Rate the Unit, Day 27: Ewan

Ewan. Oh god. I don't know what IS was thinking with this dude. He literally breaks the game as soon as you recruit him.

He ORKO's all of the enemies on his starting map, and his stat gains are each over 500%, not that it matters as he's capped every stat at 30 anyways.

However, I don't like using him because the LTC people fap over him all the time.

0/10.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why not, hse so amaze

ok fine

I actually hate Ewan as a character, and he's utterly useless so

0/10 -1 for bias so -1/10

My, somebody's feeling cheeky today.

I'll round that to a 0 then.

Edited by Integrity

:Ewan: . Absolute terrible crap, don't get me wrong, but he's still not as bad as Amelia. At least he recruits himself on Eirika route (Ross you have to spend time trying to save, and :Amelia: just tries to kill you), hits resistance (and with something resembling accuracy to boot), and can eventually promote into a user of Dark Magic if you want him to be completely useless. He's brutally outclassed, but he's still much better than Amelia.

3/10, 1 point for the reliable chip, 1 for self-recruit, and 1 for not being beyond useless like :Amelia: .

WHY are 0s allowed?! a;jalkj;ewlwedvdmew;lm

Ewan is only bad because he's -10 levels below a regular tier 1 unit and we are surprised as to WHY he doesn't obliterate everything. Stop being that person everyone but me. >:3

1/10

why are 9 out of 10 people not giving any explanation at all for their 0/10 scores?

(most 2/10 votes make a solid case. I just find it unfair that "0/10 just because" counts and my Lute 9/10 with a lot of reasons got taken down.)

Frankly, your 7.5/10 (which, bar the post under yours, is way outside regs) isn't particularly well-explained either. The only arguably good point you choose to list is that Ewan can promote to a number of classes (which I think using as a justification is frankly horsecock but whatever).

EDIT: The Lute vote was also a product of I used to think that people would actually provide reasons for their shit. Now, if I threw out every vote that didn't mean my specs, the spreadsheets would have three entries per unit and this would just die, so I had to relax my standards.

Edited by Integrity

Ewan's bases are 15 HP/3 mag/2 skl/5 spd/5 luck/0 def/3 res/4 mov/5 con joining in Chapter 12 of either route. Meanwhile, joining earlier in that chapter on Eirika route (and best route is assumed) is Saleh, who wins in every single stat, and he as A anima/ C staves/ B light. 9 chapters earlier is Lute, who also wins every single stat except con, and she also has C anima compared to Ewan's E. Marisa beats or ties Ewan in every stat (she ties Res and Con) and she's bad too.

There are approximately zero situations where Ewan is of any use throughout the game without taking an obscene amount of time to train him up from the very bottom.

That's why I'm giving Ewan a 0 out of 10. I would assume everyone else giving him the same rating has similar reasons.

Edited by Dirk Strider

There are approximately zero situations where Ewan is of any use throughout the game without taking an obscene amount of time to train him up from the very bottom.

But what if someone is just playing for funsies.

I mean. I baby a bunch of units in Valni and junk so I can kick ass and take names because turn counts mean nothing to me like Wesker's view of lowly humans which to him ARE NOTHING TO HIM!

But I digress. We just want all our units to require no effort to kill stuff which is why we like our SF Gods. ;3

With towering I can solo the game with anyone I please. Does that mean I give everyone 10/10? No.

I've tried to use Ewan for fun and I didn't have very much fun.

Edited by Dirk Strider

He's not better enough even with towering to make me want to consider it.

I've tried to use Ewan for fun and I didn't have very much fun.

There's always our SF gods to fall back on so there's that. ;3

Actually I would give everyone I use a 10/10 because I like them and I can. ;3

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

Actually I would give everyone I use a 10/10 because I like them and I can. ;3

And I would imagine your votes would be discarded for being a truculent jackass. If these ratings topic were based off the fact we can tower anyone, we'd be debating class caps, not how useful and individual unit is.

Regardless, my vote stays.

Edited by Dirk Strider

And I would imagine your votes would be discarded for being a truculent jackass. If these ratings topic were based off the fact we can tower anyone, we'd be debating class caps, not how useful and individual unit is.

Regardless, my vote stays.

Yeah yeah I know. That's why I've been giving an actual rating based on what I've accrued over my 8/9 years of my FE game playing whenever I've rated a unit. I'm not that stupid. Just kind of.

But what if someone is just playing for funsies.

I mean. I baby a bunch of units in Valni and junk so I can kick ass and take names because turn counts mean nothing to me like Wesker's view of lowly humans which to him ARE NOTHING TO HIM!

But I digress. We just want all our units to require no effort to kill stuff which is why we like our SF Gods. ;3

Technically he'd still be one of the worst units because his defense and HP are low enough that he's one of the most likely to die even after Valni babying.

Edited by arvilino

Ewan. That little bugger who follows Saleh around.

Pros:

Potential is all over the place.

Can even get a horsie if one so chooses!

Comes with that nifty Dracoshield. (i like free stuff!)

Is pretty decent in Creature Campaign.

Cons:

Oh so many...

Bases are ass even for a trainee.

Comes far too late for someone of his class.

As durable as a wet tissue.

Requires a metric fuckton of Tower/Ruins grinding.

Guilding Ring is better spent elsewhere.

Srsly, i think hes pretty bad. Ive had my Ewans get srsly speed screwed too. In Creature Campaign. Yeah. D: Hes a fun unit to fuck around with because of all the junk he can be. He has the most possible promotion branches and that is kinda nifty but really...ehh. He makes a decent Mage Knight or Sage but whats the point? You already have an established team of badasses by this time anyway. Ehh i just...yeah i dont like him. 2/10. Hes probably a 5/10 for post game shenanigans though.

I wouldn't know about Ephraim's route yet and Hard mode is prolly another story, but really fellas?

I played two skirmish fights to get him to Lv10, which takes no time at all because chipping stuff gets him EXP by the bucketload. Promoted to Shaman, and not only was that (mostly) enough for him to pull his weight in Ch. 13, within a couple more levels he was doubling almost everything with decent avoid. My jaw dropped when I discovered this little tier 1 shrub had stats good enough, by himself, to do well against frickin' Carlyle without a chance of being criticaled. When Knoll joined and he was barely half as good as Ewan to that point, I laughed.

I'm on Ch. 16, he's Lv9, two points from capping Magic and otherwise on par with a bunch of people at Lv18ish i'm about to promote. Now, on hard and efficient play I expect he's prolly dead weight, and it's a waste not making him a Shaman, but c'mon, he's not that tough to train. If he doesn't get walloped by the RNG, the kid is Ross with magic.

(Amelia has no excuse though. I prefer that my units chewing through Javelins aren't scrawny as hell.)

Edited by Rambo M

He's mildly amusing, but what a pain in the rear to train. At least Amelia can take a hit every now and then. Since his durability's a joke, it's like training an archer that hits RES, and that's what's giving him any points whatsoever.

1/10

0/10. Actually marginally better than Amelia, but I like her and hate him. Apart from that, has much the same problem; Ross was a bad, if trainable unit when we got him in Chapter Two. Ewan and Amelia come much later and slightly worse. (Helps that I like Ross.)

Fuck Ewan. Seriously.

I wouldn't know about Ephraim's route yet and Hard mode is prolly another story, but really fellas?

I played two skirmish fights to get him to Lv10, which takes no time at all because chipping stuff gets him EXP by the bucketload. Promoted to Shaman, and not only was that (mostly) enough for him to pull his weight in Ch. 13, within a couple more levels he was doubling almost everything with decent avoid. My jaw dropped when I discovered this little tier 1 shrub had stats good enough, by himself, to do well against frickin' Carlyle without a chance of being criticaled. When Knoll joined and he was barely half as good as Ewan to that point, I laughed.

I'm on Ch. 16, he's Lv9, two points from capping Magic and otherwise on par with a bunch of people at Lv18ish i'm about to promote. Now, on hard and efficient play I expect he's prolly dead weight, and it's a waste not making him a Shaman, but c'mon, he's not that tough to train. If he doesn't get walloped by the RNG, the kid is Ross with magic.

(Amelia has no excuse though. I prefer that my units chewing through Javelins aren't scrawny as hell.)

He'll rarely reliably reach 18 magic at level 9 as a Shaman though. That would require 13 points of magic over 17 levels and his growth is only 0.45, he'd be gaining almost twice as much magic as he should on average.