Who plans to marry Nono?

I'm sorry, are we discussing this in-universe of out-of-universe? I simply stated that the people who wrote the game included it when you said that it was written by people (and written with human taboos in mind). Regardless of what anyone thinks of it, they still included it.

It's written by human beings, meaning if this hypothetical "dragons don't see it as pedophilia" thing existed, it's because humans put it there. With the route they've gone though, this isn't even the case anyway.

Second of all, I think it's weird and do not agree with it. I'm merely pointing out the the legal definition doesn't really apply, and that it's still a fictional character. (And perhaps playing devil's advocate a bit.) The obsession over the topic in here is actually becoming creepier than the subject matter.

How is it creepy to say "this a child shouldn't be in a relationship with a grown man"? Also, for me at least, this was never a question of legality. I don't believe in this because it's illegal, I believe in it because it's fucking disgusting.

A little girl who had a kid. "Treated" so much like a little girl that she had a kid. How much information do we have about what people in the game think about it all, aside from Soso? Or how Nono is treated, or how she acts? The only thing I've read is that she "acts" like a little kid.

And looks like a little kid, and is thought of as a little kid. She is effectively a child.

Since apparently, you're a selective reader, I'll restate yet again, I agree that it is weird, but you're all taking a fictional character a tad bit serious.

It's a topic about a creepy thing, of course I'm going to post about it here. And when I say creepy, I mean really creepy.

I love how long it takes each combatant in the Nono debate to reply. It's like watching some strange chess game with limited movements. Go Zephyr~

Every time I see a reply I'm like "fuck it, there's no point in continuing" and well here we are. I don't want to be "that guy" that claims they're leaving the topic forever and posts anyway, and this kind of called me out, so here I am.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's written by human beings, meaning if this hypothetical "dragons don't see it as pedophilia" thing existed, it's because humans put it there. With the route they've gone though, this isn't even the case anyway.

I think we may have gotten mixed up on that topic, but whatever.

How is it creepy to say "this a child shouldn't be in a relationship with a grown man"? Also, for me at least, this was never a question of legality. I don't believe in this because it's illegal, I believe in it because it's fucking disgusting.

Going on an on about does get rather excessive. Creepy, yes. But considering the fact you need to do it for another Manakete implies the developers are either screwing with us, or playing it for laughs. (And since it seems to be mostly focusing on the romantic aspect of it, they likely never considered the implications of physical, and the possible backlash from the English fandom.)

And looks like a little kid, and is thought of as a little kid. She is effectively a child.

I'd still like to see something more than what Soso said. Because as far as I've seen she "acts young" and "looks young" but I haven't seen anyone really say "I THINK OF HER AS A CHILD." in the game. Especially considering the fact that she gave birth, hard for people to see her as a kid.

Even the Soso conversation could be interpreted as her merely thinking Nono can be immature. Which is funny, coming from Soso, who is likely not any older?

(Still, she LOOKS far too young.)

It's a topic about a creepy thing, of course I'm going to post about it here. And when I say creepy, I mean really creepy.

Wasn't directed at you alone, I think that the entire topic is excessive.

Every time I see a reply I'm like "fuck it, there's no point in continuing" and well here we are. I don't want to be "that guy" that claims they're leaving the topic forever and posts anyway, and this kind of called me out, so here I am.

Honestly, I'm similar, I'd rather stop, so if you wanna call it quits, I'm game. I honestly agree with you anyway. I just felt it was all entirely excessive over a fictional character, and arguing semantics. (Which probably makes me worse, anyway.)

Edit: Here, let me put it this way: I abhor violence. I do not believe that under any circumstances that it should be okay to take someone's life. You could not in a million years, or a million dollars, convince me to kill someone. But video games aren't real. I have no problem going through a game murdering and pillaging because someone's morals don't necessarily apply. I'm not going to stop my friend from grabbing a hooker in GTA and then murdering her after.

Child abuse is wrong, but I haven't seen enough evidence from the game to really call it that. (Soso' conversation isn't enough evidence. But there's still the fact Nono, out-of-universe, looks too young. But for us, it's just a gameplay mechanic.) And I don't believe that it's any worse than murdering hundreds of people in a game. I'm not going to call someone out for killing in a game, and I'm not going to blame someone for pairing up with Nono to get Soso, it's a gameplay mechanic. (Unless, they're actually physically attracted to Nono, but that's something else.)

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Iit's not her age that bothers me, ( how she looks I mean), well it is .....

But more importantly, it's inter species sex ... Which is gross..

It's like someone having a child with a lizard...

Albeit she looks mostly human .. But still.

Edited by pegasusmage

Consent is about maturity, not about looks.

You have given nothing to indicate Nono's level of maturity. No one has. When we see how Nono acts in her supports, we will be able to figure out the truth. We cannot figure this out now.

Consent is about maturity, not about looks.

You have given nothing to indicate Nono's level of maturity. No one has. When we see how Nono acts in her supports, we will be able to figure out the truth. We cannot figure this out now.

I'm with this guy, I don't think we should debate this any further until we have some dialogue from the game and know exactly what's going on and how it appears in the game. This is not about physical appearance (not really) it's about maturity and the people in a relationship so I want to see some dialogue before we go any further.

I'm also wondering how this will change in the localisation (if at all). If we're having such a heated debate here in the fandom I hate to think what the mass media and by extension the general public would think about this. I'm not worried about whether it will get localised at all though, the localisation team would definitely have known about this before they started.

Its more among the lines of them talking about the sex they had in their convo being creepy.

I though Sigurd promised to take care of her...

Oh.... I see now that you've mentioned it.

It's very creepy.

Eh, not THAT creepy, but still creepy nevertheless.