Lenh's Locker

Lenh

As you can see photobucket has changed how they treat 3rd party hosting, so I'll have to change locations. If you're really curious and want to take an archaeological expedition you can dig around my photobucket account.

R.I.P. thread

-----

Collaborations

Spoiler

Dragon Trainer, with Kram / Demon Swordsman, with Ghast / Grima Mug, with Yoshi
fullmockup4_zps11acb6dc.gifvarumy6_zpsc96e9182.gifgrima_pj_zps98ae2052.png

Battlesprites

Spoiler

4L8oPZs.pngRR6bF6H.png4Z0HyU0.png7wFgqxD.png  chrom_gba_style_by_lenh-d5zudw3_zpsacfdf  scorpion_by_lenh-d6ab68g_zps9a6c6dad.png male_pegasus_by_lenh-d69d0mo_zpsdc0b3f02  lorasDraft.gifhwAVgem.png3JhqFQw.gif
finishedFutchAndBrightv2t.pngmNKIJoA.pngboat_zpsvthk0uim.png

7yT6peG.png J0dckFV.png

Mugs

Spoiler

Splices

Spoiler

roxanne_splice_sainechidnapegasuslady_zpsplice62_flat.png   dorro.pngbwah.pngWeek28-Choices_yenopf3_zps21912efe.png poorMansLevin.png s6_v2_mugonly_zps8a421ff2.png splice85_zpsd4fcf940.png splicerp_zps732430ac.png dreadful_zps4ddd954e.png imblindf_zps63ed7000.png flatsplice_zps4784550e.png splicesomethingorother_zps59a5954c.png splice82_zps3e03b72d.pngsplices76_flat_zps86446f85.png roy_needs_wings2_zps3cf29db8.pngsplicer88_zpse28e3794.png splicer90_zpsad1ade78.png  splicer92_zps100b346c.pngmiddleFlat_zps9f82c9cd.png sashav1pt1_zps389b8a2c.pngsplice95_zps3f927e8b.pngsplice96_zps0ad381d6.pnglegachel_zps8885ef89.pngdc61c349-7e4f-4f67-996b-5377f82928ad_zpssplice98_zps64f58825.png29e11ba4-f97c-4922-bf27-f257ee82d80f_zpsr100_entryb_zpsd9c5d602.pngsr101_zps2297cf2c.pngsr102fv2_zps94072578.pngspliceRNG1_zpscb76b147.pngsr103flat_zpsd4a0800b.pngsr104_zps1275a0fc.pngb77828fb-6c04-4802-836f-474821acd29a_zps107_zps43fcb529.pngsplicer108_harharhar_zps797272e0.pngs111f_zpsdde0f7f6.pngflastsr112fcc_zpsef7bae07.pngsr120_merchant2_zpsjrqvck1j.pngQCVgzh5.pngzgC8Dpp.pngRb4eKLK.pngt0t1healerfcleanup_zpsnfyholgj.pngsplice113_blackknight_flat_zps01kglm8b.psr139_furTrader_zpsaomdhkkq.pngGfrb9CG.gifr6FrvcM.pngaILNPtQ.pngpEai0UN.png

Customs

Spoiler

forestKnight_zpsbhzepaaj.pngsetv2_zps1ajse5h8.pngcliffcrop_zpsd867a7c8.pngneil_zpsdcf788ca.pngcoron2flat_zps3db91e4a.pnginri_zpscf9908af.png femGenOrPur_zpsff2038be.png20140127_selenageitz_zps4e7bb357.png 2014_0121_derek_zps0ab52b69.png2014_0121_derekChibi_zps11cf367a.png  nikki_zps9bd2a76d.png 120923_halo3_zps03b62287.gif xerxes_v1_by_lenh-d5amcqb.gif  
qtnPXFE.pnglammergeier_zpsf4fd93e7.pngbeardedVultureFlat_zps17ccc805.png murphv1pt1_zps9d3bc74b.png pug_zps8a86337b.gif  20140109_iggy_zpsvwtvzkjp.pnglildragon1_zpsd0fc2a1e.png
pirateLadyFlat_zpscf8d1d5b.pngarcturoCropped_zps851807ae.png

Fanart and Misc:

Spoiler

QeCMCKr.pngeiseFlat_zpsf7thkdun.pnglilithfinal_zpskvrswje1.pnghaarTraceflat2_zps9ijbdcbx.pngiceDragon_20140116_zps73c6f40d.png

hanbei_ToaReq_zpskhehmg1j.pngsisucaTrace_2016_02_zpse7wqz6hu.pngBuchse_zps4qx6rhxc.png

qMh2K.pngshigureFlat_zpsopboccxh.pngasuraflat_zpsus5osi6m.pngplegTact_zpsbnvgff1d.pngkamuiTrace_flat_zpsa5695f40.pngrhysFlat_zps6de8e34f.pngoLd0IVC.png 7PGtXdM.png  gengentest_flat_zps84272acd.png entiraflat2_zps3b1794af.png

slingshot.png mags_krtdl_zpsf242aff2.pngGuSxH5o.pngO9bb2ks.pngIgQ2XTc.pngBW0Zoov.png

If you would like to use any of my work, please send me a note. More than likely I'll let you, but there are some items that I would like to keep as my own.

Edited by Lenh
+secrets

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that you'll fix this later but the timing on the griffin could use some work, especially when the griffin hits the target. Otherwise, you seem to have captured the motion fairly well. Now all that's left is to colour it in :D:

The gun guy has too many frames, I think. Rather, his motions seem far to fluid for GBAFE sprites. While it does look really nice, it doesn't suit the style--you'd want more jutter-y movements showing how fast the guy can pull out his gun and stuff, I think.

(Yay approval!) Thanks guys~ Completely forgot timing; I'll try to incorporate it into the griffin.

And as far as smoothness vs. jittery goes, I'm in favor of learning it smooth unless there's an obvious technique/tutorial available and/or people would reaaaallly prefer it. I want to keep the style to a comfortable enough extent it's still familiar (e.g. FE6 vs. FE8), and also be able to tweak the standard rules for personal flavor/taste as well.

Merc Lord, sticks figures never worked for me, usually my animations start as messy sketches and get cleaned up during the blob phase . :/ To start, I typically just reduce the base figure into its primary shapes and divvy the animation itself into moving and rotating those shapes (keeping track they don't morph out of control). Having onion skinning/dedicated animation suites helps too.

Of course, Kram. It was requested~

Well, what I meant was how people come up with the that kind of pre-spriting thing, like Yeti does, and you do. I can never get it to work for me.

Physically acting it out, and getting a firm idea on the motions and feel you want the whole thing to go through, really helps imo.

Other than that it might be just practice (straight out crib animations/follow tutorials until you're comfortable with your drafting process), and reference sources/studies.

Not sure if this is getting closer to what you're asking for. If it's any help I can document the pre-pre-sketches and thought process from the sprite to the skeleton animation, but that's going to be different for everyone.

Edited by Lenh

No, I can make pretty good sprites checkout my thread and I guess I can animate, too, I just figure that later on when I get into bigger things I'll need a much better skeleton animation to help me.

And believe me, I act out my sprites in a ridiculous amount.

Here's a better way of putting it: do you draw the skeleton animation, pixel by pixel, or do you use a tablet to draw it, or what? Also just so I say it again, I like the sprites, although the shooter's shoes are shaded funny sometimes.

(Yeh sorry, when I don't know how to answer I start very basic and work up from there. I liked your latest mug pretty well.)

Answering your question: I do it with a graphics tablet in Fireworks. I can do it with the mouse and iDraw3 (sniper was done this way), but then I do colored dots for all the joints instead of lines, and that route takes longer. It ends up looking exactly like the draft pencil sketch, usually with additional frames and corrections.

Oh, if I only had a tablet. Not like it'd matter because I have zero natural drawing talent with no idea of proportions etc, but w/e.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and if you make any new battle sprites lemme take a look at them, no matter how bad you think they are. Kthx

• 3 weeks later...

One month later Any opinons on the griffin before the finishing up cleaning/detailing/shading/colorFixing, whether that weird blur is okay (or how to fix) and/or the after-slash should stay, or anything else that stands out?

griffStrikeCol11.gif

Pacing/pausing and blurs aaaghh

Yeah what the gryphon actually does is kinda confusing. It looks sort of like he's jsut blowing air at the mage? I think this is because the wings sort of fan forward right as he is attacking. Also I'm not entirely sure the gryphon making quick little baby steps back after his attack is necessary, he could just jump back into the air 0:

This is so cool though aaa

(no way man the rider's gonna have to be someone else's job) Thanks!

The attack's supposed to be mainly in the impact and the drag down of the talon, which is a weak swivel atm. I'll try making the claw withdraw a backwards blur slash after the impact so it's a talon rip, hopefully that'll make more sense/more power.

(Jumping back into the air to return to position seems a lot more frames to work on than the baby hop-step it's got now. If someone wants to recycle the frames to do that later, they can. This is gonna to be free for anyone that wants it.)

Edited by Lenh

• 2 weeks later...

At a stopping point for this guy. 1st post is edited with the animation (and some old stuff).

sheet_gryphon.png

Have at it!

Adding a rider is a great idea but ran out of oomph to even get it started, sorry :(

Random Slingshot: slingshot.png

• 1 month later...

*le bump*

So yeah I haven't felt like touching that gryphon, but will keep those things in mind when it comes time to visit it again.

Some new things in progress:

horsePaceLoop9.gif (transposing FE5's horsie run to lorasDraft.gif)

arcturo_idle2battle3.gif (play)

Ahh Ponih, I'm not worthy ^^;...

The second animation, I'm guessing he is holding some kind of gun

arcturo_idle2battleflat.png

Nope~ He's still got the flying claw weapon, not sure if it'll work out (something seems wrong with it).

Edited by Lenh