So, the new Silent Hill is canceled.

Disinnocence

If you want to go look at the disappointment.

So, yeah, that kinda sucks, man.

I guess we never really heard anything about it and stuff, so I suppose you could have seen this one coming (I kinda forgot about it, so, I really didn't), but, it's still pretty disappointing.

Edited by Disinnocence

That's depressing, even coming from someone who hadn't even played any of the games in the series.

Edited by Refa

well they did fire kojima

Didn't he leave on his own accord, like Inafune did?

Konami's pretty much dead in the water. Give Metal Gear to Atlus and watch them make it a JRPG.

Wow I didn`t even know that there was a new Silent Hill in the works.. and to hear it is cancelled sucks. I actually like the series I played 1,2 and 3 so far. So due to a fallout at Konami it has been stopped.. I am a bit worried about the future of this series even though it said they will continue making them I still question if they will continue much longer now.

I never did intend to buy this, but I know the Silent Hills demo got a load of people hyped for it. Konami and Hideo falling out probably has everything to do with it.

We are lucky that Kojima is allowed/willing to finish Metal Gear Solid V.

On another note, Konami are removing "A Hideo Kojima game" from everything, even new prints of the Metal Gear Solid games/adverts, etc., which I find just as disturbing. I'm glad I picked up the Legacy Collection when I did.

What a splendid way to dig your own grave/shoot yourself in the foot/etc.

Edited by Raven

They're also behind the Bemani games, which seem to be doing okay in Japan?

I would've loved to see if the new music could hold up to what Akira Yamaoka did. Oh, well.

much like pokemon and beyblade, it stays relevant as children/young teens come and go

Not for long if they keep bumping out broken cards to increase the sell then ban and limit the hell out of them in a short span.

Something weird is going on with Konami. First they removed the Kojima logo from the new MGS, then this.

Well Konami's been going downhill ever since they thought Lords of Shadow was a good direction for Castlevania, everything else is just imploding though o.o

It's unlikely that I would have played Silent Hills, but it's still too bad. The teaser was pretty amazing (especially the part with the guy on the phone who talks about how boring his dad is).

Edited by Severlan

I hate playing/watching horror games/movies/tv shows but I was hyped for Silent Hills if only because I'd read up on it afterwards and learn the story that way, and also Norman Reedus. I wonder if Kojima leaving Konami has anything to do with wanting to end Metal Gear for good though, since hasn't he said the series was over like a dozen times now?

I hate playing/watching horror games/movies/tv shows but I was hyped for Silent Hills if only because I'd read up on it afterwards and learn the story that way, and also Norman Reedus. I wonder if Kojima leaving Konami has anything to do with wanting to end Metal Gear for good though, since hasn't he said the series was over like a dozen times now?

I think even Kojima has said that it was supposed to end earlier than it did...