The two possible enemies from the Fire Emblem: Awakening in the Famitsu scans

King Marth 64

Guess?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Geriba might be in the game?

• I thinks he's might be a Unrecruitable Boss
    • I thinks he's might be a Recruitable Enemy
    • Might be a Non-Playable Character
    • I am not sure?
  2. 2. How do you Narazumono or the Ruffian might be in the game?

• I thinks he's might be a Unrecruitable Boss
    • I thinks he's might be a Recruitable Enemy
    • I am not sure?

Ok, I notice there are more new characters revealed revealed from the scans and there is two characters Geriba and the Blond Hair Swordsman Ruffian fighting Krom from the scan (I think someone said his name is Narazumono), but we probably not sure about them, so I will make the poll so that you can decide to guess until we have more info revealed about them.

Geriba

geriba.jpg

And Blond Hair Swordsman Ruffian (Narazumono? - I have no idea what his name is)

battleprepkinda.png

Edited by King Marth 64

I hope Narazumono is playable! He is so awesome looking! Come on Nintendo! Release this game OUTSIDE OF JAPAN instead of keeping it in one part of the world! And we can also see if that swordsman ruffian guy is playable(and of course that other one).

And Blond Hair Swordsman Ruffian (Narazumono? - I have no idea what his name is)

battleprepkinda.png

I don't even think you need to know moonspeak to know that's not an individual character. Just recognizing how names work in Fire Emblem will clue you in to that.

The other dude I'm guessing is an enemy, but I'm guessing, is all.

ならず者 (Narazumono)-Does mean Ruffian so it's just a generic enemy、 I'm guessing Geriba is the ruffian leader or just a boss of that map so not recruitable.

Edited by Generic Operator

battleprepkinda.png

Like people have said... generic.

And I see the Blond Hair Man with the Sword in his portrait looks like an enemy unit (possibly more like Boss or Recruitable Enemy)

The enemy's just a Ruffian. You can tell if a character is generic if their name contains hiragana or kanji (which requires you to know a little Japanese).

VincentASM said himself that USUALLY you can tell that a character is generic if they have Hiragana and/or Kanji as their label.

Most, if not all Fire Emblem characters have Katakana as their names.

If you don't know moonspeak/Japanese:

Hiragana: Simple looking, curvy-stylized type characters such as: あ、い、う、え、お、か、き、く、け、こ、etc...

Kanji: Chinese characters. You can tell simply by looking: 漢字、言葉、etc.

Katakana: Kind of straight-edgy versions of Hiragana, considering they have the exact same pronunciations: ア、イ、ウ、エ、オ、カ、キ、ク、ケ、コ、etc...

If it has complicated looking characters in it, it's usually generic, even with Katakana.

Like for example from FE7:

Caelinhei.png

キアラン兵 = Caelin (Soldier) aka Generics.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't even think you need to know moonspeak to know that's not an individual character. Just recognizing how names work in Fire Emblem will clue you in to that.

Go on, then. Tell me how names work in Fire Emblem, keeping in mind I am effectively illiterate.

As for the OP, how do you Narazumono? It's something that I've been wondering for a while now.

Edited by Furetchen

Go on, then. Tell me how names work in Fire Emblem, keeping in mind I am effectively illiterate.

As for the OP, how do you Narazumono? It's something that I've been wondering for a while now.

VincentASM said himself that USUALLY you can tell that a character is generic if they have Hiragana and/or Kanji as their label.

That's how.

The only FE character whose name isn't in katakana who comes to mind is the Black Knight... which isn't a name.

"Man I wish generic bandit was playable!"

We have reached that moment in time, folks.

it's fe8 c5 all over again

I imagined the generic enemies would have their eyes more concealed, as per Emperor Hardin's post.

The eyes are still shadowed, just not somehow invisible like the ones in FE9/FE10/Berwick.

If you don't know moonspeak/Japanese:

Hiragana: Simple looking, curvy-stylized type characters such as: あ、い、う、え、お、か、き、く、け、こ、etc...

Kanji: Chinese characters. You can tell simply by looking: 漢字、言葉、etc.

Katakana: Kind of straight-edgy versions of Hiragana, considering they have the exact same pronunciations: ア、イ、ウ、エ、オ、カ、キ、ク、ケ、コ、etc...

That's how.

... I swear that wasn't there before I posted.

Yes, I know the last edit was a full fifteen minutes before my post. I post slowly.

or maybe i'm just not very observant

I wish Batta The Beast was playable. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

He wasn't really generic, but I think that his theme was totally kickass and he should have been a CO in his own right.

EDIT: For some reason I was thinking of The Beast from AW4. Derp.

Edited by Anouleth

"Man I wish generic bandit was playable!"

We have reached that moment in time, folks.

I've been at that point my whole life. If I could trade all of FE4 gen 1 for winners like Gandolf and Kinbois I wouldn't even need to think about it. The same goes for all the Harold clones.

I've been at that point my whole life. If I could trade all of FE4 gen 1 for winners like Gandolf and Kinbois I wouldn't even need to think about it. The same goes for all the Harold clones.

I always wanted Voltz to be playable.

But this is even worse; Generic Bandit doesn't even have a name.

At least Veyona really is playable!

Say, why does the poll still not so much as offer an option for "generic enemy" for Mr. Generic Bandit when OP was told repeatedly before posting this thread that Mr. Generic Bandit was unquestionably a generic enemy?

I always wanted Voltz to be playable.

You guys should make it happen. It's not particularly hard, considering most of the necessary data is already documented, and you even have programs to do most of the editing for you.

Harold x Shagall OTP

Edited by Celice