Revenge of the Armageddon of the Incredibles Generations: Back to the Independence Day Winter Soldier Rises Mania 30 Gaiden: Live Free or Cry Harder

riariadne

What does my role do because if I got unlucky night 1 and don't find someone with a ki of "1" then I'm essentially useless until N4? I didn't view my role as strong at all so I was pretty gung-ho with it.

Although yeah subbing me back in would be dumb, I was half-joking when I said that.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with this. When cult is already every other night it needs all the help it can get.

I based cult after the one in Void mostly and I also think cults should have some sort of staying power anyway.

Well but then town was basically screwed by not finding either Bane or Barsad by D4. (Or maybe it was because we lynched town and venged town...)

. . .and here we go with the differences in philosophies.I think that playing with only winning in mind is. . .restrictive. It eliminates the set of things I could do to screw over another faction, my own win condition aside. For example, had the mafia killed no one on N4 in this game, it would've ended it right then and there. Anti-wincon - absolutely. Telling the town fuck you in the worst way possible after lynching a mafia member during the time when town needed to cooperate with mafia - do that in my game, and I'd be fine with it. Lynching the cult leader after you've been culted because you don't want them to win - if I ever host another game with a cult, feel free to do this (being a third party is inherently risky, and I think internal betrayal should be factored in; it'll also remind me why I despise cults). Then again, I usually don't give fucks about losing - this is a game, and I can take the blow to my pride if I don't win it for whatever reason. Now, if I felt the game was unwinnable to begin with. . .(wasn't the case here).tl;dr - I care more about the journey than the destination, and as long as I was amused on the way, I care not if I win. I wonder if the "win at all costs" mentality is causing more problems than it should. . .

Actually Poly's lynch was in the best interests of the town, not knowing about the backup cult leader. Even at the end of the game, either town or scum could've won if we had worked together:

1. Lynch SB

2. Now it's 2/2 and I have a 50% chance of hijacking the scum kill to scum.

(I just didn't see it until too late. I've been traveling for almost 24 hours.)

Given that there was a backup leader, it turns out that lynching Paper would have been better, but scorri and I had no way of knowing that. Lynching cult at the time seemed like a good way to let scum win.

Edited by Grassbridger

i think the fact that the only one who could find scum was the backup cl meant town wasn't gonna do too well

i think the numbers were skewed towards antitown a bit but at the same time the town itself wasn't doing too well so shrug

Edited by SB.

Rein - I snipped out certain parts of my logs; please double-check and make sure that you snip them out of the other person's logs, as well (for example, I took out something in one of my logs with Snike because it has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with ranting about someone who's not even in the mafia community). If in doubt, run it by me first.

My only game-related complaint is that Tyler Durden has too much ass and too little bad. I had to dissect Fight Club in college, and the conclusion my class came to was that the main character was a pansy. ON THE UPSIDE, NO FIGHT CLUB FANFIC~!

i think the fact that the only one who could find scum was the backup cl meant town wasn't gonna do too well

i think the numbers were skewed towards antitown a bit but at the same time the town itself wasn't doing too well so shrug

This was only true because town lost a bunch of investigative roles very quickly. Voyeur could find recruits with good timing, tracker/namecop could find Bane and Barsad but not recruits (both of which were gone N2 along with the more obvious ones) and not to mention town really did not use OC to its advantage as much as it should have Edited by Reinfleche

Basically what grass said. At any point in time after numbers became clear, he and I had a plan that could let town win. Now, while it didn't account for co-leader/even night recruits only at first, it still would have worked. It just got a tad screwed over because I got recruited. It would have worked even with the co-leader knowing the plan. Which is why I still think that Grass would have made a far better recruit target than me. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just pointing out.