Gods of Atonement Sign ups

Psych

Long ago, there was a great kingdom. Known across the land for it's large accomplishments in magic and the arts, this kingdom had long been in control of much of the land. This kingdom's several temples also held many priests and worshipers of the gods. These priests would pray, hoping to bless the lands with good fortune.

Now, present day has seen many changes since this great kingdom. The start of what is known as the New Age was marked when a great flood destroyed much of the habitable land, even separating much of the old regions from the main land. As well, major weather changes occurred, leading to many large, hot deserts, and cold, icy mountains. Very few forests and swamps are left, but those that are, are quiet large.

Since then, the old temples and gods have been forgotten, and many have sunk below the swirling sands and falling snows as well. And lately, many demons and troubles have befallen the new world. Civilians and priests alike have prayed, looking to the scripture for gods of old who had saved them before in times of trouble, but nothing has helped.

However, one girl, an orphaned trainee-archaeologist has found an old relic, and hoping to set out on a journey across the world to find the ancient kingdom, she has searched for the different god's homes, knowing that they must be in challenging locations, she needs friends to be able to help her.

Yes, this is an RP. Don't worry, stupidness is cut down. It doesn't have stats, since this RP is actually giered more towards cooperation and problem solving. Battles will not be the main focus, but yes, occasionally there will be some. All you need for sign ups is this:

Name:

Appearence:

Element: Fire, Ice, Water, Wind, Thunder, Earth, Light, Dark, Nature

Class:

Background:

My character by the way:

Name: Sara

Appearence:spritee.png

Element: Ice

Class: Dancer

Background: Orphaned, Sara travelled the lands, searching for a purpose and her hopes of finding a great archaeological find. One day, she ended up in the alleys of Icathia, the capital of Viole. A few men attacked her, but a masked man saved her. Having saved her life, she had to thank him, but she ran after him, only to see him get on a boat and leave. She went back to the market place, and bought a strange relic from an old crow, but it seemed to have some connection to the mythical world. She made up her mind, and boarded a boat headed for who knows where, determined to find him, the meaning of the relic, and the lost world.

Edited by Psych

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~Countries~

rpmap.png

Lyria: (Purple)

Mainly a desert region, most people live on the coast, making a living either by fishing or farming the little arable land left. A few very small oasis settlements can be found further inland, but recently, Nomadic tribes had been hunting unsuspecting travelers in the areas.

Denton: (Orange)

The last remaining monarchy, lead by Queen Liza. Having no sons, her eldest daughter is set to marry next spring. Many who live here are merchants, artists, or farmers. The largest country and army, this country is neutral, mainly solving other's problems.

Viole: (Green)

The 4th largest country, this country is home to large swamps coving most of the lands. The southern part of the peninsula however, is largely inhabited by scholars and the large magic school, with many learning of the world's mysteries.

Ruuton: (Red)

Home to many tropical forests, the tropical nation is much like Lyria, home to fishers and pirates who patrol the island. Many animals are also found only here, such as rare Tuca-Tuca birds, and Giant Elekta Crabs. Many Sea Wyverns can also be found on the cliffs of the beaches.

Buroron: (Cyan)

Home to one of the few large forests, most towns are found on the tree tops, built specially with wooden houses and rope bridges. Large groups of wild pegasi roam free here, but the deep Monster Lake found in the center is said to be home to vicious Eel and Shark like monsters. Many people here are lumberjacks and wood cutters.

Genta: (Yellow)

A northern nation recently established in the last 60 years, it broke off of Denton after believing that the long line of matriarchs did not put enough weight in the male gender. All women are forbidden to walk this country unaccompanied without a man, and are also unable to own property or establishments.

Shorrfan: (Gray)

Separated from the main land, this country holds much weight in the dark artes and army training. Every citizen is expected to be able to defend in the event of attack, and some main landers have heard rumors that select cults have lately been worshipping demons.

Porlanor: (Pink)

The tall mountainous region to the north, Porlanor is home to many wyverns and bandits. Those who do live here in peace, typically live at the lower altitudes, minding their own business. Recently, a lone bandit has risen, and taken over leading a large army of brutes and cutthroats.

Edited by Psych

>_>

It works. Maps don't have to be super detailed. Besides, we're making up the world in the thing sort of. >_> :awesome:

In this, Earth = Dirt, Rocks, Sand

Nature = Plants, Animals

Edited by Psych

Well you can at least tell me what I can change and things like that.

Elements correspond to which spirit has the strongest hold over them. Realistically, they currently mean nothing, but as the spirits are awoken, minor changes will happen, such as you feeling more energized, or other things.

Abstract Art?.......

I'm sorry to say, but I don't see this RP working out, I mean, your infamy in the RP boards exceed even mine :/ And you've probably lost half the RP'ers around here in LoAF via your plots in that RP, and comparing your RP'ing style with SQ Style.... the two simply just don't mix. Since I've got my own RP I need to work on, I'm not able to join either. Good luck though, I guess.

Well you can at least tell me what I can change and things like that.

Start by not trying to run your own RP yet, especially not when there's already so much competition from other RPs being run by people who are more experienced and (no offense, but it's true) held in higher regards within the community.

So are you saying people can't join more than one at the same time?

People can, but people generally won't unless there's something which appeals to them. I haven't actually got any signups for my RP (Hopefully since I haven't asked for them yet, and not because people are uninterested) but I'd like to think that there's some element which will get people to join. Whether it be something like dissatisfaction with LoAF, or even to simply see if I make a better admin then Snowy, who I've been flaming for the past few months. Or something more decent like the setting appealing to them.

At the very least I made my map look a bit presentable, and while graphics may be unimportant to an RP, it does give a better impression. So overall the question (asked in a prior dead RP on SF) Why should "I" (or anyone) join? Being blunt, from what I've heard your plot ideas are poorly structured, your interactions and rushed and comic oriented, and to be frank my RP world is probably more detailed and interesting then the world you've presented. It's just my opinion, but whether it be the map or nation descriptions, I think I've put more effort in then you... I'd hope so at least anyway

So are you saying people can't join more than one at the same time?

I'm saying they won't, or if they do, this one will be at the bottom of the list

I mean, look at how many sign-ups you have so far

People can, but people generally won't unless there's something which appeals to them. I haven't actually got any signups for my RP (Hopefully since I haven't asked for them yet, and not because people are uninterested) but I'd like to think that there's some element which will get people to join.

hey i said i'd join yours

Edited by CATS

hey i said i'd join yours

Nyargh >_< Pressure XD Guess I better get the last nation finished off, and hurry up on the OP before people start feeling I'm doing a "Jugdral"

@Psych

Assuming the majority of RP'er have been around in the last 3 hours, yes? As I said earlier, you've got LoAF against you, SQ not really meshing well, and the prospects for new RP'ers arriving being low. I'd think so. If not, All the negative comments thus far would probably dissuade potential joiners from signing up.

Using Jugdral as an example, when posed with a question Astelaine handled it quite well. However your reply was.... a bit lacking to say the least.