Skills Through Teamup

I could be very late with this information, but I happened to notice that skills from the partner in the back in a tag team transfer over to the front partner, for example the skill Patience actually gives the partner those bonuses rather than it just applying only to Gregor himself. Also noticed Frederick's partner gaining an absurd amount of weapon rank, and I say this because I was being loony and teamed him up with Virion. Level 10, it's the first desert map, and he's already got B rank.

Anyone else noticed this?

Well so far I've definitely noticed Patience (real easy to see, namely when you pair Gregor with Nowi in their debut chapter. Nowi having 88% displayed hit on enemy phase and 78% on player phase is pretty easy to spot), and I THINK Discipline works. Not sure what other skills work like this.

Odd Rhythm?

The point of Solidarity is to give 10 crit to the active unit in the Pair alongside adjacent units. Stuff like Anathema/Hex/Charm/Aggressor/Dual Strike+/Dual Guard+ all work in the support slot as well, but it's by design. I haven't heard anything about skills like Patience, Discipline or Avoid+10 stacking with the active unit. It'd be cool if it does work though.

Edited by XeKr

I just looked with Prescience and it ended up working. Morgan's hit with an imposing axe jumped from 54% to 68% ((I checked before attacking)) when Virion paired up in her back, and he's only giving her +3 skill.

Edited by Darros

Doesn't pairing up naturally give +10% hit though?

He may have tested by having a different partner from Virion.

EDIT: I can confirm that Discipline does not transfer.

Edited by grandjackal

Just tried this out. I dunno how you guys are getting your results, but you should check them again. Just tried it out on CoY3 (opponents have fixed stats/skills there), switching skills around and resetting. Test 1: Avatar with Frederick (Outdoor Fighter + Taintivity, then neither). Same avoid each time. Test 2: Ricken with Thaja (Presience, then no Presience). 55% hit both times. In short, your partners skills don't affect you.

Doesn't pairing up naturally give +10% hit though?

And I completely and utterly forgot about that. I'll have to look more into this. Well, maybe I will anyway.

I think the only skills that work through pair up are the radius style ones.

Name        Targets        Radius

Charm       Allies         3
Solidarity  Allies         1
Demoiselle  Allies (male)  3
Hex         Enemies        1
Anathema    Enemies        3

Skills that affect enemies work, like anathema and hex. Skills that affect allies also work, like solidarity, charm and demoiselle. The breaker skills work with the unit that has it, but not with the unit they pair up with, and so does prescience, but they will only affect the hit rate, since the unit that has it can't be attacked. Like, if the MU has lance breaker and is paired with chrom, who is in the lead and an enemy with a lance attack chrom, nothing will happen. When chrom attack back, nothing will happen either, but if the MU attack, he will get +50 hit rate.