Rate the Unit: Day XLVIII

Shin

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00 BST! Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Leaf: 9.45

Celice: 9.54

So close, Leaf! But you can't beat Shirley!

Fin

Fin was pretty cool in gen 1. Problem is that he can't keep up with all the youngsters. He's solid, especially if he gets his Hero Lance back, but he's getting old! Still, he has a horse and can fight... that's not too bad!

7.5/10

Edited by Parco Folgore

FUDGE YEAH FIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will bring back unit A vs unit B here, if they both kill it doesn't matter who does it better.

But if Fin comes in promoted, then Fin is likely going to be good until endgame, even then, it's not he's useless. He has plenty of potential.

8.5/10 +1 bias because he's like the greatest FE character ever. so yeah, 9.5/10.

7/10

Finn isn't as good this time around...poor guy is aging (and more people now have holies, making it hard to compete with them). If he wasn't paired, he is still killing a good part of the enemies with the hero lance. And even if he was paired, he saves Leaf and Nanna during chapter 7. Still has a horse, and can still fight.

He's got a horse, he's got a Silver Lance if he wasn't paired, he's promoted if you weren't lazy/incompetent. He's just plain ol' Fin. Where he was an excellent combatant in Gen 1, his advanced level and stats are all that really keeps him going in Gen 2. He lacks the long-term viability of Oifaye thanks to a lack of Swords to pair with his Lances, but he's still a solid dude who is decent second string fodder for stuff like fighting Muhammad or picking off the guys at Lenster or whatever. He should do fine in arenas still as well, so he'll take good care of himself. Eventually he fades out, but he hasn't been a detriment at any point.

Oh, and he has some nice conversations with his daughters if he was paired, which is nifty. The +5 SKL on Lakche is completely pointless, but the +5 SPD for Nanna or +5 MAG for Lana aren't terrible. Fin!Nanna has a 9 SPD base and growth of 35%, so that +5 really shores that score up and keeps her doubling decently. And the +5 MAG is an extra +5 HP with Live/Physic, and +10 with Relive, so that's not unappreciated.

7/10

Imma assume promoted Fin because you're doing it wrong if you can't promote him by C3 end

Yeah. Saves leaf's ass. Mounted with good combat. Slows down a bit at the end but otherwise kicking ass and taking names. 8/10.

Edit: why do I keep on forgetting to give him my bias

he's even one of my fav Judgral males

9/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

While I love Fin I do agree he has a hard time with the younger generation but that doesn't stop him. With that being said he's still great. I think a lot of him depends on how good you left him in part 1. Mines always like level 22 or higher. So, for a bit he might be your strongest unit. If he was paired in part one he gives some stat boost to some children which is nice. The hero lance should go to him... because it's his. Anywho he also has pretty bad magic defense. Still he's a great unit.

8+1 bias point

9/10

His Gen I growths have trouble keeping up with the new and improved Gen II ones, even among the subs in some cases; his stats aren't really bad, but they're pretty average aside from LCK, and LOL LCK. But he is mounted, so that helps. If you leveled him a fair bit in Gen I then he's pretty crutch against that wave of Alster enemies at the start of C7, with Leaf and Nanna/Janne fairly weak at base. On the whole I would say he's imperfect, but decent.

6.5/10 + 1 bias = 7.5/10

His Gen I growths have trouble keeping up with the new and improved Gen II ones, even among the subs in some cases; his stats aren't really bad, but they're pretty average aside from LCK, and LOL LCK. But he is mounted, so that helps. If you leveled him a fair bit in Gen I then he's pretty crutch against that wave of Alster enemies at the start of C7, with Leaf and Nanna/Janne fairly weak at base. On the whole I would say he's imperfect, but decent.

6.5/10 + 0.5 bias = 7/10

I'm gonna cop out and take this one.

6.5/10 + 1 bias = 7.5/10

I'm feeling lazy too, but make it a 7.0/10 no bias.

I'm gonna cop out and take this one.

I'll cop out and take Integrity's take without the bias points.

(6.5/10)

Edited by ♈Aradia Megido

Imma assume promoted Fin because you're doing it wrong if you can't promote him by C3 end

Yeah. Saves leaf's ass. Mounted with good combat. Slows down a bit at the end but otherwise kicking ass and taking names. 8/10.

Edit: why do I keep on forgetting to give him my bias

he's even one of my fav Judgral males

9/10

Stealing Lumi's ratings again...