Design My Skill Sets

So I'm nearing the end of my Male Avatar playthrough, and I'll be starting my Avatar units only playthrough next. Only thing I haven't done is decided the skill sets because of the sheer number of possibilities; I've been putting it off up till now, but I have to start plotting which skills I'm going to learn for each class and I need help because I'm totally inept at this sort of thing. I'm looking for good combinations of skills for each promoted class (including Dread Fighter and Bride); keep in mind that as Avatars they can learn ANY skill, barring gender restricted skills, so I'm open to lots of combinations. I have made my genders equal (11 males plus Chrom, 12 Females). List as many or as little as you feel like, if you can. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Here are my Avatar unit genders (so you know what gender related skills they can learn):

Edit: These now include my preliminary skill sets. I spaced them out for easy viewing.

Sage: Female - Ignis, Tomefaire, Galeforce, Renewal, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Bow Knight: Female - Lance Breaker, Galeforce, Sol, Luna, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Valkyrie: Female - Galeforce, Tomefaire, Astra, Renewal, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Paladin: Male - Aegis, Sol, Luna, Agressor, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Sorcerer: Female - Tomefaire, Vengeance, Galeforce, Tomebreaker, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Hero: Female - Sol, Galeforce, Astra, Axebreaker, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Warrior: Male - Sol, Agressor, Counter, Miracle, Armsthrift/Limit Break (because SOMEONE has to be the Counter/Miracle troll)

Bride: Female - Lancefaire, Galeforce, Sol, Ignis/Rally Spectrum, Limit Break/Rally Heart (The rallys are there if I need a rally bot for a battle)

Dark Knight: Male - Life taker, Ignis, Agressor, Lethality, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Swordmaster: Female - Swordfaire, Astra, Sol, Galeforce, Armsthrift/ Limit Break

Sniper: Male - Bowfaire, Renewal, Astra, Pass, Armsthrift/ Limit Break

War Cleric: Female - Renewal, Galeforce, Ignis, Miracle, Bonds/Limit Break

Falcon Knight: Female - Lancefaire, Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Sol, Armsthrift/ Limit Break

Griffon Rider: Male - Rightful King, Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Sol, Axefaire/Limit Break (This unit will be Chrom!Morgan, which is why he has Rightful King and will inherit Galeforce from Sage Main Avatar)

General: Male - Pavise, Aegis, Luna, Sol, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Wyvern Lord: Male - Iote's Shield, Swordbreaker, Sol, Agressor, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Dark Flier: Female - Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Ignis/Limit Break (This unit will be Avatar!Lucina, which is why she has Aether and Rightful King.)

Assassin: Male - Lethality, Lifetaker, Agressor, Astra, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Grandmaster: Female - Ignis, Galeforce, Sol, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Dread Fighter: Male - Ignis, Agressor, Sol, Swordfaire, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Great Knight: Male - Luna, Sol, Pavise, Aegis, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Berserker: Male - Axefaire, Astra, Swordbreaker, Sol, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Trickster: Female - Acrobat, Galeforce, Renewal, Ignis, Armsthrift/Limit Break

Edited by Silver Lightning

I might actually use one of the sets for one of MU's children, heh.

Assassin MU

Weapons: Brave Sword, and Brave Bow. (Both forged)

Skills: Astra, Ignis/Luna, Counter, Quick Strike, and Pass.

Note: Replace Pass with Limit Break once Ike's DLC it out and you get the scroll.

Berserker male armsthrift despoil pavise sol aegis

this is a build i used he was a great tank on hard and dealt good damage becuase bezerker strenth

Edited by Ignis Draco

Whew, finally done with midterms so I can go back now to planning my avatars. Thanks for the suggestions so far; I'm still looking for more! Question though: Why is Pavise and Aegis deemed useless? Perhaps they are not as useful as other skills, but they have saved my butt plenty of times. I'm curious...

And on a sidenote, I asked this on the question thread a while ago but no one answered it for me there, so I felt it somewhat appropriate to ask it here: Can anyone give me a good skillset for FemaleAvatar!Lucina? In my main file she will end as a Great Lord and in my avatar army file she will stand in as the Dark Flier for the army. If anyone can give my skillsets for both Lucinas as well as my custom avatars I will greatly appreciate it!

Sage cause I know I go one for that

Tomefaire Galeforce Astra Luna Rally Spectrum I know this is not the best skill set but this is what works for me and what I like

Edited by Chrom's Archie

for F MU galeforce, luna,astra,aegis and pasive

M MU luna,counter(if you dont have fear of getting hit with massive dmg then dont use it) sol,any Breaker

Another M MU set Luna,igns,aegis and pasive, sol

there are both offensive and defencive stratagy i use which alows you to counter the enamy depending on how you do things

But in my opinion is what your heart set to do not just opinion here go reaserch skill a bit or look at them and decide on what youll choose.

P.S Bryan try fight a insane state team with out aegis and pasive you might get killed easy.

Dark Knight Avatar - Lifetaker, Aggressor, Pavise, Aegis, Counter

Dread Fighter Avatar - Swordfaire, Axefaire, Tomefaire, Aggressor, Counter

Swordmaster Avatar - Astra, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Lancebreaker, Armsthrift

General Avatar - Counter, Vengeance, Pavise, Aegis, Aggressor

That's what I would do. Not sure how well these would work for you, but give 'em a shot, see what happens.

If male then...

-Resistence+10

-Rightful King/Armsthrift

-Sol

-Aegis/Pavise

-Limitbreaker

Aegis first...

Aegis>>Pavise

It breaks Vengence along with Res+10 to lessen the damage even further. Sol is needed for the enemy phase.

If female then...

-Galeforce

-Sol

-Aegis

-Pavise/Armsthrift

-Limitbreaker

The reason that Aegis should stay, so that it can defend against Vengence.

Edited by Lady Feena

P.S Bryan try fight a insane state team with out aegis and pasive you might get killed easy.

But nothing right now warrants it. If I was on Lunatic+, then they might be more useful. I'd rather kill everything I can on the player phase than on the enemy phase.

OP didn't mention anything about streetpass skillsets, which would change my post. For ingame, pavise+ageis isn't that great. There are a lot of better skills to put on instead.

Lots of good suggestions so far, keep it coming! I've already started formulating my skillsets and I'll be putting them up on the original post soon so you can rate them. And just to make it known, I do plan to make a streetpass team with about six of these avatars; 4 of the 10 spots are already reserved for Main Avatar (Sage), Chrom (Great Lord), Lucina (Dark Flier), and Morgan (Griffon Rider), with six spots open, so after I decide skillsets I'll choose who gets those spots. Otherwise, everyone else I plan to use in game.

If you have a skillset (like Aegis/Pavise sets) that would work better in Streetpass vs in game, or vice versa, feel free to point it out. Thanks again everyone!

Also, anyone have an answer to my Lucina conundrum?

what about streetpass teams cool.gif

gotta have lethality, counter, and miracle (the three troll skills), limit break (eventually), and what else would you guys have

Sol or Renewal for recovery purpose.

Lucina:

Rightful King

Aether (lethal for streetpass imo)

Sol

Pavis

Aigis

Tank ability + health regen with Sol and Aether

King boosts all other skills

Edited by Mister Cold

Sol or Renewal for recovery purpose.

Lucina:

Rightful King

Aether (lethal for streetpass imo)

Sol

Pavis

Aigis

Tank ability + health regen with Sol and Aether

King boosts all other skills

I made my Olivia!Lucina a Bow Knight and gave her Astra, Aether, Rightful King, Pass, and Luna. (Replace Luna with Limit Break when it comes out.)

Edited by Quick

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I finally finished the slog of work I had for school and I just happened to finish my Male Avatar playthrough, so I'm on the cusp of starting my Avatar Army. I looked over the lot of suggestions and made my skillsets with what I thought would work in the long run. They are now listed in the original post for you to see and I encourage you to critique them. I understand that there can be no perfect skillset for both ingame and streetpass, but these were primarily chosen with in-game in mind; I will eventually choose which ones I will use for streetpass, but until then if you would let me know your thoughts on how I did, I would most appreciate it!

On a quick note, the skills that are connected to Limit Break are the ones I intend to use for most of the game until I get Limit Beak (which judging by how hard the first two Rogues and Redeemers are, its gonna be a LOOONG time before I'm strong enough for it.) :P