Pokemon ethics and morality. Is forcing Pokemon to fight morally right? Is eating Pokemon justified?

If Pokemon were real...

Would it be right to capture these free creatures and make them do your bidding? What's your stance on capturing and making Pokemon fight?

What's your stance on eating Pokemon? Is it ethical to eat Pokemon?

Remember to treat the anime, anime based off the games, manga, and games as different canons.

According to lore Pokemon like battling, according to lore again some of them seek out trainers. So really, I don't think they're being forced to battle. Like, y'know, they enjoy it.

Eating Pokemon? Well, lore once again said Farfetch'd was hunted to near extintion, but I'm sure some of them are eaten, some. So again, I don't think it's wrong to eat Pokemon either.(I wouldn't eat my Tauros/Miltank/Bouffalant, but I'd eat a wild one)

I'm looking forward to the chicken fighting and dog fighting comparasons. Don't disappoint me SF.

First question: Team Plasma basically exists to show it's okay... Not to mention it's safer than guns, since the mons faint at worst and the humans remain unharmed in-game. Well, there's always that mysteriously vanishing ratata of Blue's, but I think that was mainly for difficulty's sake cus raticate isn't great tbh.

Second question: Is it wrong to eat chickens/cows irl? It's similar, at any rate. So whether it's ethical there is basically 'are you a vegetarian?'

I'm looking forward to the chicken fighting and dog fighting comparasons. Don't disappoint me SF.

Pokemon: Fantasy Cockfighting.

As far as fighting goes, I think it depends on the inclinations of the pokemon in question. If they don't want to fight, then it's wrong to coerce them into doing so. I do think it's wrong to send a weak pokemon against a vastly superior pokemon, unless you're just sending it in for a turn to get exp. No need to have your poke show up on the field just to get ko'd a turn later. This also means that I don't approve of self destruct and explode.

As far as eating, I don't think it's justified unless it's a controlled hunt or something that benefits the population, or you more or less need to eat pokemon to live. Pretty much the same goes for eating animals IMO. Note that I do eat meat even when I don't need to...so basically I don't think I'm living a justifiable life.

As shown in the anime and games and manga, most Pokemon have equal intelligence to humans, some even more. The ones that are less smarter than humans are still smart enough to feel emotions comparable or similar to humans.

Insects and fish pokemon aren't stupid like their real world counterparts. Bird, reptile, and mammalian pokemon aren't stupid either.

Why the heck would I think about what is or isn't ethical in a game I play for fun?

I know it's a game and not playing them for ethical reasons is stupid. This is just a discussion. Haven't you ever talked about a waifu before? Same thing.

Grass type pokemon are not plants, more like animals. All pokemon are just super powered animals even the ones that look like plants.

You completely missed what I was trying to say. The Bellsprout Tower has monks in it. They may be vegetarian or vegan. Different monks have different dietary restrictions, so I can't say for sure.

pokemon enjoy fighting so it's ok to pit them against each other

also I'm pretty sure it's never been stated that Pokemon are eaten/need to be eaten

Why, Pokemon love being owned by trainer! They have no responsibilities except to fight, which is there natural state, (although half the time they can hardly be bothered). The rest of the day they just spend in there cozy little pokeball fishin, dacin, and eatin watermelon without a care in the world. Sometimes it seems like ownin Pokemon is more trouble then its worth, but then I remember the trainers burden. Without us these creatures would be nought but tallgrass savages, and they need trainers to teach them civilization and work ethic. Most of the times it feels more like they own me! You know, God gave man speach and pokeballs and set man over as the guardian of Pokemon, and thats just the way the worlds supposed to be. Why, I would contend that ownin Pokemon is not bad, but a positive good!