I'm looking for some fellow Project M smashers (Updated with Installation instructions)

Sooo... I'm looking for new people to Smash with (on Wii/Wii U and Dolphin)

(I do both)

Here's my FC:

Wii U (Smash - Project M) Friend Code:

3098-3766-2239

And here is a link that can help you set up Project M for online smashing if you haven't already setup your Wii/Wii U to connect to the replacement custom servers

Yes, this will work on your Wii U if you want to use that instead of your Original Wii.

i play P: M on my Wii U myself ^//^

Summary of Instructions from link:

1. Install the Homebrew channel on your Wii/vWii (Wii U) dashboard (the link above will walk you through that ^//^; )
  2. Gather all the necessary files for Project M and the Wi-Fi custom server patch and place them all into the root of your SD Card. (ex. F:/) Here is a link to all the files in one folder for simplicity's sake! Be sure to extract them all together now.
  3. Erase your Brawl save file and import this save file into Brawl. This save file hasn't ever been connected to Wi-Fi before, so no FC is associated with it (it should have all the characters and stages unlocked as well i believe. If not, here is a 100% save file right here).
  4. Launch the Wi-Fi patch Launcher from Homebrew; this should launch Brawl as well if you have it in the disc tray.
  5. Connect to Wi-Fi so that you can register a new FC on the custom servers that have replaced the old ones.
  6. Go back to the Wii dashboard and launch Project M from the Homebrew channel.
  7. Connect to Wi-Fi to make sure it works for Project M as well (it should ^//^).
  8. SHARE YOUR NEW MADE FC AND START SMASHING!!! nojohns :Kappa:

Hit me up with you want to smash! I'll be waiting~! ^_^

Just to help clear up some confusion:

do you need a wii u for proj m online?

Nope!

It's prefered to use a Wii anyway because of the fact that you can use GC controllers on the Wii for free, compared to the Wii U which you have to buy an adapter for anyway.

So using an original Wii is fine!

All FC's so far:

• John: 3098-3766-2239
  • Shinpichu: 3012-4773-1980

[spoiler=Useful links if you want to play Project M through Netplay with other Dolphin Users:]

Edited by John the Tactician

Project M online on Nintendo's servers is horrendous. Everyone needs to upgrade to netplay with the community build and use Dolphin.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1t4iab/project_m_30_netplay_guide/

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-project-m-netplay-community-build-v1-3-beta-for-project-m-3-02.356334/

Edited by Inui

Project M online on Nintendo's servers is horrendous. Everyone needs to upgrade to netplay with the community build and use Dolphin.

I don't have much problem with using the custom made servers for Wi-Fi

Btw, the official Nintendo severs are dead now anyway, and not everyone has the money to invest into a gaming PC to play Project M on Dolphin Netplay. :P

although I do have it on Dolphin as well, but I like using both platforms anyway.

You have like a default pad buffer of 20 when using the Wii which is worse than even a CA to NY connection needing a pad buffer of 8 or 9 to be playable. Even BAD internet on Dolphin is better than good internet on the Wii.

Basically, if you're not a peasant, just use your computer. You just need a fast processor, not even a high end video card.

You have like a default pad buffer of 20 when using the Wii which is worse than even a CA to NY connection needing a pad buffer of 8 or 9 to be playable. Even BAD internet on Dolphin is better than good internet on the Wii.

Basically, if you're not a peasant, just use your computer. You just need a fast processor, not even a high end video card.

Okay then. But like I said before, not everyone is rich, which is why I play on both platforms.

So please leave your FC if you're gonna leave one! ^_^

You don't need to be rich. I just make 12 bucks an hour at a UPS Store and have a high end gaming laptop despite paying rent, owning a car, and living on my own. You just need a good PROCESSOR. Anyone with a regular job can get a good CPU.

Just include the reddit and Smashboards links I posted in your original post for Netplay. They both have a ton of information regarding performance so you can tweek your PC and Dolphin to run the game better. Even some toasters can run the game if you optimize your settings.

An added benefit to choosing Dolphin netplay is that I, a pro player, can train you noobs. ;) I don't do 20+ pad buffer of Wii severs though LOL.

Edited by Inui

I can't right now, but I'll be able to within a month. I don't know my FC since I got a new wii, since my old wii died a few days ago.

I'll have it up whenevr I get to it, probably this weekend

yeah I also currently have the full version Edited by Comet

@John

No SD card reader. I only have a Wifi connector at the moment....

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-USB-Enabled-Lan-Adapter/dp/B000WY8GW8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1409177317&sr=8-16&keywords=Wifi+connector+Wii

XyVAaT.jpg

this one...

As an SD card reader is needed for your comp to read SD memory cards. Can this connector read Private files on your comp to be able to use Gecko/Riivolution?

Edited by PuffPuff

@John

No SD card reader. I only have a Wifi connector at the moment....

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-USB-Enabled-Lan-Adapter/dp/B000WY8GW8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1409177317&sr=8-16&keywords=Wifi+connector+Wii

XyVAaT.jpg

this one...

As an SD card reader is needed for your comp to read SD memory cards. Can this connector read Private files on your comp to be able to use Gecko/Riivolution?

umm... i don't think that the Wii can do that without being modded at first... and you need an SD card to be able to mod it in the first place... :(

hmm i might just use dolphin then for simplicity sake and less lag rage, I would like to play fellow roy player Inui for some tips and what not!

Well that's fine as well, but you do need to have a decent PC to be able to emulate Brawl.

well i run melee fine, but we will see. I have a decent gaming computer but i know emulating is pretty tough.

Mmm... alright then.

and i'm just letting you know right now, the lag on the custom severs while I smash on the Wii U isn't that bad at all. I don't really notice it tbh, but that does depend who you are smashing against anyway so yeah.

yeah but it seems harder to get the wii proj m online to work, and i don't have an sd card slot.

also there is melee net play too right? I would do that as well.

Mm... it's not that hard to get working for me, just a little bit of removing the SD card back and forth. But not having an SD card slot most def makes that harder. did you build this PC without one?

and there's apparently both Melee and Brawl Netplay, but i haven't joined any communities for it yet just because I've been busy. plus, I just like P: M much better ^^;

Inui would be able to help you more with the Netplay though, if you need more information after you look at the links in the OP about Netplay.

ok i got pm on my computer and its running smoothly (after messing around with the control sensitivity for awhile) so i should be able to net play now

Yeah I got mine working as well for Netplay.

If anyone else want to netplay Smash, we can. ^^

I'm still doing both Wii (U) and Dolphin btw.