Implementing a con growth in GBA games?

Zalo

Hey guys.

I don't believe this has been asked before, but is there any way to implement a con growth rate into the game? I phail at coding and stuff so I don't know how to check myself, but con does appear as a stat upon leveling up, so I thought that it MIGHT be possible...

Alternatively, is there anyway to change the equation for attack speed?

Thanks!

If you want to do something like this, you have to do an aid growth too, since mages have low con and even low aid, imagine everyone in your party having 20 con but little to no aid and you can't recuse any unit

As con is mathematically linked to aid (for nonmounted: [aid = con-1], and [aid = 25 or 20 -con] for mounted, male and female respectively) aid should change along with con. Aid is more a result of existing stats, like attack, hit, critical and avoid rather than a stat itself, and so doesn't require a growth. I'm pretty sure this is how it works anyway...

Hey guys.

I don't believe this has been asked before, but is there any way to implement a con growth rate into the game? I phail at coding and stuff so I don't know how to check myself, but con does appear as a stat upon leveling up, so I thought that it MIGHT be possible...

Alternatively, is there anyway to change the equation for attack speed?

Thanks!

I think the Midori patch adds a con growth and messes with attack speed stuff. It also adds a movement growthrate like we saw in FE5, which is snazzy.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to do something like this, you have to do an aid growth too, since mages have low con and even low aid, imagine everyone in your party having 20 con but little to no aid and you can't recuse any unit

Not to derail the topic, but that ultimately can be used in regards to a unit's growth quite ingeniously.

Look at Dalshin's growth in Thracia 776. The more you trained him (especially with a Sety Scroll), the more awesome he becomes, but the more CON he got with his level ups, the closer he became to never being able to be dropped off by a flier and be used as a shock unit. He becomes incredible combat-wise, but movement-wise he becomes progressively worse.

So if you're going to learn anything from what I'm saying, it's this: ask yourself how new mechanics implemented affect each individual unit, should they be used throughout the game.