Possible Sprite Theft...?

Crimson Red

Just thought I should bring this to attention since I think someone's sprite has been used and no mention of credit was there and usually people say to at least mention whoever made the sprite, so yeah...

http://forums.feshrine.net/index.php?showtopic=5167

Sorry in advance if I'm wasting time and the guy had permission to use the Link sprite in this topic, more specifically this image:

Screenshot3.png

but it reminds of The Blind Archer's work and... meh, I just thought I should be safe and not ignore it...

Yeah, that's mine.

And considering that I don't recognize the guy or give out my sprites willy-nilly, I'm damn certain I never let gave him permission to use it.

Please to be having him remove it.

I also think a PM would've been best since it was just my stuff, but whatev.

Edited by The Blind Archer

i could swear Screenshot6.png is someone else's sprite from FE as well. i want to say kopfjager (you guys know him as Wen,) but i'm not entirely sure. it's just that most of the sprites i see are from him because he's always linking them for us to critique on in ip chat

It looked a little familiar but meh, I can't really tell anything about recolors...

@Celice & TBA, I didn't know if it was his for sure since I'm not too familiar with sprites and I don't have time to go chasing people around so I took the second step first, it's enough of a waste of a time for me to look into this just so I can have the guy remove it or whatever, going through the best process to finding a solution would be like torture. Maybe if I had 6 more hours in a day... >___>

@TBA I'll have him remove that ASAP... actually if he stole the Harken sprite too I may just ban him completely, people tend to recommit crimes quite easily and multiple instances of sprite theft is... probably ban worthy, unless he begs and apologizes because he didn't know and then removes everything. >_____>

note: I'm really tired right now so take everything I say with a grain of salt... or something... <_______<

@TBA I'll have him remove that ASAP... actually if he stole the Harken sprite too I may just ban him completely, people tend to recommit crimes quite easily and multiple instances of sprite theft is... probably ban worthy, unless he begs and apologizes because he didn't know and then removes everything. >_____>

Oh, let me tell you, there is no "if" about it. That is, definitely, Yeti's Drifter animation.

He's never given anyone permission to use any of his animations outside of FEXP, so, it's rather safe to say that it's stolen :E

kid probably took the sprite and recolored it horribly; the character + hair just looks like something i think wen linked me awhile back

nvm it's not wen's cause i just checked his topic. but i swear i've seen it somewhere else on SF as someone's original work

Edited by black.witty.kitty.ops

It looked a little familiar but meh, I can't really tell anything about recolors...

@Celice & TBA, I didn't know if it was his for sure since I'm not too familiar with sprites and I don't have time to go chasing people around so I took the second step first, it's enough of a waste of a time for me to look into this just so I can have the guy remove it or whatever, going through the best process to finding a solution would be like torture. Maybe if I had 6 more hours in a day... >___>

note: I'm really tired right now so take everything I say with a grain of salt... or something... <_______<

How do you even know it's in the game, though? Given the blatant fake in the first post, I wouldn't be surprised if he just put up further edited shots, and just backed off the blatancy of the edits so they seemed more authentic. What I mean is does he actually have the capability of ripping that animation from FEXP and getting it imported into the hack--has he actually stolen something and put it into his project, or is it just a mock-screen that will go nowhere.

Edited by Celice

How do you even know it's in the game, though? Given the blatant fake in the first post, I wouldn't be surprised if he just put up further edited shots, and just backed off the blatancy of the edits so they seemed more authentic. What I mean is does he actually have the capability of ripping that animation from FEXP and getting it imported into the hack--has he actually stolen something and put it into his project, or is it just a mock-screen that will go nowhere.

That's one thing that should rather bother the uptight FE spriter community, nothing is secure in FEXP. All of Yeti's animations, his map sprites, etc, not safe in the slightest when it's in FEXP. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, decompile. For this reason, Romhacking holds a very significant edge, to say nothing of FE7xNA which is probably even more secure.

/inb4rage

I have to say that he has commendable patience to decompile the game, grab the sheet, rip the sprites and put them in order, animate them all himself, etc. If nothing else, he would have made a pretty decent romhack animator, assuming the screenshot wasn't faked.

good thing I was going to release all scripts and additions I made in FEXP anyway or this might bother me

Edited by Klokinator

That's one thing that should rather bother the uptight FE spriter community, nothing is secure in FEXP. All of Yeti's animations, his map sprites, etc, not safe in the slightest when it's in FEXP. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, decompile. For this reason, Romhacking holds a very significant edge, to say nothing of FE7xNA which is probably even more secure.

Ignoring everything else you just said, can't you take animations and Portraits from Romhacks as easy as Feditor

Ignoring everything else you just said, can't you take animations and Portraits from Romhacks as easy as Feditor

It's a lot harder if someone repoints the array for either of those. Tedious, but makes it noob proof at the least.

I'd also like to poke at that Golden Warrior guy. His Link looks like a horrid recolor of one of Uther33's older TP Links.

Edit - Eeyup. *digs stuff outta oblivion* Link-1.gif

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

You guys really do approach things like this like idiots. *sigh*

Blazer, ever heard of a PM? Wouldn't kill you, posting a topic was unnecessary.

Also, I pray hope that you do something about the guy who posted this too, cause it's just pathetic, not to include pointless, unnecessary and essentially flaming;

Wait, you SERIOUSLY thought you could get away with this?

let me tell you something

lean in real close

YOU ARE A FU(KING MORON

FU(K YOU

YOU REALLY, REALLY THINK YOU CAN JUST TAKE TWO OF THE MOST OUT OF PLACE, RECOGNISABLE SPRITEWORKS OUT THERE

THROW THEM IN WITH THE REST OF THE CESSPOOL THAT IS THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT ART

AND GET AWAY WITH IT

NO

YOU MAY NOT

YOU ARE IMPUDENT AND YOU SHALL EXPLAIN YOUR FAILURES

GO.

You people are funny. Still reckon this should have just been done behind the scenes, mass thefts or second/continuous offenses are more the thing for public conversation, but a first offense, an obvious one, should really have been dealt with quickly and a ton more efficiently.

Also, bad day for Link.

Edited by 暁

Also, I pray hope that you do something about the guy who posted this too, cause it's just pathetic, not to include pointless, unnecessary and essentially flaming;

(something I said)

Oh, no! I treated an incompetent, pathetic sprite thief with contempt!

(as for using parentheses for Cs, FEShrine has an autocensor.)

There was no need for you to do so, it was up to the Staff who handle the Forum, and only them.

There was no need nor call for your comment, whether you feel the need to "lay contempt" on someone for something they've done, it doesn't give you the right, nor responsibility, nor authority to do so.

Edited by 暁

There was no need for you to do so, it was up to the Staff who handle the Forum, and only them.

There was no need nor call for your comment, whether you feel the need to "lay contempt" on someone for something they've done, it doesn't give you the right, nor responsibility, nor authority to do so.

I concur. It's immature and eliminates the possibility of a peaceful end. You know nothing about the guy, he may have not known it was a wrong thing to do (Some people who make art have no idea how non-artists view it, I used to believe people just plopped down some ink and made magic happen, I had to meet Yoshirider and watch him do a splicing/FC livestream just to see how hard it was) and apologized, removing the art and avoiding more problems. Yeah it was wrong to use the art, but maybe he googled "Link Fire Emblem" and found that mug, not realizing whose it was. Lots of things can happen, and when you barge in throwing asshole words around trying to look good for to your buddy buddies, you come off as an asshole and nobody appreciates it. (I'm sure you got chuckles though, do feel proud at being a complete dick.)

You wanna flame someone and be completely in the right? Hunt down that pedophile that was on here recently, I'll even join in.

You guys really do approach things like this like idiots. *sigh*

Blazer, ever heard of a PM? Wouldn't kill you, posting a topic was unnecessary.

Wait, you SERIOUSLY thought you could get away with this?

let me tell you something

lean in real close

YOU ARE A FU(KING MORON

FU(K YOU

YOU REALLY, REALLY THINK YOU CAN JUST TAKE TWO OF THE MOST OUT OF PLACE, RECOGNISABLE SPRITEWORKS OUT THERE

THROW THEM IN WITH THE REST OF THE CESSPOOL THAT IS THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT ART

AND GET AWAY WITH IT

NO

YOU MAY NOT

YOU ARE IMPUDENT AND YOU SHALL EXPLAIN YOUR FAILURES

GO.

You people are funny. Still reckon this should have just been done behind the scenes, mass thefts or second/continuous offenses are more the thing for public conversation, but a first offense, an obvious one, should really have been dealt with quickly and a ton more efficiently.

Also, bad day for Link.

To the bolded section, I refer to you what Blazer said a full 2 hours before your comment.

As to your problems with what Furet said, you have walked into a topic, called Blazer an idiot for not handling this a different way (which he has already explained) then pointed at Furet and said "Don't be rude. Someone do something about his behaviour," when you have been just as insulting as he was. He was just more direct (and a bit over the top) and you picked your words carefully to seem less insulting.

It's a lot harder if someone repoints the array for either of those. Tedious, but makes it noob proof at the least.

Alll you have to do is <maybe> fix the checksum, and give it some free space :P But sometimes people break the file streams in which case it's almost impossible (I've taken a look to see how to prevent theft)

Oh, let me tell you, there is no "if" about it. That is, definitely, Yeti's Drifter animation.

He's never given anyone permission to use any of his animations outside of FEXP, so, it's rather safe to say that it's stolen :E

I'm pretty sure BwdYeti also let TEB use his animation for the Trooper, and he let Arch use his Axe Knight animation for the FE4A April Fools Joke Patch IIRC.

I'm pretty sure BwdYeti also let TEB use his animation for the Trooper

Any of his good animations*

he let Arch use his Axe Knight animation for the FE4A April Fools Joke Patch IIRC.

As a joke, but he never let Arch use it in anything else. i.e., Elibian Nights, the actual FE4A.