HG/SS Ingame Tier List

Don Draper

Uh i'm a bit late to the topic, but I have a question. Why is exeggcute in mid?

I'm training one right now and he is a little disapointing. His offence sucks untill he reaches level 27. Barrage and bullet seed are unreliable and outrage makes him uncontrollable, has low power and wakes people up.

To me it looks like he's outclassed supportwise by hoothoot/noctowl. Both of them have hypnosis and reflect, but sleep isn't very good when you need to turn to outrage for reliable offence. Exeggcute does get a few cool things like leech seed and the powder moves, but aren't there better users then him?

Not only that, but grass faces a type disadvantage in a lot of gyms and the fighting gym is probably already over when Exeggcute learns confusion.

So why is exeggcute higher then Noctowl? Do you guys use the leaf stone right away on him or is there something i'm missing about exeggcute?

Exeggutor has far better offensive stats, and you probably should evolve your freshly caught Exeggcute right away to make use of them. Barrage and Bullet Seed are definitely poor moves to be using. It learns Wood Hammer well before the E4, and can be taught Seed Bomb a little earlier with a Heart Scale.

Not getting Psychic or Giga Drain until postgame is pretty bad, but you can always teach it Solarbeam or Hyper Beam (the former is perfect for facing Poliwrath), both purchasable in Goldenrod.

I'd say it's good in Mid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this hasn't been discussed in a while:

- We should probably just assume trades for the sake of consistency nowadays. WiFi kind of grants the access.

- I'm still cool with PokeWalker out (though maybe we could make something like the RD Tier List that includes them?)

We should probably consider tiering all of these guys in the order of their actual use in general. I think the tiers look okay thus far and, assuming we don't fudge around too much with Pokewalker, tier placements as far as tier jumps shouldn't change much.

Two things I wanna bring up myself. Namely...

-What is Sudowoodo doing below Sandslash and Rattata? Coming in with Low Kick and STAB Rock Throw is not bad, especially considering soon you got Bryce's gym and Jasmine's.

-What do we consider about the Whirl Island mons considering we can totally go to Mahogony before Olivine? I mean, most of us are gonna get the Red Gyarados anyways, right? Might as well get it early and take care of Mahogony while we're there. With that in mind, you get Whirpool basically before Jasmine AND Chuck, so the Whirl Island mons are more open during the midgame rather than right before Claire.

Whoops, my bad.

...though seriously, at least Sandshrew has to drop. I mean...What does he do?

Also still, any thoughts on Mahogany first and thus being able to get Whirl Island mons earlier?

Edited by grandjackal