Fire Emblem: The Lord of Hatred

Xiltas Crysten

As the description says, this is my main patch on which I've spent most of my days the last year (writing the story during school - nearly done with Kevin's route -; spriting at home; looking for someone skillfull in hacking...all the time <.<). This hack features a completely self-made story, self-made characters and all the effort I could spend. (At first, I wanted this patch to be a FE7-hack, but I switched to FE8 pretty early.)

story:

It is the year 1203 of the Gainaian calendar.The whole continent of Gaina is in a turmoil: Malur attacked it's litte neighbor Thèalen and subjugated it. Ignoring this horrible fact, the other countries Rahzion, Mymîr and Forllorin (this country isolated itself from the outside world a few centuries ago) didn't take up any actions. Only the prince of Malur itself, Siegfried, dares to confront his father, and so he flees from his homeland together with his loyal knight Aaron to ask the other countries for help against his father. Soon after he starts his journey, he encounters the small mercenary group "Kevin's mercenaries", with whom he forms the beginning of his rebellion army. Clearing his path through enemy territory and finding more and more allies, he keeps heading forward to Rahzion so he could save Théalen and stop his father in his madness.

But as he advances on his path, Siegfried realizes that the roots of this conflict reach into the depths of nearly forgotten history, and a desaster unfolds, greater than anything before...

geographical information: (not final version of the continent)

gaina-umrisse0ayb.png

Malur: The biggest country of Gaina, also with the greatest military power. It is ruled by King Rohan, and his son Prince Siegfried is trying his best to stop his father madness.

Rahzion: Next in size to Malur, Rahzion is much more of a scientific country. The mages of this kingdom are counted to the best of the continent. King Raphael is currently ruling this country, and his daughter Princess Ariana is said to be at least as wise as her father.

Théalen: Théalen is the youngest country of the continent (just 67 years old), and also the smallest one. Bearer of the crown at the moment is King Michael who has inherited the throne not too long ago and is also a good friend of Siegfried.

Mymîr: Most of the area of this country is claimed by its mountains, and it is famous for its Wyvern Riders. The king of this land is Tracohnis, and his most famous knight is Sir Nigel who, even though he just bears the title of a wyvern rider, is said to be able to keep up with the best fighters of the other countries.

Forllorin: Even though this country isolated itself from the continent hundreds of years ago and has no connection to any of its "neighbors", it is still part of the continent concerning geographic. Nothing is known about this island, neither its form of politic, nor if there is a ruler of it at all.

Main Characters:

Siegfried:

siegfried-alternativbmps.png

Prince of Malur and founder of the Théalen-liberation-army. He has a kind heart and a strong sense of justice, which is the main reason for standing up against his own father.

class: Lord

Aaron:

aaron-remaked276ia.png

Royal knight of Malur, and also a good and loyal friend of Siegfried. He shares a deep friendship with Sir Laurence, who is said to be the greatest knight of Malur, and is a necessary companion of Siegfried on his journey. He was the one who convinced Siegfried to follow his heart and save Théalen.

class: Swordmaster

Kevin:

kevin_remake2.3r7dk.png

Commander of the théalenian newby mercenary group "Kevin's mercenaries", which he created together with his two friends Alex and Jennifer, after their hometown Azmodia was destroyed by Malur. He is very friendly, and despiting his youth, very intelligent. He is a big help for Siegfried and becomes one of his most-trusted friends.

class: Myrmidon

Alex:

alex39mv5.png

Vice-Commander of "Kevin's mercenaries", best friend of Kevin and big brother of Jennifer. He is a hot-tempered guy who often quarrels with Kevin (and many others), but would do anything to help his friends.

class: Axeknight

Jennifer:

jenniferk6rf.png

Little sister of Alex, and secretly in love with Kevin, whom she knows since her childhood. She isn't much of a fighter, but she's the only one to keep up with her brother concerning argueing.

class: Troubadour

Ariana:

ariana2r6qk.png

Princess of Rahzion, and Siegfried's chosen one. She bears great magical skills, but doesn't really want to use them.

class: Sage

Michael:

michaelk6k8.png

The king of Théalen, and one of Siegfried's best friends. His whereabouts are unknown since Malur took over the capital, yet he is thinking of a way to liberate his country all the time.

class: General

Nigel:

nigel1.1q6i8.png

A decorated wyvern rider of Mymîr, who possesses great combat skills. He is the right hand of King Tracohnis, and follows his king's orders absolutely.

class: Wyvern Rider

Raphael:

raphael_indiziertqu0a.png

The king of Rahzion, and Ariana's father. Even though he provides an army for Siegfried, he doesn't seem to full trust him.

class: --

Rohan:

rohanbu0i.png

Ruler of Malur, and Siegfried's father. Since the beginning of his reign, he was a kind king, and the sudden change of his politics cannot be explained anyhow... Though it seems to have something to do with the appearance of Lord Arkanya.

class: King

Arkanya:

akeyda16gs.png

This man appeared first one and a half years ago, and rose in status during his work for Rohan really quickly. Nothing is really known about his past, and nobody can tell his true intentions.

class: Sage

Laurence:

laurence1.12u2q.png

Greatest knight of Malur, fully-trusted by King Rohan and best friend of Sir Aaron. He has a strong sense of pride, and his sword-skills are unmatched. He and Aaron were the youngest knights in the history of Malur.

class: Swordmaster

Current progress:

Story: Chapter 21 of 21

Kevin's route: finished

Siegfried's route: -

Supports: -

Sprites: Most sprites finished, just some minor (or mayor) changes left.

Chapters in german: 21 of 21 (now up to Siegfried's route^^)

Chapters in english: 3 (Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2)

Own maps: none so far

Patch-Version: 0.0

I know I already asked this in my thread "Strategist's patch", but I would totally need somebody with hacking skills to help me (not giving advices in doing so but doing it instead of me, my pc refuses to do properly ROM-hacking <.<).

I hope that someone is willing to help me, because I really put all the effort I have in this work, and I'd like to share my patch with others.

Edited by Xiltas

....Ok let's try that again...

Looks pretty solid! Nice characters, good sprites, Good balanced characters with plenty of background and what not. Keep it up!

( I might be able to help with the hack, at the very least i could help put some sprites in for you...but i really hate hacking so don't expect it to happen over night...)

Edited by sasuun

Looks good so far, I'd play it but something irking me: some of your mugs are, not the greatest. If you are fine with them, then ignore me. If you want some revisions or extra/new mugs, I'll help you out.

Are you making any new classes or just using the ones in FE8?

Also, do you plan on inserting the map into FE8? I mean when you color it.

And I am preaty good hacker so I can help you with the patching process.

I think this is something that will make you happy to hear it:

I've talked to Uphir, and for now I will only make an english patch^^ I translated only the prologue so far, but I will translate the other chapters too, asap^^

That means, you will get to play it sooner than thought^^ (and because of Uphir I finally don't lack a hacker anymore^^" thanks again, Uphir.)

Edited by Xiltas