Questions about Rival Bands

Big Klingy

Okay, I paired my Avatar with Panne, so naturally I'm anxious to get Yarne. But I was reading the Paralogue thread, and people say his is one of the hardest. But that's not the main thing that caught my attention.

It was this:

Laurent

Morgan

Kjelle

Owain (without Missiletainn)

Cynthia

Owain (with Missiletainn)

Severa

Nah

Gerome

Brady (if you don't care about villagers)

Inigo

Yarne (against Green or Red)

Noire

Brady (if you want to save all villagers...so many bows :wacko: )

Yarne (against Green And Red)

Specifically, the words: "against Green AND Red."

So before I go in, I just want to know, how exactly does this paralogue work. From my random tet run, here's what I know:

-Two armies: the Stonewall Knights (left, lots of Armours, default Red) and the Riders of Dawn (right, lots of horses, default Green)

-Yarne is with the Stonewall Knights (Red)

-At the start of the chapter, you can choose to assist the Red army (Stonewall Knights). If you choose this, they become Green, including Yarne, the Riders of Dawn become red and get immidiate reinforcements and two of the villages close.

-If you say no, you get the option to assist the Green army. Saying Yes locks out the top two villages and spawns lots of red reinforcements. The Riders stay Green.

-Saying no to both gives you a prompt to fight both, say yes and you get ANOTHER prompt asking if you're sure. This doesn't bode well... yep, BOTH sides get reinforcements. You don't lose any villages though.

Okay, yep, I have a feeling I'll need to leave this til' VERY late if I'm thinking of taking on both bands. But is this the only was to get all 4 village items? Because I'm a bit of a 100% Completionist at heart and have a compulsion to get everything possible out of each chapter. Missing out on something would just give me this nagging feeling...

However, the fact still remains that this is my Avatar's son, so I want him on my team as soon as possible. I already have the skills I need for his inheritance and both my Avatar and Panne are promoted with decent stats, so his bases should be fine. Plus, in-character I'd probably assist the Stonewall Knights. I love armours, and I like having my son on-side right from the start. (Though in practice it doesn't matter: it's VERY easy to position Panne so she can recruit him on turn 1. But if the Stonewalls are enemies, he'll be right in the middle of them the moment he joins. He'll have some room to breathe is they're allies.)

So, to put it simple, can anybody tell me ehat items are in the villages, and which you miss out with each option? Also, if you choose to side with one band, do you get the option to turn on them after you wipe out the other one? Because if you do, I'd probably take it.

There is no "turn on them later" option.

Not sure on the village items, I don't remember them being anything that spectacular but there's an arseload more EXP in it for you if you take on both sides and I believe the gold reward at the end is also larger.

It's just, y'know, going to kill you in attempting it.

I JUST did this, so let's see how bad my memory is.

Siding with the Knights/Riders will net you one of a Hammer/Beast Killer, with the weapon corresponding to what you chose (so siding with the horses nets you a Hammer to get rid of those armors faster). I'm pretty sure one of them was a staff (I want to say Recover), and I honestly don't remember the other one, but that means it wasn't something super-de-duper amazing, or I'd remember what it was.

I'd pick this chapter up a bit later, when your units are strong enough to dodgetank stuff.

I believe it's a beast Killer for the Knights, and Hammer for the Riders, and then, I can't remember which one goes where, but one gives you an Energy Drop, and the other gives you a Dracoshield

The only way to get all 4 items is to fight both teams, there's no turning option at all.

I believe it's a beast Killer for the Knights, and Hammer for the Riders, and then, I can't remember which one goes where, but one gives you an Energy Drop, and the other gives you a Dracoshield

The only way to get all 4 items is to fight both teams, there's no turning option at all.

Okay, those are all items obtainable by other means. (Pretty sure you can get stat boosters from saving Annas) Though the extra EXP is tempting, I do have EXPonential Growth, which could easily get me just as much.

I'll think about this. I'll be recruiting Morgan first anyway.

What I did was I brought all my strongest units, chose to fight both mercenary groups, and then fortified my starting position until the enemies' numbers had thinned out significantly before moving North and collecting the items from the villages. The commander of the Stonewall Knights is a pushover to a strong enough magic user, while the commander of the Riders of Dawn is a little tougher, but still very beatable. Try to engage him in the Eastern forest, if possible, to mitigate his movement advantage, and bear in mind that while this does give him +1 defense and +10 evasion, your units will be getting those bonuses as well if you're attentive to the spaces they end their turns on. In general, both magic users and high-defense units are huge helps here, although the Sages and Valkyries can be a bit tricky when they land hits. If you're not strong enough, you could always take a little time to gain levels, either through skirmish grinding, progressing the story or just playing through the other children's sidequests, and come back to Yarne's chapter later.

Edited by Starlight36