Possible Sprite Theft...?

Crimson Red

As to your problems with what Furet said, you have walked into a topic, called Blazer an idiot for not handling this a different way (which he has already explained) then pointed at Furet and said "Don't be rude. Someone do something about his behaviour," when you have been just as insulting as he was. He was just more direct (and a bit over the top) and you picked your words carefully to seem less insulting.

Adding on to this, whatever you think of this thread, Blazer's intentions of bringing a sprite thief to light was good, and even though it could've been done through PMs, Dei and Yeti got the message regardless.

Sprite thief was a dick for using other people's artwork without permission. Fuck, he didn't even give any credit. Even the people at FE7if at least gave some credit for the stuff they stole.

Lol just from looking at the first post I can tell that he's stealing. He said he made his stuff but this;

1.png

was made by some other dude. I don't remember who but I now for a fact that someone else made it. Wow... :P

I feel like it was someone who did a third tier Swordmaster, but everyone and their mother's done it. However, judging by the quality of the Karel recolor, I can assume he didn't make it himself.

I concur. It's immature and eliminates the possibility of a peaceful end. You know nothing about the guy, he may have not known it was a wrong thing to do (Some people who make art have no idea how non-artists view it, I used to believe people just plopped down some ink and made magic happen, I had to meet Yoshirider and watch him do a splicing/FC livestream just to see how hard it was) and apologized, removing the art and avoiding more problems. Yeah it was wrong to use the art, but maybe he googled "Link Fire Emblem" and found that mug, not realizing whose it was. Lots of things can happen, and when you barge in throwing asshole words around trying to look good for to your buddy buddies, you come off as an asshole and nobody appreciates it. (I'm sure you got chuckles though, do feel proud at being a complete dick.)

Well, you kinda have a point, but I remain extremely skeptical about anyone not realising that ART THEFT is CONTEMPTIBLE. Personally, I have a particular paranoia about stolen work/credit going to the wrong place, and besides that it's just utterly pathetic to even contemplate, and to think you can get away with. And if he's, like, nine, well, he'll recover and he'll damn well KNOW art theft isn't thought of well.

You wanna flame someone and be completely in the right? Hunt down that pedophile that was on here recently, I'll even join in.

I actually would've, but I think that thing went down either when I was asleep or at college, so...

I feel like it was someone who did a third tier Swordmaster, but everyone and their mother's done it. However, judging by the quality of the Karel recolor, I can assume he didn't make it himself.

Yes, but I've definitely seen that one somewhere. I think the person who made it was like, white wolf or silver wolf, or something like that.

Well, you kinda have a point, but I remain extremely skeptical about anyone not realising that ART THEFT is CONTEMPTIBLE. Personally, I have a particular paranoia about stolen work/credit going to the wrong place, and besides that it's just utterly pathetic to even contemplate, and to think you can get away with. And if he's, like, nine, well, he'll recover and he'll damn well KNOW art theft isn't thought of well.

I actually would've, but I think that thing went down either when I was asleep or at college, so...

Just curious, how would you have reacted if he'd very clearly said "I didn't make this, someone else did but I'm not sure who"? I mean, excusing the possibility of not knowing who made them, if he'd at the least said he himself did not make them, what would you think of him?

It's a lot harder if someone repoints the array for either of those. Tedious, but makes it noob proof at the least.

There are very few things you can do to prevent someone from hitting pause and ripping the animation/etc. frame by frame with VBA. Hell, you could probably do the same with FEXP if you can turn off sprite layers.

Again, tedious, but it's an almost unpreventable method.

Yup, if you're gonna put it in a game, people can extract it :/ Also, here's that "trueblade". You guys think that thing at the bottom means you DON'T need permission, or you do? I was a little puzzled by it :(

FE_Trueblade_spritesheet_by_White_wolf8.png

Edited by Jubby

Just curious, how would you have reacted if he'd very clearly said "I didn't make this, someone else did but I'm not sure who"? I mean, excusing the possibility of not knowing who made them, if he'd at the least said he himself did not make them, what would you think of him?

Wouldn't've bothered reacting at all. I can't honestly say as to how, it was after a pretty stressful day, but it certainly wouldn't have come off as malicious, particularly if it was explicit he gives credit to 'whoever made this'.

It's mostly just that the idea of actively claiming another's work as one's own sickens me.

It's mostly just that the idea of actively claiming another's work as one's own sickens me.

To be fair, with the exception of that one faked shitty image, I don't think he claimed any of it as his own. The wording didn't imply someone else made it, but he never said he did either.

feel free to quote something and prove me wrong, I only read the thread twice and didn't look at it carefully

Yup, if you're gonna put it in a game, people can extract it :/ Also, here's that "trueblade". You guys think that thing at the bottom means you DON'T need permission, or you do? I was a little puzzled by it :(

FE_Trueblade_spritesheet_by_White_wolf8.png

It's difficult to see, but there are two X's in the boxes at the bottom requiring permission and credit.

Do the two "victims" have any problems with the actions I've taken and the stated actions I said I would take? If not, then I think the issue is resolved. Thanks for all the various info, insight, etc. that everyone contributed to the matter. It made things easier on me.

To be fair, with the exception of that one faked shitty image, I don't think he claimed any of it as his own. The wording didn't imply someone else made it, but he never said he did either.

feel free to quote something and prove me wrong, I only read the thread twice and didn't look at it carefully

Not to mention the other Link pic is also an edit. Unless he magically fucked with the stat graphical bars for one single character--though, I don't think he has the capability to code something for that purpose.

Not to mention the other Link pic is also an edit. Unless he magically fucked with the stat graphical bars for one single character--though, I don't think he has the capability to code something for that purpose.

/facepalm

I actually meant that pic :X

Just to cover something in your last post though, you can't actually take legal action against someone for this stuff :P:. Even if you could there's no way some random spriter is going to waste money taking some kid to court over something they don't even profit off of themselves. He could steal your ROM hack and rename it "Jimmy's 100% Done Myself Except For The Stuff I Used Unknowingly And Forgot To Take Out Despite Several Warnings Hack" and post it on every forum, but the most that would ever come of it would be him getting banned. Don't even get me started on how you're supposed to identify the guy to actually sue him. And what if he's not even in your country? The concept is ridiculous.

Plus you'd just be telling them you own and have owned several illegal copies of the game if they decided to dig into the subject, lol.

Edited by Tangerine