchaos, I'm looking for more of a "strike team who can take out half of the enemy units during the first turn and take out a few more during the next turn" and ultimately Apotheosis-worthy team.

Edit: Not sure where to stick MU in now...

Edited by Inigo

Looking back at what got posted before I posted... seems like Heo covered it a hell of a lot better than I ever could.

Now as for your last comment... if your MU is a guy, then you could probably marry them to Aversa for a Dark Blessing Morgan. Or Lucina since you mentioned you might have wanted a 3rd gen Morgan.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Okay. Based on the above post, I came up with...

Tharja x Donnel

Sumia x Gaius

Chrom x Olivia

Lissa x Libra

Maribelle x Henry

Sully x Vaike

Cordelia x Stahl

Kellam x Nowi

Cherche x Frederick

Panne x Gregor

Ricken x Miriel

shadowofchaos, I'm looking for more of a "strike team who can take out half of the enemy units during the first turn and take out a few more during the next turn" and ultimately Apotheosis-worthy team.

I'd personally give Lon'qu to Miriel because he's free, I like having Vantage on Laurent for Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath shenanigans and it's my personal OTP, but Ricken's good too. Luna makes him hit pretty hard, so either way makes every tome use count, given the lack of Armsthrift.

From what I've seen from people who've done the map, harder DLCs like Apotheosis tends to favour heavy-offense hit-and-run strategies, so Galeforce would be nice for some of your units. (i.e. have a pair-up team kill someone, Galeforce/dance to kill another, then maybe Rescue them or something) Non-Galeforcers like Kjelle and Nah in your setup can either be bulky tanks or pair-up buddies for guys like Inigo and Severa.

damnit Heo, why you so good at this >_>

Did you have a copy paste for maximizing or something? lol

University's out for the summer and I need something to do otherwise my brain'll fry. That, and I look at a lot of different sources and others boards discussing this to keep the options open.

Min-max is pretty much the only field I can cover, though. :P That and the GBA reverse recruitment hacks because I initially registered to comment on them then forgot about this account for like a year.

Edited by HeoandReo

You can take Apoth with a team of Gen1s and win

It's not that hard

At least not the secret path. Secret path, you need Limit Breaker and Rallies for Gen 1... I think? Because I'm sure someone might just prove me wrong.