[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Patch v2.1α released

Fixed bug with gibberish filenames.

Added modified Icon.bin

- Changes the Game title in HOME-Menu from "ファイアーエムブレム if" to "Fire Emblem: Fates"

- Patches the Game to Regionfree

- DLC's are still playable (you need to be on Japanese SysNAND or EmuNAND like always)

- Official Patch 1.1 still works!

[spoiler=Image from Streetpass]CL6VqxUWUAAf3cS.jpg

Not sure how hard it would be to do this, but could you make a copy of the file that changes the game name to say Fire Emblem: If instead of Fates?

edit: would this work? (it's a bin file just had to rename it so I could upload it)

hi.txt

Edited by Monado_III

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how hard it would be to do this, but could you make a copy of the file that changes the game name to say Fire Emblem: If instead of Fates?

edit: would this work? (it's a bin file just had to rename it so I could upload it)

The next patch will actually have If instead of Fates, we just didn't include that fix in this patch. If people would like a dual release, we'll release two versions.

Okay, so I got the game along with the Gateway. I dumped the rom and tried to load it, just to see if it would work. The game showed up, so I launched it. It showed the "Nintendo 3ds" logo that displays before you play a game, but It just stayed on that screen forever, forcing me to hold down the power button. To make matters worse, when I try to launch gateway by the internet exploit (The only way I can ever get it to work at all.), it skips the launcher and just boots me right into gateway mode. I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but I couldn't find anything. I'm assuming if the rom won't even load without the translation patch, the'res no way it'll work WITH the patch, so I would like to get this fixed before I try to install the patch. Thank you.

Edited by Ben_413

Okay, so I got the game along with the Gateway. I dumped the rom and tried to load it, just to see if it would work. The game showed up, so I launched it. It showed the "Nintendo 3ds" logo that displays before you play a game, but It just stayed on that screen forever, forcing me to hold down the power button. To make matters worse, when I try to launch gateway by the internet exploit (The only way I can ever get it to work at all.), it skips the launcher and just boots me right into gateway mode. I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but I couldn't find anything. I'm assuming if the rom won't even load without the translation patch, the'res no way it'll work WITH the patch, so I would like to get this fixed before I try to install the patch. Thank you.

What firmware is the 3DS?

1. The rom has to be firmware spoofed or you can update the EmuNAND firmware to play it without the English patch.

2. Keep your Gateway flashcart out of the 3DS slot cartridge so that it doesn't boot Gateway mode automatically. Or just hold the L-button to boot into the Gateway menu.

3. When the rom is patched with the English patch, it's also firmware and region spoofed, iirc.

4. I'm sure you'll ask about DLC and it'll work with Gateway or a Japanese EmuNAND.

1. The rom has to be firmware spoofed or you can update the EmuNAND firmware to play it without the English patch.

2. Keep your Gateway flashcart out of the 3DS slot cartridge so that it doesn't boot Gateway mode automatically. Or just hold the L-button to boot into the Gateway menu.

3. When the rom is patched with the English patch, it's also firmware and region spoofed, iirc.

4. I'm sure you'll ask about DLC and it'll work with Gateway or a Japanese EmuNAND.

Oh! So once I install the patch, it should work fine?

Oh! So once I install the patch, it should work fine?

It should. If it still doesn't, try updating your EmuNAND. Make sure you read the instructions on how to update EmuNAND. Because you may accidentally update your SysNAND and get screwed over.

Edited by Linkmstr

It should. If it still doesn't, try updating your EmuNAND. Make sure you read the instructions on how to update EmuNAND. Because you may accidentally update your SysNAND and get screwed over.

Okay, thank you! :KnollRoll:

Are you trying to boot the ROM version or the CIA?

Get the latest version of Gateway if you are using the CIA version and one that does not have the cryptofix.

Gateway should have no problems launching the ROM version.

So i'm having a bit of an odd issue. I was playing patch 2.0 as a .CIA, but decided to swap over to .3DS for 2.1a.

Backed up my save file with SaveDataFiler > Injected it to CTR. But when I start the game and go to continue, the first pane of saves aren't there, but the second pane of saves are.

Top two are from the .cia & bottom two from the .3ds

47964d2b_o.png

Both save sections to the right have a bottom screen of the below image. I'm not sure if that's entirely relevant / if i'm just being oblivious or missing something from that.

ac289f86_o.png

So i'm having a bit of an odd issue. I was playing patch 2.0 as a .CIA, but decided to swap over to .3DS for 2.1a.

Backed up my save file with SaveDataFiler > Injected it to CTR. But when I start the game and go to continue, the first pane of saves aren't there, but the second pane of saves are.

Top two are from the .cia & bottom two from the .3ds

Was the .3ds file patched as a CARD2 type? If not, you can't inject to CTR.

Was the .3ds file patched as a CARD2 type? If not, you can't inject to CTR.

It was not. I was still able to inject the save from .cia to ctr.

Is that where the warning from the bottom screen of page two comes into play?

Wasn't really a big deal, just something I thought i'd bring up incase it was a bug - Just copied my top left save on the CIA to the middle right save slot and trasnfered the saves again. xD

Hi, after installing patch v2.1, my dlcs no longer work.

It says that the sd coukd not be detected and that the maps should be downloaded again.

I was on 2.0 before, and I can use my dlc maps. But now...

Am I the only one having this issue?

Hi, after installing patch v2.1, my dlcs no longer work.

It says that the sd coukd not be detected and that the maps should be downloaded again.

I was on 2.0 before, and I can use my dlc maps. But now...

Am I the only one having this issue?

It works fine for me with my Japanese EMuNAND.

If you want to get them to work again, remove the icon.bin inside of exe-folder.

I'm using the newest Patch (2.1α) and it works fine for me on Japanese EmuNAND.

I wasn't able to use the DLC on my European SysNAND ever.

[spoiler=Example Photo]11836804_1001327059898358_76225096269425

Edited by Cellenseres

It was not. I was still able to inject the save from .cia to ctr.

Is that where the warning from the bottom screen of page two comes into play?

Wasn't really a big deal, just something I thought i'd bring up incase it was a bug - Just copied my top left save on the CIA to the middle right save slot and trasnfered the saves again. xD

Even if it says that it succeeded in injecting the save, it actually didn't work. It has to be a CARD2 type rom to inject saves since CARD2 type roms put the saves within the rom itself.

No, the warning is only there for the DLC and that's it. It's saying not to mess with the DLC or else you may lose those saves.

Well, the second and last column of the saves are saved into the SD card and that's why you see them on your new .3ds rom.

What I did was I used the older rom with v2.0 patch and it works...

I have a US emunand and I'm using gateway, I was thinking I shouldn't have to change the region of my emunand for the dlc to work because they worked just fine in the previous patches.

Alright, I'll do what you advised and delete the icon.bin file.

It works fine for me with my Japanese EMuNAND.

If you want to get them to work again, remove the icon.bin inside of exe-folder.

I'm using the newest Patch (2.1α) and it works fine for me on Japanese EmuNAND.

I wasn't able to use the DLC on my European SysNAND ever.

[spoiler=Example Photo]11836804_1001327059898358_76225096269425

So I've been following your 'How to Use Fire Emblem If: Chapter Translation Patch' guide, and I've run into an issue. I'm at the part where the guide says to "Drag&Drop your dumped .3ds-file on ncchinfo_gen.py." It says that I "should find a 'ncchinfo.bin' in the directory of ncchinfo_gen.py." But when I drag the file, I see a black box appear and disappear. That's it. There's no .bin file to be found. (Also, idk why my fount just got small for a bit. Sorry.)

I do have Python 2.7 installed. EDIT: Any help would be appreciated... Please? :o

EDIT: Someone? Anyone?

Edited by Ben_413

Want try jap version with eng path, pls somebody create patch 2.1a with xdelta
Like here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-labyrinth-no-kanata-beyond-the-labyrinth.379598/

{Use xdelta ui for it, can be downloaded with patch from link}

To create you need clean rom and patched rom, choose them on program, then outpath of patch "D:\FEIf_se_e0.2.xdelta"

It's much easy than another and faster, early thanks for help

We can't simply create a Patch with xdelta.

We could use xdelta for some old games like these for gba or somesthing else but for this Game it isn't a good idea.
TThe other problem: There are more versions of this game (SE, Hoshido Only, Nohr Only). We have to create a xdelta-patch for every version. I only own the SE and won't get the others, too just for creating a xdelta-patch.

Oh, i see. Thanks for info, but xdelta works great with 3ds and ps3 games (i tested it)

Only problem if 3ds-cia was changed-spoofed for hell know reason for what.

Can you do it for me pls (se one with [what card save, what do you use pls tell me, i would need to find-create it to work with it])?

I know that it's not easy to always do what people want

(Because of work that people do to translate it. It's already BIG thing and we all need give them all credit for it, and authors of this great game)

Still, if you dont want to do it, it's also good thing). Because all people need to be equeally ^.^

I would try to do like it's writen in your guide, thanks

(Sorry for my English)

Edited by ever17

Somebody pls do patch 2.1a with xdelta

Like here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-labyrinth-no-kanata-beyond-the-labyrinth.379598/

{Use x delta ui for it, can be downloaded with patch from link}

We can't simply create a Patch with xdelta.

We could use xdelta for some old games like these for gba or somesthing else but for this Game it isn't a good idea.

TThe other problem: There are more versions of this game (SE, Hoshido Only, Nohr Only). We have to create a xdelta-patch for every version. I only own the SE and won't get the others, too just for creating a xdelta-patch.

Edited by Cellenseres

Want try jap version with eng path, pls somebody create patch 2.1a with xdelta

{Use xdelta ui for it, can be downloaded with patch from link}

To create you need clean rom and patched rom, choose them on program, then outpath of patch "D:\FEIf_se_e0.2.xdelta"

Oh, i see. Thanks for info, but xdelta works great with 3ds and ps3 games (i tested it)

Only problem if 3ds-cia was changed-spoofed for hell know reason for what.

Can you do it for me pls (se one with [what card save, what do you use pls tell me, i would need to find-create it to work with it])?

I know that it's not easy to always do what people want

(Because of work that people do to translate it. It's already BIG thing and we all need give them all credit for it, and authors of this great game)

Still, if you dont want to do it, it's also good thing). Because all people need to be equeally ^.^

I would try to do like it's writen in your guide, thanks

(Sorry for my English)

Patching this game might seem pretty difficult at first. But the instructions in the readme is crystal clear. You just follow it word for word, and then it's done. Don't skip any steps, just read it slowly. Once everything is all created, using a newer version of the patches are easy, as you would already gotten all the files (like the rom rip and the Xorpads.)

Even if it says that it succeeded in injecting the save, it actually didn't work. It has to be a CARD2 type rom to inject saves since CARD2 type roms put the saves within the rom itself.

No, the warning is only there for the DLC and that's it. It's saying not to mess with the DLC or else you may lose those saves.

Well, the second and last column of the saves are saved into the SD card and that's why you see them on your new .3ds rom.

Alright, works for me. :)

So I've been following your 'How to Use Fire Emblem If: Chapter Translation Patch' guide, and I've run into an issue. I'm at the part where the guide says to "Drag&Drop your dumped .3ds-file on ncchinfo_gen.py." It says that I "should find a 'ncchinfo.bin' in the directory of ncchinfo_gen.py." But when I drag the file, I see a black box appear and disappear. That's it. There's no .bin file to be found. (Also, idk why my fount just got small for a bit. Sorry.)

I do have Python 2.7 installed. EDIT: Any help would be appreciated... Please? :o

EDIT: Someone? Anyone?

It seems like no one saw this post. I still haven't been able to figure it out.