Fire Emblem: Inheritance of Ash (Trailer Released!)

Siuloir

Random update, now that I'm back from travelling:

First patch should be in two weeks, maybe three. Includes the Prologue, first four chapters, and one side chapter. Titles below.

Arc 1

Prologue: Homecoming

Chapter 1: Second Son

Chapter 2: Blood for Blood

Chapter 3: Old Man's War

Chapter 4: The Sleep of Stone

Side Story: Starchaser.

Oren levelled up further in the brooding protagonist department, thanks to the efforts of the absurdly talented pair of Aeo and Nih:

f5ef2673ce30f24a3b8a30127e92c042.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random update, now that I'm back from travelling:

First patch should be in two weeks, maybe three. Includes the Prologue, first four chapters, and one side chapter. Titles below.

Arc 1

Prologue: Homecoming

Chapter 1: Second Son

Chapter 2: Blood for Blood

Chapter 3: Old Man's War

Chapter 4: The Sleep of Stone

Side Story: Starchaser.

Oren levelled up further in the brooding protagonist department, thanks to the efforts of the absurdly talented pair of Aeo and Nih:

f5ef2673ce30f24a3b8a30127e92c042.png

Do I see a new backround? :O

Do I see a new backround? :O

That's just inside the ship background.

Er, no?

'Inside the ship' background exists in FE7. That one is converted from FE9/FE10, along with several other backgrounds you can see in the first post.

I think there's about a half dozen new backgrounds? The mountains where Rhassk is talking is another example.

Edited by Siuloir

Er, no?

'Inside the ship' background exists in FE7. That one is converted from FE9/FE10, along with several other backgrounds you can see in the first post.

I think there's about a half dozen new backgrounds?

Oh.

I've never actually seen that bg because I usually skip cutscenes?

welp

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, just wanted to say I was really impressed by what I saw of your FEE3 video. I thought your dialogue was quite good, and never felt unnatural. The new backgrounds are really cool, and I like the added turban to the battle sprite. Excited for the patch.

• 1 month later...

Quick update to confirm that nothing is dead - I've simply had to spend a great deal of my free time on the road recently, and have had minimal time.

Patch is entering a round of beta testing in short order, and then should be made available. 3-6 weeks seems likely.

Elemental Affinities are being replaced with something more in-setting - Their function should be identical (though they will accrue and advance quicker).

Another late-hour addition by the talented Mew -

963d397000473c27c7b267a820aaaa05.png

• 2 months later...

Not Dead, mark two.

So that travel and work period lasted longer than I expected, and was followed by a period of burn out and a meaty script revision.

That said, it's actually in closed testing now, so ~2 weeks for real this time.

Also this was in the FEE3 video, but Oren received facial reconstruction surgery at the talented hands of Aeorys and Nih.

acaf0a074cec9ae12b0816cefaf57a9a.png

Edited by Siuloir

• 1 month later...

It was a lot of fun playtesting! On the real though, watch out people, The writing in this game is insanity, its legit the most well written hack ever, hands down. I'm stoked I can be a part of it, Siuloir!

I'm very hyped to see a released version!!!

Edited by justawhitegirloninstagram~

Nice... An actual playable patch for this soon? Legit hyped.

*nods to Siuloir on some nice graphics*

The Soldier body seems maybe a Lil small with the new helmet though... Maybe my larger armor soldier could be edited to some use for you?

Nice... An actual playable patch for this soon? Legit hyped.

*nods to Siuloir on some nice graphics*

The Soldier body seems maybe a Lil small with the new helmet though... Maybe my larger armor soldier could be edited to some use for you?

The head is actually the exact same size - I just swapped the pixels around to give it an actual helmet. At most it might be a pixel wider, but I don't think so? It's been about six months since I even touched that animation so I could be wrong.

I wouldn't turn down your soldier (I'm a huge fan of your sprites - I actually really want to see you animate both your bandit and your fighter/would be happy to help you with either), but unless it's already sheeted + you want to add the crest yourself (there's a deliberate Grecian theme there), I feel like that's a fair amount of tedium to ask of you at random. :/ But if you do, I'm 100% okay with slipping it in to the next patch. :D

Edited by Siuloir

Ya ya... Not meant as a "change that right now! >:0" just a... Cool, can I help if that's cool. ;)

Gimme a PM or shout on Skype, Siuloir. :D

I honestly welcome the help - You clearly care a lot about the community, and your spriting is pretty top notch.

I'll drop you a line today. :)

Oren's strikes me as Castlevania-ish. Was that unintentional?

His features?

Unintentional, but I can kinda see what you're saying in terms of style. The sprite's changed a ton over the span of the project - I did the original, and the body/armor (which is all that's left of his early incarnation), but Aeorys and Nih are the ones responsible for his facial features, his pose, and his hair.