Let's change the final smashes!

Knight

I recently just thought about Brawl and its final smashes, and they're pretty cool, however, I have a problem with some of them. Some are really cool and very fitting (Marth's Critical Hit, Kirby's Cooking power), some are bizarre (Luigi's... "thing"), but some are just bland and uninspired (Mario's big fireball, Link's rapid sword slash)

So, if you had the oppurtunity to change up some characters Final Smash, what would you make it. (You can also make one up for newcomers)

Here's some of mine.

Charizard: Blast Burn

Charizard starts hovering in the air and drops a fieball on the ground that creates a giant, spreading chain explosion, insta-KO to anyone caught in the center explosion, almost guaranteed KO to the others. (although his current smash is probably Mega-Zard X, which I'm cool with)

Mario: March of the Minis

From a lesser-known Mario franchise, this Final Smash would have mini-marios flood the battlefield, devastating those they touch.

Peach's mushroom/Toad taunt should become her final smash; except, it's a giant Toad this time, and after, er, waggling it, she releases it, and it spawns tiny little toads that do 5% damage each.

Make Samus and the opponents go underwater while Samus moves around freely with her Final Smash (Gravity Suit only costume), or have hers similar to Pikachu's final smash except screw attacking(Yellow Suit only). She should have Dark Samus for one of her costumes and should do Phazon Laser for her final smash.

Ivysaur should get Leaf Storm if he makes it.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

pretty much any change i'd want to make is based on accuracy to the original games. i understand a lot of the time aspects of said original appearances can't be translated all that well into ssb or final smashes, but there are so many damn obvious ones they missed

• marth should channel naga for some sort of light attack or something, or hell even use the fire emblem for that? even if that's not strictly accurate, anything's better than how uninspired his current one is. see also: project m roy
  • have r.o.b. crush everyone underneath a giant game of stack-up? idk
  • give ness and lucas pk rockin and pk love respectively. y'know, their actual superpowerful psi spells
  • sonic pulls a dedede and spawns an endless number of original characters (do not steal)

...Well... I WOULD have agreed with Blast Burn for Charizard... but that was before X and Y and Megavolution happened.

And after that trailer, there's noooooo way I'd change Zard buddy's final smash lol.

If there IS someone I would change... I'd give Meta Knight a different neutral special and make Mach Tornado (as depicted in Kirby Super Star Ultra) Meta Knight's new Final Smash. Almost anything else would be better as his neutral-B, eh ~3~

....what? ONE of us can be serious, can't we?

I'd give Toon Link his Hurricane Spin from TWW and the Four Sword Zeldas rather than just a aesthetically modified Triforce Slash.

Oh, yes! I always thought that would be much better for Toon Link's FS too, but I forgot to mention it.

While we're at it, Falco and Wolf should have air strikes in their respective preferred vehicles (Falco has stated in-game that he adamantly does not want to get in a Landmaster lol).

Yoom-tah, anyone? >3>

Edited by BANRYU

I've seen Link's fs as "sealing somebody with the power of the triforce," always thought it was fine

I think Marth's fs is fucking hilarious, what with the hp meter, the staggered "freeze" on getting a hit, and its potential to kill himself if he uses it in the air and misses. Maybe a bit on the generic side functionally, but it's also true to a lot of the critical animations of the series games, where somebody'd do a DBZ dash (no feet hitting the ground etc.) at an enemy.

I was thinking that as an alternative, maybe he could actually call in fe characters for help, but on reflection, that idea's similar to some other moves itself, like DDD's waddle party, Pit's centurion assault, etc). Maybe to distinguish it, the fe units summoned could hit harder than the average summoned fs dudes, but could both be damaged/knocked out and wouldn't actually leave until getting knocked out by the enemy.

Or maybe he could summon an invincible ally directly to his side (maybe it could just be a glowing silhouette of his own outline, for a holy weapon kinda deal) that moves in tandem/directly after him, copying his moves, like Genei-Jin or something

I think it'd be cool if DK got a fs that replicated what he actually did in Jungle Beat- beating the merciful shit out of somebody to the rhythm. I guess it'd also be cool if he rode a rhino around like an asshole

Edited by Rehab

I never said regular Link's FS had to change. Only Toon Link's.

I think he was referring to the OP who seems to think Link's FS is boring.

Oh, I see. I do think it's kind of boring myself, actually, especially since it's a bit similar to Ike's Great Aether. Link should have the Skyward Strike for his FS or something instead.

Not that I would change the Final Smash for Mega Man, but originally I thought that we'd get Jet Rush Megaman. Of course, his true one is loads better.

Dedede can become masked Dedede instead from Super Star Ultra. Alternatively he could be Dark Dedede from Triple Deluxe.

Falco should be an Arwing if anything.

Peach's could be the Vibe Scepter from Super Princess Peach where she beats down everyone using her "emotions".

HEHEHEHEHEHE VIBE SCEPTER

I still can't believe Nintendo thought they could get away with that

You know, when I played it, I never got the reference. Now that I'm older…it's so bad. Plus that ending about the vibe scepter being in our house…god.

I would change Luigi's Negitive Zone to a bunch of Dreamy Luigi's doing something. Diddy Kong's I would change to him rockin' out with the electric guitar similar to that one assist trophy in brawl. Yoshi's could be his Giant Egg move from New Island or some type of transportation form. I agree with the Vibe Sceptor for Peach omg that'd be great. Even though he's not confirmed pure speculation but if Isaac could have one I'd want it to be a Summon or some form of Venus power.

I like the Guitar idea for Diddy Kong. Didn't he actually have something like that at one point in DK64 or some other game? I seem to recall that all the Kongs had various instruments in that game.

^ I know Dixie plays a guitar at the end of levels sometimes in DKC2 (and probably 3?) but Dixie wasn't in DK64, and Diddy actually used his guitar as an attack in that game. It might make more sense for him to use it, although I suppose Dixie could always 'borrow' that a la the Earthbound characters...

^ I know Dixie plays a guitar at the end of levels sometimes in DKC2 (and probably 3?) but Dixie wasn't in DK64, and Diddy actually used his guitar as an attack in that game. It might make more sense for him to use it, although I suppose Dixie could always 'borrow' that a la the Earthbound characters...

Actually you're right.

DiddyRock64.PNG

I never played DK64 so I didn't know.

• 2 weeks later...