Classes Trailer

Kia-en

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I the only person who seemed to notice that the Hero Class character looked and sounded like Donny? It's obvious what Villager promotes to. It's kinda thematically appropriate actually.

lol you're not the only person to notice we've known he has a hero promotion for weeks but given the nature of the villager class in fe gaiden there is some speculation as to what else he might promote to.

Edited by Velth

What in the world can a bard or troubadour do in terms of combat?

They can wield swords... and their animation looked awfully belligerent. Not very strategisty to me.

Also, I'm sure its been mentioned before, but them hats - they don't feel FE to me.

lol you're not the only person to notice we've known he has a hero promotion for weeks but given the nature of the villager class in fe gaiden there is some speculation as to what else he might promote to.

a general with a pot on his head...that would make my day.

Wait, Valkyria is how the loan word is actually rendered in moon and not just something Sega made up?

Sorta, the proper (as close to proper as Old Norse gets) is valkyrja. Which is Valkyrie in English, Valkyrian being a word form of Valkyrie. Etc.

It isn't wrong in any use, it just isn't the same.

I am disappointed with the animations for some of the classes, they just seem so awkward and stiff. What is up with the Male Magic user animations? I really dislike that stiff spin-jump thing they perform when doubling. The female Magic classes have a much more elegant, fluid animation.

Here's a low quality screen of an enemy soldier.

SoldierAwakening.png

I'm still pretty disappointed that we'll have no Lance using units that aren't mounted. . . except for Knights, which are sluggish and easily exploited, and Krom, whom we'll have to use anyway.

The Soldiers were pretty cool, sort of like faster, and more usable Knights.

Hopefully Nephenee is a DLC character, because I don't think I'll be using Donnie if I have to make him another mounted unit. . . it would be overkill at that point. And forget about Hero; that sacrifices any effort you put in with a Lance. . .

Edited by StrategistPockystix

And forget about Hero; that sacrifices any effort you put in with a Lance. . .

Effort? Over the course of the course of five levels of boosted Exp gain, certainly from E rank?

Lack of Soldier is disappointing. I like the added equipment Master Lord and Assassin have. And damn I hope the localizations keep Grandmaster. I'm more befuddled by the lack of added equipment for Griffin Knights and Sorcerers. Hopefully they get some good skills to make it work, though. I remember someone theorized Lightning Speed to be a Griffin Knight skill, and that would be awesome. I will make Serge a Griffin Knight without a second thought in that case, even if it's the only good skill the class gets.

I'm guessing Sorcerers are meant to be separate from Sages to keep the Dark Mage tree more distinct from the Mage tree, which can be good if they pull it off well. So if them getting staffs would have been too similar, there's no way they're getting Magic Cry, at least. Magic Expert does sound plausible, but Sorcerers will need a lot to make up for both Magic Cry and staffs: I don't think access to dark magic will be enough, but if it is, that means there's either a lot of dark magic or it's even better than it already looks, and if not, hopefully that means they'll make up for it with cool skills like summoning. So either way, this could be very good.

Troubadours not getting a sword promotion is vexing and not just because I spent so much time arguing in favor of one. Maybe they don't have a second promotion at all? They did lump Lord and Strategist in with the rest.

Edited by Othin

Hmm. To summarize, perhaps for the sake of anyone who does not wish to watch 8 minutes of lagging music:

Sword: Swordmaster

Lance: -

Axe: Berserker, Griffin Knight

Bow: Sniper

Tome: Sorcerer

Staff: -

Sword/Lance: Paladin, Master Lord

Lance/Axe: General, Dragonmaster

Sword/Axe: Hero

Sword/Bow: Assassin, Horseman

Lance/Bow: -

Axe/Bow: Warrior

Tome/Staff: Sage, Valkyrie

Sword/Tome: Dark Knight, Grandmaster

Sword/Staff: Trickster

Lance/Tome: Dark Pegasus

Lance/Staff: Falcon Knight

Axe/Tome: -

Axe/Staff: Battle Monk, Battle Cleric

Bow/Tome: -

Bow/Staff: -

Sword/Lance/Axe: Great Knight

Troubadours not getting a sword promotion is vexing and not just because I spent so much time arguing in favor of one. Maybe they don't have a second promotion at all? They did lump Lord and Strategist in with the rest.

Considering they're the only other mounted units that use staffs, the other promotion for Troubadour is probably Falcon Knight

Considering they're the only other mounted units that use staffs, the other promotion for Troubadour is probably Falcon Knight

Except that's absurd. The promotion gains would be insane, and there's no reason why they'd do that instead of making a new horse-mounted class.

This is likely redundant but Vincent likes these, so well

I'm leaving all description in singular because I don't want to risk people guessing there are multiples of an unique class and vice-versa

Unpromoted classes

Armor Knight (Knight) - lance

Heavy knight protected by a hard armor. High defense, but weak against magic.

Social Knight (Cavalier) - sword/lance

Knight who fights with swords and lances on horseback. Good stat balance.

Archer - bow

Soldier who fights with bows. Can attack enemies from a slight distance.

Strategist - sword/tome

A mysterious tactician apprentice. Fights with swords and magic.

Sword Fighter (Myrmidon) - sword

A warrior specialized in swordsmanship. Attacks the enemies with quick movements.

Sister (Cleric) - staff

Healer who saves her companions with staves. Cannot attack.

Fighter - axe

Savage who battles with axes. Has high strength, dealing powerful blows.

Lord - sword

A young member of royalty. Fights wielding swords.

Mage - tome

Fights with magic books. Strong against enemies with high defense.

Thief - sword

Underground-dweller who lives off stealing. Weak at fighting, but good at picking locks.

Dark Mage - tome

Heretic mage who manipulates dark magic. Sturdy, has high defense.

Mercenary - sword

A fighting professional who wields swords in battle. All-around high stats.

Pegasus Knight - lance

Knight who soars on a pegasus. Strong against magic, weak against bows.

Troubadour - staff

Healer who uses staves and rides a horse. Can't attack.

Dragon Knight (Dracoknight) - axe

Knight who flies on a dragon. High stats, but weak against bows and magic.

Priest (Curate) - staff

Healer who saves his companions with staves. Cannot attack.

Barbarian - axe

Savage who raids and pillages villages. Has high strength and speed, but low defense.

Other classes

Mamkute (Manakete) - stone

Member of a legendary race of dragon shapeshifter. Powerful when transformed, but powerless otherwise.

Taguel - stone

Warrior whos fight by changing into beasts. Powerful in battle, but powerless when not transformed.

Dancer - sword

Able to restore her allies' energy and allow them to move again with a beautiful dance.

Villager - lance

A common villager. Very weak, but might show some promise...

Promoted classes

Paladin - sword/lance

Dignified, experienced knight. A promoted class with high movement and resistance.

Great Knight - sword/lance/axe

Knight clad in thick armor. A promoted class that can use swords, lances and axes.

Trickster - sword/staff

Showy, elusive phantom thief. A promoted class able to use swords and staves.

Swordmaster - sword

Master of the sword. A promoted class that excels at speed and skill.

Falcon Knight - lance/staff

Knight who handles a falcon (?!) freely. A promoted class that can use lances and staves.

Sage - tome/staff

Magic user with a great magic power. A promoted class able to use magic and staves.

Sorcerer - tome

Sorcerer who uses dark magic. A promoted class with fearsome magic power.

Master Lord - sword/lance

Powerful army-leading royal. A promoted class able to use swords and lances.

Battle monk - axe/staff

Clergyman who fights with axes. A promoted class able to use axes and staves.

General - lance/axe

Heavy knight with supreme defense and attack power. A promoted class able to use lances and axes.

Assassin - sword/bow

Killer who lives in the shadows. A promoted class able to use swords and bows.

Hero - sword/axe

Combat master who excels at skill. A promoted class able to use swords and axes.

Berserker - sword

Powerful barbarian who has mastered the use of an axe. A promoted class with wondrous attack power.

Griffon Knight - axe

Knight who rides a griffon, a mythical beast. A promoted class with good stat balance.

Sniper - bow

Master of the bow. A promoted class that excels at skill.

Bow Knight - bow/sword

Archer knights who fires arrows from horseback. A promoted class able to use swords and bows.

Dark Pegasus - lance/tome

Knight who fights riding a dark pegasus. A promoted class able to use lances and magic.

Warrior - axe/bow

Fighter with unmatched strength. A promoted class able to use axes and bows.

Dark Knight - tome/sword

Mage knight who rides a dark horse. A promoted class able to use swords and magic.

Dragonmaster - axe/lance

Knight who excels at handling a dragon. A promoted class able to use axes and lances.

Grandmaster (?!) - sword/tome

Strategist with genial leading ability. A promoted class pivotal to an army.

Valkyria (Valkyrie) - staff/tome

Battle maiden who goes through the battlefield on a horse. A promoted class able to use magic and staves.

Battle Sister (Battle Cleric) - staff/axe

Nun who fights with axes. A promoted class able to use staves and axes.

... yeah, not much of new there.

So Krom promotes to Grandmaster? Sounds badass.

Nope, that's MU

Krom becomes a spear-using Master Lord

Edited by TheEnd

Some interesting weapon combinations. I'm guessing the number of or quality of skills is going to be greater for the classes with fewer weapons, like Othin suggested how Griffon Knights may be the class to get Lightning Speed. I'd imagine Great Knights won't get many skills(which might make sense since in why Frederick is a Great Knight instead of Paladin).

Edited by arvilino

Anyone else find it a bit strange that they showed off Krom and MU promotions? They don't typically show off the main characters promotion this early. I'm wondering if they really do have something else hidden to show that's left.

Anyone else find it a bit strange that they showed off Krom and MU promotions? They don't typically show off the main characters promotion this early. I'm wondering if they really do have something else hidden to show that's left.

The game is coming out next week in Japan, so idk if we can really call this early