FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

I have managed to get the Homebrew menu to recognize Awakening through the flashcart, but it doesn't seem to be able to actually access to save file. It gives me a "can't access the save data archive" error.

EDIT: I re-loaded Awakening, saved, and now it works (I had been playing Fates recently, maybe I did something with the file organization, I dunno.)

Edited by chuggaafan1

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, thanks to all the help from my good friend TildeHat from GBATemp, I've managed to make some very noticeable changes to the prologue.

qz0Dxct.png54zg6qM.png

wn1oNir.png

We know both Morgans use the same character label, I managed to make a completely new label for Male Morgan, however, this label seems to only half work, as shown in the second picture below, so that's still a WIP

F4KoyJW.png658zhQM.png

0SUH2k2.pngvvRMBku.png

And before anyone asks, no, Expiration has no animation, since it seems to be specifically hardcoded to work for Engame Grima, something funny happened when Grima procced Astra though;

X2BflsC.png

Morgan activated her "No Skill" skill and proceeded to take "No Damage" as her HP Bar still actually did decrease, then she "attacked" Grima for "no damage" even though Grima wasn't done with Astra.

Edited by DeathChaos25

Alright, thanks to all the help from my good friend TilderHat from GBATemp, I've managed to make some very noticeable changes to the prologue.

*stuff*

Do you mind if I post this on Tumblr? Looks pretty interesting to share.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Do you mind if I post this on Tumblr? Looks pretty interesting to share.

Sure, if you want the files, I can happily share them.

edit: tfw NTR CFW fails to boot 7 times in a row, fun.

edit 2: Here is the download as promised, if you run NTR CFW just extract and place the files in the root of your SD and everything should work, USA version obv, I don't know how NTR works with CIAs though, since I own and use the Cartridge Version.

Also, I'm too lazy to delete the unnecessary stuff, so this also includes parent child convo between cordelia&lucina, severa&chrom, and sibling convo between lucina&severa, also includes Grima's Character ID replacing Dummy, and an Edited support log where anyone and everyone has each other in the support list.

Edited by DeathChaos25

Sure, if you want the files, I can happily share them.

edit: tfw NTR CFW fails to boot 7 times in a row, fun.

edit 2: Here is the download as promised, if you run NTR CFW just extract and place the files in the root of your SD and everything should work, USA version obv, I don't know how NTR works with CIAs though, since I own and use the Cartridge Version.

Also, I'm too lazy to delete the unnecessary stuff, so this also includes parent child convo between cordelia&lucina, severa&chrom, and sibling convo between lucina&severa, also includes Grima's Character ID replacing Dummy, and an Edited support log where anyone and everyone has each other in the support list.

I do use the cartridge as well.

NTR CFW should theoretically work with CIAs as well.

I do use the cartridge as well.

NTR CFW should theoretically work with CIAs as well.

Oh by the way, I thought you'd like to know, there's an easy workaround with NTR to the Voice Bug where the game doesn't remember to keep Japanese voices.

In the sound folder of the romfs, there are 2 files with US_EN and US_JP at the end of the filename.

Rename US_EN to US_SP, rename US_JP to US_EN, and rename the previously renamed US_SP back to US_JP, and drag and drop these files into 00040000000a0500/sound/ in your SD card, what this does is swap around the voice sets, the default set now becomes Japanese voices, and choosing Japanese Voices in the game menu now becomes the English folder, this doesn't apply to confession scenes though, those are individual files that also need to be renamed.

I wonder if there is a way to fix the flag that is saved rather than having to go through all that, haha. (I don't have to worry about it. I use the JP cartridge most of the time anyway.)

Eh, all you have to do is rename 2 files, if I owned the EU version of the game I'd have a look at the file structures since that version has the bug fixed.

I'm trying to make a cheat plugin for NTR and so far have found enough data to make most of the codes work. However, I can't find for the life of me how to make a code STORE values from a pointer or add to the stored value. Anyone have any ideas? More specifically I'm talking about codes like this,

Class modifier

D9000000 03CF0AF8
D4000000 0000XXXX
B3CF1100 00000000
D6000000 00000068
D2000000 00000000

How would the D9 and D4 translate into the coding?

So, basically, it's possible, sort of, but at the moment, it has quite some limitations.

First, FeMU has to be the main MU of the file, the reason for this is, as you noticed, my MaMU didn't have the correct name, and instead had the name "プレイヤー".

As it is, both MaMU's and FeMU's character blocks lack 2 important things that every character has, a pointer to an FID and a pointer to an MPID, normally, this would cause a Game crash if they're missing, but because MaMU and FeMU have their info auto filled by a game function from the Player's MU, this is not an issue.

In P001 (the very first prologue, the one I edited), you ACTUALLY aren't using Chrom and an MU, these are a special "Chrom" and "Player" units that are only specifically used in this chapter, labeled P001_クロム and P001_プレイヤー, it just so happens that the chapter script file has a function that replaces the P001_プレイヤー's info with your MU's.

However, P001_プレイヤー actually has the missing data that the normal MU character block does not, this one has a placeholder MPID and FID for a MaMU.

So, with this in mind, I went to MaMU's character block, and added the placeholder FID and MPID from P001_プレイヤー, and thus you can actually now call MaMU through the プレイヤー character label, and use the standard username label to call FeMU.

This means that MaMU's name is read from the プレイヤー label, but you can easily change that one, it's in m/E/GameData.bin.lz, extracting this file with FEAT gives you a .txt with almost all of the game's labels in there, one of the first few reads player, changing that one would change MaMU's name, and dragging this file back into FEAT gives you the .bin.lz needed.

Sadly, I can't seem to find any placeholder data for FeMU, nor have I actually been able to find any of FeMU's sprite data inside the face folder...

Still... It's quite the breakthrough and creativity there.

I completely forgot that the prologue had "placeholder" units.

I remembered during your explanation that Chrom and MU for that chapter don't get support points.

VERY NICE!

Meanwhile, Grima's friggin Dragon head is nowhere to be found.

If FEAT would stop crashing every time it tries to extract a ctpk file I'd probably progress much faster, and for some reason this only happens with Awakening ctpk files, the ones from Fates extract perfectly.

Edited by DeathChaos25

THUNDERESA!

So I was poking around in the game script, bored, and I was reading the roster. Lo and behold, guess who was on the end of the list?

'Ol Hubba.

No, I'm not pulling your leg. This is real. Here's the relevant bit of text, on line 58 of 相性占い.txt:

MID_名鑑_おじいさん: An old man who just sort of showed\nup. Mostly useless, though he can\nassess relationships. Oh, and he's a\nfew millennia old or something.\nThe one with the wildest love life.\nBorn on February 29th

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself. It's legit. I'm honestly surprised no one has found this until now.

It's right after Emm's SpotPass description. He seems to have no data, (aside from the character portraits), but I wonder if there's any other data hinting to him in the Japanese version?

Pretty neat, huh?

-Robotortoise

Edited by robotortoise

However, P001_プレイヤー actually has the missing data that the normal MU character block does not, this one has a placeholder MPID and FID for a MaMU.

So, with this in mind, I went to MaMU's character block, and added the placeholder FID and MPID from P001_プレイヤー, and thus you can actually now call MaMU through the プレイヤー character label, and use the standard username label to call FeMU.

This means that MaMU's name is read from the プレイヤー label, but you can easily change that one, it's in m/E/GameData.bin.lz, extracting this file with FEAT gives you a .txt with almost all of the game's labels in there, one of the first few reads player, changing that one would change MaMU's name, and dragging this file back into FEAT gives you the .bin.lz needed.

Sadly, I can't seem to find any placeholder data for FeMU, nor have I actually been able to find any of FeMU's sprite data inside the face folder...

Hmmm... I'm not actually familiar with how to make the same changes you did.

Are you willing to share the file? I want to mess around with it myself later on.

I'd share the file, but it's still not working as intended, the placeholder MaMU is only inheriting the Hair Color of your real MaMU, but the Body Type, hair style, face features, etc, are not, so it still needs some further investigation.

If anyone here has experience in RAM hacking, I'll need some help.

Assuming that RAM Hacking gives you the character table for your active party, I'll need someone to make a dump with a party full of LogBook MUs, and find the following info, the PID (not MPID, MPID is name label, this is irrelevant), and the FID of these units.

Hmm, all avatar logbooks simply point to Avatar_N, we'll need to investigate them further, so unless we figure out how the game reads their data, we're really not going to get anywhere further with this.

Anyways, here's the files, go to your support log and view Frederick and FeMU's B support.

Hey, I'm having some trouble with support editing via Character Editor. Basically, I switched around a bunch of supports, and while most of them are working, a few of them just aren't registering right. They have support events on sparkling tiles, and the hearts appear above them after battles/other actions, but the supports themselves just aren't getting unlocked. The supports in question are Lissa/Tharja, Gaius/Stahl, and Sumia/Cherche, though there could be others. Here's my static.bin.lz (decompressed) and the relevant save file. I used UnassumingVenusaur's same-sex marriage hack as a base, if that helps. Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

So, thanks to my good friend TildeHat from GBATemp and countless hours of frustration, we've learned how to add/edit units in a map.

We've added a completely new playable character to static.bin, however we are still trying to work out some weird details/glitches.

Here's what's been modified in Chapter 1, this new unit will join your party once the chapter ends.

CYVJiqx.png6Hzc5aW.png

9LMGxzv.pngUZgEeum.png

The following data is located in the data/dispos folder, I edited 01.bin.lz.

I have mostly mapped out the character block for this file, character blocks are 0x74 in size, see below;

u2dH5vV.png

For the Coordinates, X1 Y1 is the character's starting position, then, if the script file in romfs/scripts says the unit will move, they move to X2 Y2 when the player will first gain control of the unit.

In these files, 0x0 is the filesize, 0x4 a pointer to the pointers table, and at 0x8 how many pointers are in the previous pointer table.

At 0x20, starting from there, 0xC bytes, these blocks indicate what "team" the characters are for, 0x20 is a pointer to a name label, for example, in 01.bin it points to "Player" as in, playable units, in 0x24, is a pointer to where the character blocks for this team start, and in 0x28 is how many character blocks it will read in this team, then at 0x2C you get the label for team 2, 0x30 pointer to the start of the block, 0x34 number of character blocks, etc, until the first character block is finally reached.

The same rules that apply to static.bin apply to these files, example, values are reversed and have 0x20 subtracted, etc.

Edit: Fixed, for anyone interested, download is here.

To anyone who has any experience with save data editing, what is Phila's character value?

From what I understand, it should be 39 since 38 was the last value normally.

Edited by DeathChaos25

Hello, say, I was using the Item Editor, I opened the GameData.bin that came with it, and made my edits, what next?

EDIT:

Actually, already fixed my problem.

My next question is, as of now, what can be easily edited?

Edited by FrozenDragon150

To anyone who has any experience with save data editing, what is Phila's character value?

From what I understand, it should be 39 since 38 was the last value normally.

if anyone hasn't tried this I will test to find phila's id

Edited by LuigiSmash220

Is it possible to add characters to your roster? In my latest playthrough I didn't unlock Say'ri, I accentually avoided her and later on I didnt even notice she wasn't on my roster since she is still in all the cutscenes. So now when I've finished the game and unlocked the mission with her brother I then noticed I didnt unlock her.

Could I just unlock marth and edit its values to make him Say'ri?