(Pokémon) A New Black/White Draft

Kon

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using Oshawott as well. The team I have planned already has a Grass type and I want to see how well I'll cope without a Fire type. Well, that and I've not battled Cilan yet.

Audino! Yes, I am insane, but I think we knew that already.

You're doing that again? I remember you doing something like this in the draftlocke we had a while ago... Oh wait, you did (You just didn't have Sawk, but I did.).

Also there's no need for earlygame pokemon. Just solo with starter for a bit.

While that is true, the value of experience diminishes over time the less Pokemon you have (as average party level goes higher). Having two Pokemon (starter and a drafted) can be done without severely damaging your leveling rate (for example, in my case, I can probably have Servine/Pignite/Dewott (whichever I pick) and Herdier by Lenora. And that's more than ample to deal with her.) Three in earlygame may be spreading it a bit thin, but the value of exp increases as your average party level is lower. I imagine that three is possible, but not ideal.

Either way, starter solo is fine, but taking something else earlygame may be an option. (Besides, you get more type coverage.)

Frankly speaking, none of the earlygame pokemon are good or worthwhile for long term usage, and type coverage is out of the question. You're stuck with Normal or Dark attacks.

The pokemon after gym 1 are worth thinking about though( except Pidove, xD)

Frankly speaking, none of the earlygame pokemon are good or worthwhile for long term usage, and type coverage is out of the question. You're stuck with Normal or Dark attacks.

The pokemon after gym 1 are worth thinking about though( except Pidove, xD)

On the second sentance, I'd replace Pidove with Woobat, personally.

Also, just a spectator who's wondering why most of the early picks are midgame Pokemon.

I'd actually say both are really bad.

Well, the only midgame pokemon I see are Yamask, Tirtouga, Sigilyph and Sandile

The rest are pokemon you either get before gym 3, or after gym 6 I think. Joltik CAN be considered midgame too.