Who is My unit.

I just needed to know does anyone have a backstory other than the generic on everyother my unit will have, if you have stories about I'd love to here.

My unit was an orphan that wandered into khadein and ended up being trapped there when gharnef first took control, so he stayed there for a while and learned magic, before he set off again he had to help rebuild khadein, in return for giving him a home and helping him defend himself, he is recruited by talking to him with marth, merric,etzel,caeda or linde. He has a mission to stop gharnef and he is half manakete.(manaketes going berserk apply to him later on.)

post a link if you have them.

I have a feeling that this topic will be closed soon, but anyway...

Here's what I definatley know about MU from as far as I've played. Their father was called Makrill, who was a friend of Jagen's in the past. (and early base convo) Makrill passed away by the time of the main story. (MU support with Linde) MU came from Serra village to Altea to become one of Marth's knights.

Come to think about it, you seem to find out more about Makrill than about MU itself. He once said "the best way to know someone's true nature is in battle" (MU support with Ogma)

My unit was raised by her grandfather, who happened to be a retired knight and former comrade of Jagen. She idolizes Marth and is lesbian for Katarina. She can't cook even if her life depends on it and trains ALL THE TIME. Her motto, learned from her gramps, is "if training hurts, train more until t stops hurting."

Her philosophy made her become a cripple a few years after the war. But she had Katarina by her side, who took care of her every need, eternally thankful for what MU had done for her.

You broke my Sue Detector!

hasha6.png

hasha6.png

...hasha...sounds familiar...?

Hold on, that was that thing set in Elibe...the main dude in one of those things was half-'kete.

However, I think a random soldier (an elite soldier, certainly, but fairly generic) to be half-manakete? Hahahah...no.

...hasha...sounds familiar...?

Hold on, that was that thing set in Elibe...the main dude in one of those things was half-'kete.

However, I think a random soldier (an elite soldier, certainly, but fairly generic) to be half-manakete? Hahahah...no.

Al, the protagonist of HnT, is a half-manakete. He's also a Sue. I wasn't disagreeing.

One day, in Magvel, King Ephraim recieved a transcontinental letter, with Marth asking for help in the upcoming war.

But since Seth is the only one with continental teleportation powers (Read: Thracia 776 mug that I made for him) and reclassing powers (read: my current avatar with him being a swordmaster), and he practically fought the last war by himself (read: SethEi PT of FE8 HM) Ephraim thought it would be best to send him.

Eirika didn't want to send him away, but he assured her that he'll come back safe, and stronger to protect her better.

... and when the war ended, Seth bid farewell to Marth and returned to his princess.

And he returned with one more point of SPD, and a capped 30 DEFENSE. And a forged Brave Lance named Gungnir. If any enemies didn't fear his name before, they did now.

...Oh, and Katarina has a crush on him because he was hot, but he only loves Eirika.

... I never made an OC!MU. I just took my favorite characters from the FE series and put them in. 8D

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well, I haven't played the game yet, but I do have that part taken care of:

M!U is a lord named Rafael, disguised as a mercenary hailing from the continent of Seliann (fanfic). He endured tough tasks in there after the war against Sedric, so he decided to travel to other lands to find peace. He lost his fathers in Seliann, when he was 2 years old. He cares for anyone and tries to lend a hand when he can, leading him to join the knights.

He aimed for glory, but instead learned a little more of being a King, for the moment to return to Seliann and become king in his country. He is unsure regarding his feelings towards Katarina, since he met love in Seliann too and wishes to help Katarina as he can, when she joins the group.

What's a Sue?

If you don't mind wasting away for two months, TVTropes is your friend. And because I'm feeling nice tonight, voila.

EDIT: FUCK NOW I HAVE TWELVE TABS OPEN

WHY DID I FEEL THE NEED TO LINK

WHY, GODS, WHY

Edited by Furetchen

I wish you could choose My Unit's nation of origin and backstory. I wanted my custom character to come from Aurelis, Altea is boring.

Seconded. . .but who said MU wasn't adopted at birth?

I'm not sure how MU interacts with the other characters, so I hope this thread will be around when this game comes overseas. I'll be more than happy to make something up for MU!

Seconded. . .but who said MU wasn't adopted at birth?

I'm not sure how MU interacts with the other characters, so I hope this thread will be around when this game comes overseas. I'll be more than happy to make something up for MU!

Regarding how MU interacts with other characters, here's some findings for my male MU.

Most of his supports seem to focus more on the other character than him, however, there are a few that show certain character qualities. He seems to offer Linde some kind of fruit in their B convo, (will get to translating later) and become a kind of brother-figure to Ryan in their convos. Of couse, I'd be more interested to see his convos with Luke, which are sure to be interesting considering the prologue.

One thing that does come out is that (male) MU has very strong ideals on what being a knight should be, (discussed in Arrans convos), and this leads him to an open confrountation with Sirius in their C convo. (he gets his ass royally kicked obviously)

Edited by Big Klingy

Regarding how MU interacts with other characters, here's some findings for my male MU.

Most of his supports seem to focus more on the other character than him, however, there are a few that show certain character qualities. He seems to offer Linde some kind of fruit in their B convo, (will get to translating later) and become a kind of brother-figure to Ryan in their convos. Of couse, I'd be more interested to see his convos with Luke, which are sure to be interesting considering the prologue.

One thing that does come out is that (male) MU has very strong ideals on what being a knight should be, (discussed in Arrans convos), and this leads him to an open confrountation with Sirius in their C convo. (he gets his ass royally kicked obviously)

I'd need to see the exact script to see if there's certain subtleties that I missed (including supports that seem to focus on the other character). Even then, I don't know if I'd want to take the time to translate it all. I'm decent at weaving a hell of a story about someone using details that may not be obvious!

Something tells me Sirius won't be a favorite of mine (combat utility be damned).

What's a Sue?

A Mary Sue is a lot of things to a lot of different people (which usually boils down to "I don't like this character").

However, a measurement that I feel is good to use is a character that is loved by almost everyone (regardless of how out of character it would be) and those who dislike said character generally get comeuppance, typically stealing the spotlight from the rest of the cast and written in a way that breaks suspension of disbelief. Keep in mind that not every character that is beloved by all is necessarily a Sue (for example, Kamina from TTGL).

There are many other traits that people will list, but that's confusing the symptoms for the disease. The fact is, your character can speak 100 languages, have heterochromatic eyes (that change colors depending on their mood), be a master of all weapons at the age of 5 but have sworn themselves to nonviolence, the heir to half the nations on the planet, etc. etc. But if the character is generally made into a buttmonkey and not favored by the rest of the cast and never really get a break beyond what you would reasonably exp, it's not a Mary Sue, even though it has a ton of traits you would expect from one. I could get into why Sues tend to have traits in common, but this isn't really the place to go indepth on that.

Edited by Paperblade

A Mary Sue is a lot of things to a lot of different people (which usually boils down to "I don't like this character").

However, a measurement that I feel is good to use is a character that is loved by almost everyone (regardless of how out of character it would be) and those who dislike said character generally get comeuppance, typically stealing the spotlight from the rest of the cast and written in a way that breaks suspension of disbelief. Keep in mind that not every character that is beloved by all is necessarily a Sue (for example, Kamina from TTGL).

There are many other traits that people will list, but that's confusing the symptoms for the disease. The fact is, your character can speak 100 languages, have heterochromatic eyes (that change colors depending on their mood), be a master of all weapons at the age of 5 but have sworn themselves to nonviolence, the heir to half the nations on the planet, etc. etc. But if the character is generally made into a buttmonkey and not favored by the rest of the cast and never really get a break beyond what you would reasonably exp, it's not a Mary Sue, even though it has a ton of traits you would expect from one. I could get into why Sues tend to have traits in common, but this isn't really the place to go indepth on that.

can i call shiida sue?

nabarl.ogma.roger.jake.marth....

can i call shiida sue?

nabarl.ogma.roger.jake.marth....

Ogma was rescued from brutal gladiatorial combat by Shiida, so it's obvious that he would feel indebted to her.

Roger, well... his sudden feelings for Shiida are really just used for comic relief, so I don't think that counts.

Nabarl's reasons are never fully explained, but that's really just part of his character.

Jake likes all girls. Again, the issue is his character, not hers.

My point here is that all the people who like her have reasons for it. That 'beloved by all' Mary Sue thing explained before implies nearly every other character likes the Sue for no apparent reason.

Example: the infamous Enoby from My Immortal. The moment a male character is introduced for the first time, they will always say something like "EnobyILoveYouWillYouHaveSexWithME!". These are people she has never met before, and this is never fully explained.

So Shiida's situation is different. She's a pretty steriotypical love intrest, I'll give her that, but not a Sue.