Healer Mafia - D6 ends on Dec. 15 at 8:00 PM HST

eclipse

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like that. It could also being tunneling someone for most of the day, then dropping it for whatever reason, leaving the rest of the game to scramble for a lynch.

(guess who was busy with other stuff)

1. I don't like it because it generates way too many short posts in far too little time, and tells me that the town couldn't figure out who to lynch sooner.

2. By reducing the day phase time, I think it'll force people to pay more attention, because a shorter phase means less time to screw around. I felt that the day phases weren't being used wisely - D3 felt like one case that got stretched out far too long, for example.

On MotK, the last few games have had 48 hour D1s and 72 hours for the rest of the days, and I really don't find that it works, especially for Day 1. Shorter phases don't mean that people screw around less, it just means that when time comes to consolidate, you're even less certain.

People are busy with irl whether you shorten phase time or not.

I'm against 48 hr day phasrs (unless night talk exists, then only for lategame)

48 hour D1s don't work because RVS, I think the reverse could work (72 hour D1 and then the rest are 48 hours) since there's no RVS. 60 hours could also work but that's up to the host's ability to be around

Edited by Paperblade

I think 72 then 48 is pretty good for day phases.

Also maybe it's just me but I think 72 hour day/ 48 hour nights is way too long with the exception of games with super big player bases. I know PiG and FE6 mafia both have this and are mini to boot so I just think that really doesn't do anything except drag the game on to me.

Well with PiG I thought that since it was OC, people might want more time to discuss actions and whatnot. I don't see much point for 48 hour night phases in NoC though, especially when there's no night-talking.