Inception Mafia

Paperblade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up: I'm not sure how my activity will be over the next 2 days because I have to stay in god-knows-where and am apparently watching my brothers play soccer all day. Hopefully there's wifi.

yay oversleepiong

i'm the best role ever (hint: it's tailor)

basically, each night i pick a role and alignment to suit a person as, ~and~ I have a one-shot masstailor (which i obviously cannot use with the normal tailor), which suits everyone has a certain role and alignment as predictated in my role PM. any trackers on me when i use the masstailor will see me visit no one that night. my role is not complusive. this is the full extent of my role.

so I exist to 1) screw with mafia rolecops trying to find roles and 2) can prove cop claims, which is exactly what I would have a theoretical town tailor do (hence why i've used one in my own games and I know exactly what i'm doing)

##Vote: Rein

postgame

oh, and the reason why I'm keeping the masstailor suit hidden is for proving things and stuff when there's a cop claim, because I don't want them knowing what to claim when i announce i'm using my masstailor (which I will do)

i will out my targets the day after; no point telling cops etc to basically stay off this person, etc. should always keep the mafia guessing

(followup: don't autolynch guilty reports/scummy roles, it could be me. wait until I out my target before outing your own)

i pretyped most of that first post last night, and I clearly forgot things, lol

##Unvote (Prims)

##Vote: Manix

Not a townie use of tailor at all because fake reports are just kinda inconvenient for mafia but can waste town investigative role's nights, which isn't a good tradeoff. If you're going to out "hey i tailored this guy" then mafia will know not to trust a report on them anyway, so why even bother? Screwing a mafia rolecop out of knowing a role is way less valuable than screwing a town cop out of a guilty report. The masstailor in particular is pretty bad because that's an assured waste of a cop's legitimate report, which for all you know could be on mafia that you prevent an actual check on if you're town, which I find doubtful atm

Not a townie use of tailor at all because fake reports are just kinda inconvenient for mafia but can waste town investigative role's nights, which isn't a good tradeoff.

what about mafia trying to fakeclaim cop without having the actual power to do so?

If you're going to out "hey i tailored this guy" then mafia will know not to trust a report on them anyway, so why even bother?

did you read my post? I exist to prove cop claims, etc. plus, I don't have to act

Screwing a mafia rolecop out of knowing a role is way less valuable than screwing a town cop out of a guilty report.

this is assuming we actually have a normal cop or whatever. remember how i put town tailor in a game when town had no cop, but mafia did? yeah. we don't know what's in the setup, so it's a bit of a jump to assume as such

The masstailor in particular is pretty bad because that's an assured waste of a cop's legitimate report, which for all you know could be on mafia that you prevent an actual check on if you're town, which I find doubtful atm

1) i'm just saying what i've got. if people want me to prove it, go right ahead.

2) if i'm mafia; i'm literally throwing away all the utility of my role by being so open about it.

this post actually really doesn't gel with me at all; it feels like a major overreaction to what could essentially be the miller claim of the game, for all we know. i'm actually happy with my vote

also further to the point of "i like my vote", notice how rein thinks i'm mafia just after my claim. it's far too easy to jump on it because tailor is a common scum role, and only cares about it screwing up cop reports, instead of taking it for what its actual use is: a proving role.

Did we seriously get a doublevote claim like 2 hours into the game. o.o

Also Curly brace is beyond weird the fuck. I honestly am not sure I see much point in a town tailor. I need to think about that for a bit before I decide if I want to just drop a vote on Curly or not.

In the mean time: LOL

##VOTE: EURYKINS

yeah shinori that post also irks me; i fully explained what town tailor is meant to do, and yet you clearly ignored it. the fact that you so casually say "hey i might drop a vote just because lol claim" is shit. do you ever policy vote millers or other negative utility roles? no, i didn't think so.

Shinori's ignoring his feelings about Manix is bad especially since he gives no reason for why he's overlooking it for now. That said, Rein's vote is worse because he gives off the impression of not actually reading how Manix described his role. Also, what would it matter if he screws both town and maf? Maf has no use to scan other maf members if they have a rolecop, plus we don't know the setup at all so there may not even be a cop, especially since the mafia in this game is APPARENTLY the Cops.

Also Euk, why'd you have to claim Mayor, especially if you're town? Better to hide yourself in that regard for longevity's sake.

yay oversleepiong

i'm the best role ever (hint: it's tailor)

basically, each night i pick a role and alignment to suit a person as, ~and~ I have a one-shot masstailor (which i obviously cannot use with the normal tailor), which suits everyone has a certain role and alignment as predictated in my role PM. any trackers on me when i use the masstailor will see me visit no one that night. my role is not complusive. this is the full extent of my role.

so I exist to 1) screw with mafia rolecops trying to find roles and 2) can prove cop claims, which is exactly what I would have a theoretical town tailor do (hence why i've used one in my own games and I know exactly what i'm doing)

##Vote: Rein

postgame

This post doesn't quite make me want to think your role is town.

I still see your role as sooooo much stronger for scum than town. However the reason I'm not voting you is because of a slew of reasons. I technically think town tailor is also harmful for town.

1) Your claim randomly on page 2 and your posting style makes me more inclined to not instantly jump on you being scum. Because a scum tailor really has no reason to claim at all.

2) Maybe you aren't actually scum because your role really is town and I'm just biased to dislike a 'town tailor'.

Don't randomly try to play off me being scummy because I don't like your claim. That's just poor and grasping for whatever you can get early in the day phase.

Also thank god none of you claimed miller or else I'd have to policy lynch you

Manix's role being Town Tailor (assuming it's a legit claim, which I'm inclined to think it is simply due to the general idiocy of a scum tailor claiming now) kinda reminds me of Clipsey's role in... er... One-shot, I think it was? The game where she was a Town Poisoner even though it's usually an obvscum role, and people tried to call her on it incorrectly.

I'm not seeing Manix's claim as a fake right now; IMO it's pretty null due to the idiocy of a scum!tailor claiming atm and the aforementioned "eh, this ain't the first time this kinda screwy town role's happened if legit".