How often do you get Geitz/Wallace/Karel/Harken/Kenneth/Jerme?

PresidentEden

On the characters  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you normally get Geitz or Wallace in Four-Fanged Offense?

• Geitz
    • Wallace
  2. 2. Do you normally fight Kenneth or Jerme in Pale Flower of Darkness?

• Kenneth
    • Jerme
  3. 3. Do you normally get Harken or Karel in Pale Flower of Darkness?

• Harken
    • Karel

Couldn't think of a more succinct way to put it.

Geitz and Wallace, Kenneth's map and Jerme's map, Harken and Karel -- all come as mutually-exclusive pairs. How often do you get each part of each pair?

I get Geitz, Kenneth and Harken just about every time I play. I never skip Lyn Mode because I always end up using at least one unit that stars in it... but it's rare for me to use so many units from Lyn Mode that Lyn herself struggles to get to 10/0. From there Eliwood and Hector are both staples for my squads and end up at 20/0 by Ch24 (always on Hector Mode). I usually find that I have to slow down on their progression not to get Geitz. As for Kenneth and Jerme, I just find the magic users to be superior than the infantry units in this game. I'm sure that's up for debate, and it may simply amount to play style differences, but for whatever reason I find the magic users the superior cast and end up employing them more regularly than the infantry units. From there, Harken and Karel is an easy choice to make in terms of player decisions, and I find Harken to be the superior character so he's usually my pick.

I usually try to gun for Linus's version of FFO, because Geitz > Wallace, Distant Travels still plays, and no fog of war makes me happy. Though in drafts, one would want to go to Lloyd's version because it's easier to low-turn since Lloyd is closer to the army than Linus is. Overall, I like Linus's version of the chapter better and it's also my favorite chapter in the game.

Jerme's version of PFoD is really annoying, while Kenneth's is straightforward and easier to low-turn. No contest.

I usually don't get Karel or Harken since I usually beat the chapter before either arrives, but if I do recruit one of them, it's usually Karel.

Geitz because I like to really level up my lords, Jerme because I usually end up using the Hero Crest users more, and Harken because I didn't use to be the fastest player, but the times getting him outweigh the times for Karel.

Geitz/Kenneth/Harken for me. I don't like fog of war, Jerme's map is irritating, and it'd require me to use some of the units who use Hero Crests to promote (none of whom I care for; it doesn't help that I think that as a whole, the mages are superior to the infantry).

Edited by Levant Fortner

When I play casually, I normally end up getting Geitz, Jerme, and Harken, because I like using the lords in casual, and I like using Raven and Guy more than any of the unpromoted magic users. My magic user of choice generally ends up being Pent. And I like Harken more than Karel.

However, these days when I play it's more for a draft run, so I get Wallace's map (but generally not Wallace himself), because a) it's rare to have all the lords leveled up high enough and b) it's faster. Kenneth/Jerme depends on my team, but I normally try to draft a mage to still have a shot at Kenneth, the faster map, if I also get one of the infantry. And neither Harken nor Karel normally end up getting recruited, sadly, but if I did decide to recruit either of them, it would be Harken and not Karel.

Geitz : I aim for him since he's considerably better than Wallace, plus training lords is always a nice plus later on.

Jerme : for me it's basically Raven, Guy and Bartre vs. Erk and Lucius.

Karel : I just tend to go really fast on those doors.

I aim for Geitz, and usually end up vs Kenneth, and because it's Kenneth's map usually I'll end up with Karel despite liking Harken better in every way, due to my "kill everything in sight" style of gameplay.

I normally go to Linus's version of Four-Fanged Offense for a variety of reasons. The first being that Geitz is a MUCH easier unit to recruit than Wallace is(not to mention more USEFUL), the second is that I have to deal with neither fog of war nor a moving Swordmaster boss. Granted, Lloyd!FFO is easier to low turn due to Lloyd actually moving towards your party if you get in his range and being closer than Linus is on his map, not to mention that Linus!FFO is difficult to get to due to the fact that Eliwood is a bitch to level and depending on whether you played LM or not, Lyn is also hard to level.

As for Pale Flower of Darkness, I usually end up of Germ's map due to the fact that it's 3x easier to level up hero crest users than it is to level up celestial ring users(this mostly applies to Serra and Priscilla, who are stuck using staves. And let's face it: SExp is not all that great. Erk and Lucius are also hard to level on virtue of their shitty concrete physical durability.), and I always recruit Harken over Karel for a multitude of reasons, the first being that hero is a better class to be in than swordmaster, the second being Harken's HM bonuses, the third being that the hero sword is superior to the wo dao in every aspect except crit(plus the hero sword can be used by any B ranked swordsman while only Guy, Lyn, Karel, and Karla can use the wo dao.)and the fourth being that Harken can be recruited with more units(Karel is SOL if Lyn or Hector are needed to do other things on the map.)

Edited by Garchomp

I try for Geitz 'cuz I like using him, but often end up with Wallace because training Eliwood and the rng doesn't go well together with me. He can't double like Lyn, he can't hit a giant hit to make it count like Hector, and he can't even tank. Maybe I'm just getting really bad Eliwoods, but he screws up my Geitz plans every time ever since I started doing HHM. I just...don't Eliwood.

Harken is a superior unit so I get him even if I have to restrain myself.

Jerme/Kenneth is split. It ends up being Raven vs Lucius and Prissy since they're the only ones relevant in my team on this, but there's times where Raven's really overleveled and there's times where Lucius gets enough mag/speed before his promotion point (for me that's always the desert) and then ends up kicking asses while spamming barrier to get staff ranks. It's about 50-50 here.

I wouldn't dare go for Tactics rating, and I couldn't succeed even if it killed me. I like my support bonuses, thank you very much. So I play pretty casually.

Linus and Geitz, because 16x/17x and 20/21 Arena Abuse. Also gives me a reason to delay using Dart until needing him for Geitz, so then I can AA him to promotion with the desert chapter Ocean Seal.

Kenneth, because I end up grinding Serra to level 20 just for Luce. Same for Priscilla and Excalibur. Plus, I'd rather have Aura then two Light Brands.

Harken, because stronger character development and the Brave Sword. And BTW, I imagine the guy who gives you the Silence Staff to be Harken for no real reason.

Want the Geitz. Get stuck with the Wallace. Cuz I no like the Lyn and the Eliwood.

Mostly go to Jerme. Raven and Lucius kinda cancel each other out, so I guess the early game contributions of Dorko/Barty/Guy win out. Maybe if Canas actually counted as a magic user it could tip the scales, but whatever.

Harken > Karel.

Brave Sword > Wo Doo-Doo.

I almost always get Geitz, for the same reason everybody else does. The only thing I like Wallace for is his supports, but once I unlock them in the archive...

I generally use all of the spellcasters, but I also use two or three of the infantry fighters as well. By using two infantry fighters (usually Raven and Bartre), I can ensure that I get Kenneth's map; or by using three (usually Raven, Bartre, and Guy), I can ensure that I get Jerme's map. If it weren't for one thing, I wouldn't really care which one I got, but...

I like Harken better than Karel, and the way I play Fire Emblem, I find Harken easier to recruit on Jerme's map.

So in short, Geitz, Jerme, and Harken.

Edited by Paper Jam