What should I promote Knoll too?

Yeah, sorry...just that it's very hard for me to decide which side to go...as a Druid he would have Anima magic as a pro, but at the same time having a better Mag & Res cap; his Summoner counter part would have the phantoms and just 1 more of skill cap.

I have a level 16 Shaman druid Ewan too, he beats Knoll only in luck for now, in my previous runs I went Ewan = Druid(3 last runs); Knoll = Summoner(2 last runs) in my last run I made him a Druid & S ranked him in Anima since Glephnir it too heavy for both him & Ewan.

Here's an image:

Knoll.jpg

I gave him 1 Speedwings, his defense bothers me a bit but that's normal I guess...

Edited by soul1112

Make Knoll a Summoner. Anima magic is cool and all, but it isn't *that* great. Summoning at least brings something unique to the table.

EDIT: If you have any Dragon Shields lying around, you should probably consider giving them to him. That defense is pretty bad. Angelic Robes would be helpful as well.

Edited by Charlie

Crap! I game my last one too Amelia and the other one got lost when those bandits at Ch 9(Eirika's route) destroyed this village.

Does "secret shop" mean anything to you? :P

Does "secret shop" mean anything to you? :P

The secret shop with all the stat boosters can't be accessed during the main game if I'm not mistaken. =\

The secret shop with all the stat boosters can't be accessed during the main game if I'm not mistaken. =\

Oh crap. Lol. you're right.

Don't bother giving Knoll defensive stat boosters. He might take one extra hit max, but he never frontlines (or if he does in your case, you suck at using him). You're better off putting those on someone who does frontline so you're using them to max efficiency.

Definitely go Summoner. Thunder has the same might as Flux, so it's not much of an improvement, if at all. Summons are very very useful to have. Don't care about caps.

Edited by Mekkah

It would if my "friend", Rennac, didn't leave with that Member Card & all those items he stole...

What I do is rescue L'Archael and bring Tethys, and dance until I can reach Rennac. :P

Don't bother giving Knoll defensive stat boosters. He might take one extra hit max, but he never frontlines (or if he does in your case, you suck at using him). You're better off putting those on someone who does frontline so you're using them to max efficiency.

Definitely go Summoner. Thunder has the same might as Flux, so it's not much of an improvement, if at all. Summons are very very useful to have. Don't care about caps.

The problem is I would make him face enemies like Lyon...so with S rank in Anima I could give him Excalibur since my Lute has died...Excalibur gives him as much AS as he looses for using it.

What I do is rescue L'Archael and bring Tethys, and dance until I can reach Rennac. :P

Yeah, this is the first time I actually lost him, I train him to be bad*ss.

The problem is I would make him face enemies like Lyon...so with S rank in Anima I could give him Excalibur since my Lute has died...Excalibur gives him as much AS as he looses for using it.

But Dark > Anima. D:

You really need to stop thinking in terms of "what is going to be the best when I'm at the last 2 battles in the game" and more like "what's going to help me more for the rest of it". First, you're going to have to totally spam anima tomes just to get from D to S (220 WEXP, or 55 kills with Thunder), which is way too much work to bother with when he also can't double and can't afford to be exposed on enemy phase.

And then he's gonna have WTD and hit on Lyon's massive Res for shit damage. Totally worth it. If you want someone to use Excalibur, use Saleh.

My advice is put above. Take it, or leave it.

It would if my "friend", Rennac, didn't leave with that Member Card & all those items he stole...

You let Rennac go with the member card and items?

Knoll starts at level 10, CGV.

Might as well auto-promote him with that Master Seal he's holding so that you can pull out some summons.

true, but his defensive stats are horrible. I'm not sure the promotion gains will help him much

true, but his defensive stats are horrible. I'm not sure the promotion gains will help him much

He can promote right away, and his defensive stats will always be beyond terrible. I'm not seeing the problem.

His power isn't really a problem though. He's got magic chip at least (and thanks to his speed, that's the best it'll ever be regardless).

Staffs on promotion.

Summons.

You're MUCH better off promoting him early.

The best (read: least painful and turn costly) way to use Knoll is to have him visit the village just north of him in chapter 15, use the master seal he gets there and devote himself to healing + summoning. Summons in particular make for useful decoys, which is always good for getting those shadowshot gorgons and mogalls to be slightly less threatening.

As for your Knoll, you effectively made him a glass cannon. Despite that way above average mag and spd, he has only gained 1 point of luck and 0 def in 19 levels. Enemies will still kill him in relatively few hits and all of them will have a crit% chance of instantly KOing him. Make sure if he attacks, it's always at range, meaning he will never have an enemy phase.

Edited by Vykan12