Rate the Unit, Day 37: Cath

I figured it wouldn't pass.

Anyway, echoing what others said, she is pretty much useless. Can't fight at all. Comes very late regardless of what chapter you recruit her. +5% just because she is able to steal and open doors and chests. No redeeming features at all.

5%.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cath, that thief chick who like...thieves stuff. (no idea about her story)

Pros:

Thief utility.

Cons:

She sucks.

Recruitment is lolwtf.

Bad bases.

Bad level.

Shes pretty horrible. In fact, kinda pointless to get because you already have two thieves on your team. For a class that cant promote, there sure are a lot of them in this game. Since Cath is usually not stupid enough to attack when she appears, she makes for good lockpick farming. Yoinking her lockpicks is kinda cool when yours get low. (theres a lot of chests in this game waiting to be pillaged.) But really, Cath is bad. Shes underleveled when she does FINALLY join your team and is gonna be kicking it on the bench because why. Getting her to join is fucking stupid anyway.

1/10.

Nothing to debate for someone who comes too late and underleveled. Kill her. She's not worth the effort to use when Chad and Asthol are alot better and making ur future chapters harder if she's still breathing.

0/10

Edited by リンダ

Cost turns to recruit and barely better than Chad? Oh come on...

...Uh well her durability is damn near trash and obviously has no offense whatsoever. Her thief utility is like the only thing that saves her from the shit box, amd even that isn't very good.

I'll give her a 1/10. Included in the score is a 0.5 bias for being a psychofuck like I am.

Well, she's a free thief whenever you recruit her... but she's also responsible for "providing" you with "free" Lockpicks. Or you could just kill her and get some EXP. I personally choose the latter, since she is a pain to recruit, but she's still a thief, so...

2/10

Chad's dirty secret is that he's completely worthless after the early game, thanks to being outclassed (Ashtol, chest keys) and the advent of ranged magic.

Cath's dirty secret is that she shows up after Chad is completely worthless without being much less of a liability. Part of me remembers Reikken's insistence that we should rate Cath's performance in a vacuum, but even there she's Bolting-ed to death and not particularly worthwhile. That there are so many better ways to get treasure besides Cath only makes things worse for her.

I'm really surprised that my score seems to overly generous next to everyone else's. I just can't rate a thief lower than people like Lilina and Barth, who have absolutely nothing to offer.

I might be taking her recruitment cost a little too seriously (and slightly disregarding her utility in a vacuum). I guess I could see, if we count recruitment cost against her, how she could be ranked higher than Lilina and Barth.

I didn't count her recruitment cost against her, but I mentioned that it was a dick anyway.

I guess my rating is a little dickish, but I'm not sure how to rate Cath against... Lilina for example.

A trained Lilina has more value, to an extent, than possibly Cath. But that of course requires effort placed into her...

...It's weird I guess.

I just thought that Cath, while shitty, should at least be better than Wendy and Sophia since she can do /something/ without getting into battle. So I gave her a 2.

My thoughts exactly on the 1.5 she earned from me.

Maybe I'm rating her recruitment really harshly too, but she probably (definitely? maybe she doesn't if you recruit her later on but then she's kind of even worse?) costs turns to recruit and honestly offers slim to nothing. There's so many opportunities to juts buy chest keys and replace her and anyone can get shit in the desert, and her combat sucks forever. In all fairness I could probably give her a 1 or so but I don't care much for her at all, sooo

Edited by ♈Aradia Megido

Well, Cath is getting a handful of 1s, 2s, and maybe a few higher scores ... whereas Wendy's highest score was a 2. She got mostly 0s, or half a points, so I'd say people are rating Cath better than Wendy.

I think some people are even rating her lower than Wendy, in which case you are all idiots for doing so.

Wendy doesn't require extra turns to recruit :/

2/10

Cath, WHY YOU SO ANNOYING TO RECRUIT -_-! She at least has some utility usage. However, I prefer Chad and Astol to do the stealing job since they come in earlier and don't troll you.

>get her on (potentially) last chapter of the game

>stats were underwhelming for the second quarter

>YOU EXPECT ME TO USE THIS SHIT

now granted you don't have to wait that long but it's still silly

1/10