Healer Mafia - D6 ends on Dec. 15 at 8:00 PM HST

eclipse

This is clearly discrimination against the avaterless, you, you....scoundrel!

But before I forget,

##Unvote

Uh, not sure you get the point. Try voting for other people. Even if you don't think someone's that likely to be mafia right now, presumably you know your own alignment. If you're town, you know that anyone else in the game is more likely to be mafia than you. Vote for one of those people.

To be fair I'd rather be judged on my actual actions than on meta stuff, even if it ends in a mislynch. I didn't intend for my first post to be anything but a joke. Wasn't expecting it to be taken seriously (if it even is??).

But more generally, I don't think there's much to talk about Day One, especially this early on. In my limited Mafia experience offsite, D1 is mostly about getting opinions out of everyone to have context for what they say in later days (so you can nail them on contradictions), rather than outright exposing scum immediately. Though, that is also nice if you can accomplish it.

Polydeuces is being a a bit weird with his several low-content posts, but half the people playing haven't srs posted at all yet so I can't hold it against him.

That's exactly it. You voting for yourself means even less than voting for someone else at this point. And because there's not much to talk about, minor things like a joke selfvote get blown out of proportion. So be careful and don't do silly things right now.

##Vote: BBM

Not a huge fan of your Shinori vote.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay's last post reads kind of like coaching? I dunno. I don't think selfvoting is scummy itself but I won't argue that it doesn't help the town. Didn't like the empty unvote without trying to address votes on him though.

##Vote: Vennobennu

I hope something happens soon.

Kay's last post reads kind of like coaching? I dunno. I don't think selfvoting is scummy itself but I won't argue that it doesn't help the town. Didn't like the empty unvote without trying to address votes on him though.

##Vote: Vennobennu

I hope something happens soon.

What's wrong with that? If he's noobtown, it'll possibly help. If he's scum, it still adds pressure on him to not keep doing unhelpful stuff.

I'm not liking the self-vote either, but it was pretty obviously a joke so I'm ignoring it. Some people just like to keep it in mind. Try to be more careful about it in the future if you're looking to avoid people thinking you're scum early on.

SB, why do you call Kay out for it, and not Polyderps?

I guess the coaching thing is kind of a moot point, it bothers me more because most of your post is coaching and then a BBM vote at the end that isn't really justified. Why didn't you like his vote? Poly isn't good but I caught something kind of interesting in one of his posts that makes me not want to pursue him atm.

I guess the coaching thing is kind of a moot point, it bothers me more because most of your post is coaching and then a BBM vote at the end that isn't really justified. Why didn't you like his vote? Poly isn't good but I caught something kind of interesting in one of his posts that makes me not want to pursue him atm.

I guess it's not as much the Shinori vote as much as that I thought the Venno wagon was big enough that he should have said something about it as well as dropping a vote on Shinori.

I don't feel like the Vennobennu wagon is anything more than ED1 shenanigans, honestly. His self-vote was ill-advised, but again, ED1.

Kay, what exactly about BBM's vote bugs you?

No, Kaoz did not query me.

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

Coaching can be done in the scum quicktopic so there was absolutely no reason to call Kay out for that. Also if you want something to happen then make it happen instead of adding noncommital remarks. Emptypost of 2013.

Don't like this Viata post because if they believe scum can be caught ED1 then telling somebody they'll change their vote soon reads like appeasement.

From my perspective, the fact that Kay is coaching could mean that she is just giving advice/prodding scum like he says, or she might be scum trying to buddy. The comment about being careful kinda rubs me the wrong way - pardon the arrogance, but I can't see myself being lynched on the strength of a jokevote in the very first reply. There wasn't much to address, considering my first post was as RVS as you could get, and half the people who voted for me were in RVS mode too. I don't think there was ever a real a wagon on me, just pressure being put on me as a result of my off-key joke. It did provoke some discussion, which I suppose is a plus.

Prims, why does Viata's post read like appeasement? It's not like voting for me was controversial or a serious deal at that point, it being ~12 hours into the game and all.

scorri hasn't posted yet; Eurykins, Shin and Kirsche have yet to make a non-RVS post. Do y'all have any views? Personally, I don't have a solid read either way on anybody besides what I've already mentioned, but it's starting to get weird that they haven't contributed at all.

In fact:

##Vote: scorri

hellooo I'm back I have a few hours (if you see a quest lurking the thread it's me on my phone)

Prims, why does Viata's post read like appeasement? It's not like voting for me was controversial or a serious deal at that point, it being ~12 hours into the game and all.

Venno's mostly got it actually lol. I meant it more as a general statement, as in I don't like keeping my vote on anyone for too long earlygame. I can see how it can be read as appeasement, didn't mean it that way though.

I also meant to say I'm not fond of BBM's newplayer defense but it doesn't feel worth a vote. there was something else I saw that bugged me but I'm going to have to catch up first

a guest* lmao

Yeah the coaching discussion was kinda pointless and SB's Venno vote feels really easy to me, he didn't say much else wrt scumhunting either. I don't see why Kay would want to coach her scumbuddy in public.

##Unvote

Other things, I feel weird about Elie because it feels like he's playing it safe. Also Paperblade is doing that thing he does as scum where he just kinda sits back and makes remarks about the game. Poly's handwaving of Venno's selfvote sorta bugged me but Paper's vote on him for it kinda bugged me more.

No, Kaoz did not query me.

##Unvote

Coaching can be done in the scum quicktopic so there was absolutely no reason to call Kay out for that. Also if you want something to happen then make it happen instead of adding noncommital remarks. Emptypost of 2013.

Yeah, I kind of realized that after. Part of the empty shit was actually a crumb but I can't expect people to know that (or the majority of people to figure it out) so it's sort of to be expected I guess.

Bizz, why does a vote being easy make it scummy? Sometimes an easy vote can be the right one (and I'm not just talking about cop guilties etc) and tbh nothing else is jumping out at me right now.

Venn: it's not really weird considering some people's timezones and stuff.

Bizz, why does a vote being easy make it scummy? Sometimes an easy vote can be the right one (and I'm not just talking about cop guilties etc) and tbh nothing else is jumping out at me right now.

it doesn't matter whether or not a vote being easy is scummy, but rather I think your vote was easy and in a scummy way.

Blah. Ate bad food last night, stomach's paying for it now. ;x

Venn's RVS post (and the other votes on top of him), I saw purely as RVS shinanegans and nothin' more, and he's been posting more since then. Fine for now.

Shinori seems to be acting weird in terms of posting multiple times before throwing up a vote himself and going off on random tangents.

Bizz is being Bizz.

Grass's swap to Prims for voting was weird, but hard to see it as anything more, though his reply to Bizz (post #42) felt a bit off/forced/a little defensive?

Poly seems to be posting as vibrantly/chaotically as usual. Can't gather much from him.

SB votes on Venn due to him (Venn) not reacting/responding to what I saw as RVS joking votes. Can't say I'm a fan of his logic/vote.

Kay's vote on BBM seems...weird. Moves from "Not a huge fan of your Shinori vote" to this. Not sure if it's general 'expectations' from someone's posting, or something else.

Objection's posts so far seem...empty, in the sense of contributing nothing to the actual game.

SK's posts have been neutral so far.

Prim's miller claim- interesting.

Shin, Kirsche: Not posted much of anything, so null atm.

##unvote

##Vote Shinori