Small thing about English version you're happiest about?

Kaze

So with Polygon and GameXplain both getting review copies of Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition and them both streaming the games (Polygon used up the entire allotted 2 1/2 hours to stream up to the decision and a little of Birthright while GameXplain is splitting it up in half), there's one small minor dumb thing that I was excited to see confirmed for this game. XD

The ability to use accented letters. This is something that's dumb to be excited about, but I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't be able to use Élodie with the proper accented E for my female Corrin.

Edited by KazeNinja17

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how you can start a new game -at the split- rather than always having to start from Prologue

Feels more like Ch1-5 are a mock Lyn mode, and the split signifies a more defined Eliwood mode of Hectoe mode.

I'm happiest about face-rubbing getting the boot, of course. Good riddance!

Yeah. I'm good with the face-rubbing being removed, but the important aspects of that feature still remaining in tact.

Definitely happiest about how same-sex S ranking is still intact.

I knew that it was still going to be there, but I still had by doubts and worries.

Edited by Azz

Same here. The feature never sat well with me and I think the compromise is one everyone can live with.

On a less controversial note, I'm very glad Pit's voice actor is voicing Silas. Its good to see more of him.

Is it confirmed that it's Anthony Del Rio as Silas?

Hmm... the change from whathever the dimension of My Castle was named to ASTRAL PLANE. Will children be astral then? Lol.

Spooky ghost kids confirmed.

But really, As I've already played the JP versions, I like the no-face rubbing while keeping the models + dialogue. I also enjoy some of the voice work...then again...we've got troubL...

I'm still worried about the kids and the non-retainer character. I'm hoping Nohr story is tweaked a little.

Face touching out. It was weird, and with the current version they have in the localized version I personally think its a great thing to build off of. Has a lot of potential to be something really unique and cool if they only take this version and do more with it.

Yeah, this. But if it's true, does that mean Dark Pit's VA is voicing him? I mean, assuming that the same guy voices both Pits... It would make sense to me. I'm asking because I love Dark Pit. :P Pittoooo <3

Edited by Anacybele

Both Pits are voiced by Antony Del Rio.

That's what I figured. I'd be happy to see him voice Silas. ^^ Silas is currently my marriage choice for Corrin too, so it'd be kinda like I'm marrying her to Dark Pit lol.

Same here. The feature never sat well with me and I think the compromise is one everyone can live with.

On a less controversial note, I'm very glad Pit's voice actor is voicing Silas. Its good to see more of him.

Actually I believe Silas's voice actor is Michael Johnston.

Other than one line, Silas doesn't actually sound like Anthony Del Rio.

Actually I believe Silas's voice actor is Michael Johnston.

Other than one line, Silas doesn't actually sound like Anthony Del Rio.

I wasn't sure since a lot of the voices are harder to place this time around. Plus, we don't know when the voice actors are allowed to confirm who they're voicing.

I wish I could've tried for the Special Edition, but I didn't want Conquest. Imo, there's no point in getting a route that you're not going to bother with.

Refusing to play a fire emblem game directly tied to another is mind boggling to me.

I like the change to Astral Plane and overall lots of the my castle stuff.

Refusing to play a fire emblem game directly tied to another is mind boggling to me.

Because the games are entirely stand alone and some people might not want to play that version?