This "Guide to Marriage and Inheritance in FE Awakening" on Tumblr written by "Fire Emblem Awakening Experts"...

Zerker

http://askafireemblemexpert.tumblr.com/feamiguide

I just can't stop laughing at how terrible a guide it is.

Seriously.

It focuses on optimization, yet...

It suggests Libra+Tharja, Virion+Sully, and other terrible pairings that are just pure idiocy.

I don't know if the author of it even knows he's embarrassing himself this badly.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Opinions

Not to sound rude, but if this is a guide it MUST focus on optimization and it's a fact that those pairings are pretty terrible, be it for the caps, the class overlap, or lack of usefull skills for the children. There are plenty of things that can be argued as different opinions,even some pairings (like Donnel or Vaike for Kjelle). But it's a fact that some pairings are worse than others.

ARG the guide wastes Gaius on Cynthia and don't even talk about both her best fathers (Henry and Fred) -_-

WTF Cordelia and Gaius as well. And they don't even talk about Stahl, that pretty much everyone knows is her best father...

HAHAHA Stahl is Sully best option... Because getting only archer is just great.

EDIT: He actually put Fred x Sumia as one of the worst pairings... That person doesn't know what he's talking about...

Edited by Nobody

He/She/They also make this ridiculous claim on one of the "worst":

Frederick x Sumia: yes, he’s one of her few marriage options. But his stat modifiers are pretty much directly opposite to her’s! The pair of them will make a very skillful Cynthia with nothing else notable about her.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

"....written by Fire Emblem Awakening Experts" wow, that some serious claim he made there. This make me not sure if the guide is a troll guide or a serious one.

Edited by Shengar

>Opinions

>Wrong opinions

I hate to call any opinion "wrong", but this is presented as a guide for "ideal" pairings:

I’ve played Awakening an awful lot, as you might have guessed, and after numerous playthroughs I think I’m finally starting to hone in on some “ideal” pairings.

Anything that is presented as "ideal" better be damn close to "ideal", or it will get criticized - this is the internet.

I just wish I could criticize it in a comment section on that "article".

Anyways, according to this "Ross" fellow...

- Cordelia x Gaius is "awesome"

- apparently Stahl is Sully's "best option".

- Also says Gaius should pass down Counter to Cynthia, when Sol is much better, and still gender-locked.

- Miriel is passing down Lifetaker instead of Dual Support+ or Renewal, or even Demoiselle, when Laurent can get Lifetaker plenty well on his own.

At least it includes the disclaimer

Keep in mind -while based on extensive experience, these pairings/inheritance options are still tailored to my particular playstyle and, as such, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Really though, a big problem, for me at least, is that this guy calls his blog "Ask the Fire Emblem Awakening Experts".

EDIT: Wow, I spent way too much time criticizing something I give zero shits about; I must be in a pretty bad mood.

Edited by Euklyd

Uh, guys, while I agree that this guide has a lot of problems, that's no reason to be so rude. :/

Although, I dislike how the writer is being so mean to Frederick. He has a lot more potential as a father. He can make a tanky-as-hell Morgan, a killer Gerome, or, as much as I hate to admit it, a pretty good Cynthia. He's not bad on Severa either.

Still, I think even I could write a better guide than this and I don't even play Hard or Lunatic...

EDIT: Wow, I spent way too much time criticizing something I give zero shits about; I must be in a pretty bad mood.

I approve of your way to vent your bad mood.

Edited by Ƶerker

You were expecting something amazing about Fire Emblem gameplay on tumblr?

I don't think this guide should be taken with a grain of salt. I think it should be taken with a restaurant-sized shaker of salt, per pairing. Sure, it'll work, if you're looking for something like a super-speedy Severa, but anyone who knows how to research their pairings will come to a drastically different conclusion.

I'd also love to know who these "experts" are. . .for, uh, cross-reference sake.

I'd also love to know who these "experts" are. . .for, uh, cross-reference sake.

Hope this helps everyone! :)

- Ross

Someone named Ross...

And someone named Sarah, apparently.

TWO EXPERTS! OH MY, THE WORLD HATH BEEN SHAKEN!

But really. . .that kind of stuff screams of attention-grabbing. I have a serious problem with such antics, and I'd probably tell them that if I could be bothered to make a tumblr account (hint: I can't).

Fred does go to waste on Sumia though- he's needed elsewhere: Cynthia has was she can gain from him. (Really, Cynthia doesn't need no father. Except to exist. She doesn't gain much from any of them. Hell, not even MU is that good for her, because she's so damn good out of the box.)

She gains from Henry more than anyone else... and Gaius is also wasted on her- since his role is to pass PK, which she already has. Sure, Vantage is nice, and proliferation of it is wonderful, but like DG+ it's not needed on every character- only 1 per pair. Cynthia wants a Vantage boyfriend in the same manner that Laurent wants a Galeforce girlfriend.

Fred's needed by Panne or Cherche really- (I favor Fred/Panne. Yarne come pre-equipped with Berserker, and stands to gain a DG+ from it, where as Fred/Cher gets me a DG+ without the 'zerker).

Only thing I did like with it, is some sticking to some older stronger guns like Vaike!Gerome and L'Q!Severa- even if they weren't "first choices". (And dropping at least one mention of Kellam!Nah, which is the only hard-defense character in the entire game that I trust for Hard Def- although I've dropped running her myself in favor of Gregor!Nah, as another Vantage user (Guess what? I didn't keep her Manakete)).

But yeah, no.

TWO EXPERTS! OH MY, THE WORLD HATH BEEN SHAKEN!

But really. . .that kind of stuff screams of attention-grabbing. I have a serious problem with such antics, and I'd probably tell them that if I could be bothered to make a tumblr account (hint: I can't).

I can send them your message if you want, since it seems I have a tumblr account that I hadn't known about before.

You make a good point there, Airship Canon. I'd never thought of it that way before. Frederick might produce a good Cynthia, but she's not actually his best choice of child. That would probably be Gerome and Morgan. Though, you don't really need to count Morgan, he's good no matter who his father is. Same with female Morgan and her mother. Anyway, you're also probably right that Freddy would make a good Yarne.

Helps me that my favorite non-Avatar girls for Freddy are Cordelia, Panne, and Cherche too. :D

Edited by Anacybele

what's this I hear about bad cynthias (or unless I'm too tired to pay attention)

every cynthia is good

This guide has its flaws, but some pairings aren't actually too bad.

I object on Frederick making a good Yarne... hard.

objection.jpg

Seriously, Taguels are all about speed, and Frederick has a -2 SPD modifier.

That is not a good thing!

objection.jpg

People like Frederick/Panne because it enables Yarne to reclass to wyvern rider. Though, I'd say Virion/Panne and Lon'qu/Panne would be better options, because they both give Yarne more SPD.

IMO, Frederick's not too much of a great dad in general.

Edited by Invader ZM

objection.jpg

Why the damn hell are you using him as anything but a berserker?

Taguel is an absolutely terrible class with no redeeming features.

Yarne's got no Galeforce, sure you can hypothetically make him a solid lead if you can get him magic and vantage, but he's much better off stacking a huge amount of +STR and going 'zerk as a hard support (so that -2 SPD mod (which yah know, turns out to be a +2 SPD Mod when the day is said and done) means zilch because it's over 30 either way.) The +5 SKL is appreciated. The +5 STR also. Dude runs 80 STR after LB, rallies and his Axefaire. And considering he's not a good lead, he's born to be a support, and that damage is amazing.

Edited by Airship Canon

Alright, for Cynthia. . .

Chrom - Auto-Aether is peachy, as is giving herself a potential Bowbreaker/Cavalier line.

Avatar - LOL, YOU DON'T NEED MY ADVICES

Frederick - You have a problem with Luna/another flying line on top of durability? Didn't think so.

Gaius - Uh, she'll have a lot of speed to her name, as well as the thief/myrmidon line and Sol (NOT COUNTER, GAIUS HAS LOUSY DURABILITY).

Henry - She can dip into the Dark Mage line, and have some thieving utility as well. Miracle/Wrath/Vengeance is pretty gimmicky, IMO.

I think that's everyone Sumia can shack up with. Frederick gives her the best options, IMO, as she'll end up with the best skills (Luna, Deliverer, and a couple of breakers). Gaius makes her the Queen of On-Hits and Swords (she'll have Sol, Astra, Lethality, and Swordfaire, and that's not counting what Sumia gives), Henry turns her into the Trick Pony (Miracle/Wrath/Vengeance with Nosferatu, any questions?), Chrom turns her into a fairly reliable flying unit (Bowbreaker), and lolAvatar.

If I want to give Yarne Wyvern Rider, I'll have Lon'qu pair up with Bunny Girl.

That's perfectly fine. Brunette!Severa's really fun, though. XP

I bet it is! Cordelia would be my choice for Freddy if I were to play a male Avatar too. :D

He's always going with my female Avatar herself in Female Avatar runs though. There's absolutely no way I could pair him with anyone else in that case, as many know. <3

Alright, for Cynthia. . .

Chrom - Auto-Aether is peachy, as is giving herself a potential Bowbreaker/Cavalier line.

Avatar - LOL, YOU DON'T NEED MY ADVICES

Frederick - You have a problem with Luna/another flying line on top of durability? Didn't think so.

Gaius - Uh, she'll have a lot of speed to her name, as well as the thief/myrmidon line and Sol (NOT COUNTER, GAIUS HAS LOUSY DURABILITY).

Henry - She can dip into the Dark Mage line, and have some thieving utility as well. Miracle/Wrath/Vengeance is pretty gimmicky, IMO.

I think that's everyone Sumia can shack up with. Frederick gives her the best options, IMO, as she'll end up with the best skills (Luna, Deliverer, and a couple of breakers). Gaius makes her the Queen of On-Hits and Swords (she'll have Sol, Astra, Lethality, and Swordfaire, and that's not counting what Sumia gives), Henry turns her into the Trick Pony (Miracle/Wrath/Vengeance with Nosferatu, any questions?), Chrom turns her into a fairly reliable flying unit (Bowbreaker), and lolAvatar.

If I want to give Yarne Wyvern Rider, I'll have Lon'qu pair up with Bunny Girl.

Wait... Doesn't Cynthia naturally inherit Luna access from Sumia's Knight tree?

But yeah. You can't really go wrong with any of Sumia's pairings, though I'd say Gaius is arguably the worst, in addition to being a bit of a waste on Sumia when he should be spreading the Pegasus Knight love around.

Edited by Skarthe