Eternal Galaxy: Shattered Ice Flower (Interest Check)

Cucoo5

Ok this is just a test to see how my one Story RP would be received in this community.

I have this set of RPs which are adaptations of parts of a story I've been working on, which I call the Eternal Galaxy Project.

There are three main parts and a few "backstory" parts.

Shattered Ice Flower is one of those backstory parts.

Now the overall theme of Eternal Galaxy is Sci-fi fantasy, but SIF is mainly fantasy.

I've based a lot of it on Fire Emblem so I figured that it would be better appreciated here.

And so, just as a preview, this is the OOC that I had for SIF.

*Note: I make references to another OOC of the main part of the story. Though it is not really important here, it should still make sense if you just keep this in mind as you read through it.

*Note 2: The combat section was me explaining how Fire Emblem Awakening worked to people that didn't know. It is improvised to work with a special little "calculator" I made.

[spoiler=]

Ok This here is a part of my Eternal Galaxy Project, specifically it's the back story of my one main character, Kiara Aquala. It takes place about 3-5 years before the events of Shards of Starlight, thus the characters in it can exist here.

I'm primarily going to use this to experiment with a few systems I intend on using for the next parts of the main story.

Anyway, here's the set-up for Eternal Galaxy: Shattered Ice Flower

The Stage

Solar System: Celestora

Planet: Acylon

The Continent of Acylon, Mana

Luminox, a kingdom created by Light and Dark Mages, the prevalent city of the north west of Mana.

The Tower of Nox dominates the eastern horizon. To the south lies the Lakes of Crystals. A sacred grove. to the north west of the lakes lies the Forest of Spirits. The far north east, The Vanguard Mountains. In the center, A volcano known as Igni looms over the village of humans below.

The Story

A little water Nymph that goes by the name of Kiara lives in Crescent Lake, smaller than most in the region and hidden by mangroves surrounding the area. A small crescent-shaped Island is the key feature of the perfectly round lake. On the center of the island was a small white flower. She cared for the delicate flower regularly, until one day a Dark mage came to the lake. Kiara recognized her as the one that always harasses her. The dark mage went by the name of Achlys. This time, she took interest in the flower. Using dark magic, Achlys froze the white flower and prepared to cast another spell, but then Kiara tried to stand up to her. Achlys merely knocked her aside. That was when She set her plan to take over Mana into motion. To plunge the continent into eternal darkness and subjugate the horrified denizens to her rule would be simple, as soon as she destroyed the source of the Light mages' power: The Vessel of Light. However, Kiara would not let her destroy the flower. As Achlys finished the spell, Kiara intervened, but to no avail. The flower that was frozen, shattered. Kiara was left unconscious by the lake...

A day later, Achlys and her "friend", Laverna, another dark mage, became rulers of the eastern half of Mana, Empresses of the domain that the Tower of Nox resided in. Brainwashed followers became their might and then they declared war on the kingdom of Luminox, which was ruled by an ailing king and his son, Prince Roy.

That was when a young dark mage, Micero, found Kiara.

The Map

EDIT: Here's the quick sketched map =w=

yNf767z.png

...it ish perfect artistry

[spoiler=]

A small crescent-shaped Island is the key feature of the perfectly round lake.

Jgqpyiy.png?1

ancient-aliens-guy-meme-generator-791.jp

LAKES THAT ARE PERFECTLY ROUND

Regions

North: The Vanguard Mountains. There are some settlers up in caves mid way up.

South: The Lakes of Crystals. Typically those that seek to cleanse their spirits go there.

East: The Tower of Nox. A forest settlement at the base is where the Dark Mages used to preside.

West: The Forest of Spirits. A sacred Forest where light fairies play.

North West: The Kingdom of Luminox. Where the Light mages and Prince Roy preside.

South East: The Plains of the Hidden. A forest lies underneath in a strange cavern system. Dark Mages moved there since the Darkness.

Factions

- Light Mages: The holy guardians, as they call themselves. They protect the Castle Lumos (within Luminox) and supposedly keep the balance of Mana.

- Humans: Live in the City of Luminox and the Village of Igni. They look towards Prince Roy for protection.

- Dark Mages: The Protectors of Secrets. They keep to themselves and seclude themselves away from the Humans.

- Luminox: The faction which is directly loyal to Prince Roy. Can be considered the Royal Guards and servants.

Magic

- Light magic: The manipulation of Holy Energy. Can be used to create various effects of light as it is. It can also be used to condense the energy to create solid light in the form of crystals (which is the most strenuous task to perform) and use light as "solid/liquid" flowing energy. It is allowing for interesting mechanisms to be created using the crystals as energy sources in addition to the natural energy crystals that can be found. In addition, some believe it might be possible to use the magic to guide souls back to the realm of the living...

Grants the ability of the creation of buff items based on health and defense

- Dark magic: The manipulation of Sacred Dark Energy. Typically used for alchemy and various potions. It is through the concept of alchemy that Achlys froze the flower...

It's true abilities are unknown, however it is similar to Light magic as it can perform similar tasks, except instead of light, shadows.

Grants the ability of the creation of buff items based on attack and speed

Sub Elementals

Based on the four seasons. Anything you can think of that can tie the Seasons to the above main types will be available.

Eternal Galaxy Merge Settings:

Because this takes place in the Galaxy of Venturia, which is the main stage of Shards of Starlight, many of the rules apply here that are there.

What this means is this:

- You can have a character that is a native of Mana, where you would use the above set up

OR

- You can have a character that would be an outsider of the planet of Alcyon that is of the Venturian Galaxy.

So this means that you could make a character in Shards of Starlight or Echoes of Time, and use them here, depending on how the character was introduced in that story.

THE COMBAT SYSTEM

[spoiler=]

So I'ma make a Fire Emblem esque system for this so that everything will be stat based.

Now because I found the Fire Emblem calculations...I intend on using google docs to create a calculator that will pretty much do everything for you when it comes to combat.

So it'll be input your stats, enemy stats, hit enter, receive bacon see results.

And Here's the calculator~ joy. Right now it is functional~

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahrl66pXAQ7wdDUxZlJtODI1TmNkbk1CbHZHTTJHdXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

anyway~

So here comes the fun part

If you want to see the original system, [go here]

~STATS SYSTEM~

So the Stat system for this will use this

Class

HP

Str

Mag

Skl

Spd

Lck

Def

Res

Now I'm going to post the chart of calculations here so that you can look at what goes to what later.

[spoiler=]

Attack

= Strength or Magic + Weapon's Might + [buff Gem Bonus]

Hit rate

= Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 +[buff Gem Bonus] + Luck) / 2]

Critical

= Weapon's Critical + ((Skill+[buff Gem Bonus]) / 2)

Avoid

= (Speed x 3 + [buff Gem Bonus] + Luck) / 2

Rating

= Strength + Magic + Skill + Speed + Luck + Defence + Resistance

Though I'll go into detail later on this.

Right now, let me describe what all those lovely acronyms stand for.

Class: Your character's class which would dictate stat growths...but for simplicity we'll set this later.

HP: Your health points. Max will be 80 HP.

Str: Strength of a character that dictates physical attacks.

Mag: Magic Strength. Obviously the stat that dictates magic attacks.

*Note: Mag and Str both use the same formula. If you use magic tomes, you use Mag stat in the calculation, and so if you use a melee or Physical weapon, Str.

I'll explain more what weapon type uses what later.

Skl: The Skill of your character. A key factor when dictating hit stat and critical hit stat.

Spd: Speed. How fast your character is. Used in calculating Avoid Stat. (Hit Stat and Avoid Stat are the two things that actually dictate hit or miss in battle.)

Lck: How lucky your character is. Used in both Hit Stat and Avoid Stat calculations by a small amount...just to add complexity to calculations.

*Note: Notice I'm saying Avoid, Critical, and Hit Stat. The chance of these things happening are calculated later.

Def: Physical Defense. Literally, take Attack stat when it's calculated from Str and subtract along with a bunch of other bonuses.

Res: Magic Defense. Same as Physical, except used after Attack Stat is calculated with Mag.

*Note: I will be simplifying and explaining how each of these work as I go through this set up.

Now that you know what they mean and have a rough idea of what each is used for...

Let's move on to the next part of the stats

Weapon Types

Each class will have a certain set of useable weapon types (like Cavaliers can use swords and lances, Sword Masters use...swords, and Warriors use axes.)

I've removed the Weapon Proficiencies so that it's a bit simpler...

Anyway...MOVING ON~

~WEAPON SYSTEM~

The weapons themselves have a bit of a stat system. So let's quickly get on with this.

Rank

Mt

Hit

Crit

Rng

Effect

Uses

Worth

Ok fun and joy. (You're probably wondering why I'm setting them off like I am. There's a reason.)

Ok so let's describe these things.

Rank: The Rank of the weapon. No longer relevant but I might do something with this...maybe...doubt it.

Mt: Might. How powerful the weapon is. This is used in the Attack Stat calculation.

Hit: Hit Stat. Used in...the Hit chance calculation. We'll get to this eventually.

Crit: Critical Stat. Obviously...Critical Chance calculations.

Rng: Range. This dictates the obvious concept of if your in range to hit someone. Like an archer can be 2 spaces away (Remember Fire Emblem is like Chess.) and hit a sword master...but the sword master can't hit the archer (unless using a very specific sword which I'll list off later.)

Effect: Special effectiveness stat that tells you if its useful against certain class types. Like Armor Slayer...which is good against classes that have the Armor classification (Knights and Generals).

We'll talk more about this later.

Uses: Think Durability. How many times you can use it before you break it. Why Tomes have this remains a mystery to me... And has been the source of one funny joke...

Worth: How much it costs to buy from a shop. When selling, it goes for half. In other words: an item priced at 100 gold will sell for 50 gold.

* Note: There's random chance you'll get random items so you could live off of that.

Now that we looked at that...let's look at some of the calculations (You better be grateful that I'm going to make a calculator system that does EVERYTHING for you. You just have to punch in numbers and hit enter. Be. Grateful.)

Next...bonuses.

Just to make things even MORE COMPLICATED

~BONUSES~

I'm Removing these types of bonuses so as to simplify things.

However there are Buff Gems...

I'm going to use this time to talk about this new system.

So each character will be able to equip and use Buff gems, which grant various buffs or debuffs to your character temporarily. Like one battle/use temporary.

They primarily affect your stats (Like HP, Strength, Speed, etc.)

So it's a direct bonus to your stats...or penalty.

There will be an app for these gems because of the fact they can make things extremely broken...so...these will be sparingly used.

Ok we can FINALLY move on to calculations.

~CALCULATIONS~

*cries inside*

Ok this is the...*cough* fun part.

First we're going to look at the calculations that process the character's stats that are more like traits...and turn them into...other stats...

...joy.

So we utilize these things.

Attack

= Strength or Magic + Weapon's Might + [buff Gem Bonus Strength or Magic]

Hit rate

= Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck + [buff Gem Bonus Skill + Luck]) / 2]

Critical

= Weapon's Critical + ((Skill + [buff Gem Bonus Skill] / 2)

Avoid

= (Speed x 3 + Luck + [buff Gem Bonus Speed + Luck]) / 2

Rating

= Strength + Magic + Skill + Speed + Luck + Defence + Resistance

...It's simply plug n' chug calculations. Take the corresponding stats above and plug 'em in.

*Note: Rating is...nothing really. It's a comparative thing to show you how good the unit is. We'll be using this to distribute initial stat points.

*Buff Gem Bonus:

The gems have stats similar to the character stats and are factored in within the brackets of the calculations

so for instance

Hit rate

= Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck + [buff Gem Bonus Skill + Luck]) / 2]

The gem's stats are added before the /2 but the gem's skill stat does not get a x3 to it.

It's meant to be a somewhat small bonus (though still powerful considering...) So that's why it is the way it is.

Once you have all of this...

Now Combat Calculations

Attack (damage)

= Attack - Enemy's (Defense or Resistance + [Enemy Buff Gem Bonus Defense or Resistance])

Hit rate

= Hit rate - Enemy's (Avoid ) [%]

Critical rate

= Critical - Enemy's (Luck + [buff Gem Bonus Luck]) [%]

To translate:

Attack dealt is calculated by taking the Attack stat of the character calculated from the prior calculation above and the opponent's Def Stat with their buff gem bonus

Hit rate is a % so after you take the Hit rate calculated above, Enemy's Avoid stat calculated above...you put a % on it. That's it. You calculate it and that IS the %. That's all that means.

Critical should be obvious. It's the critical stat calculated from above and the enemy's luck with their buff gem bonus. Slap a % on it and viola, it becomes a rate.

That's all for that part...

Now...

~LEVELING~

Almost done so bear with me...

The Leveling system has two things: Internal and external Levels.

External is what you see as a number...

Internal determines if you should get that full bit of EXP from that kill you just got.

Now I'm going to simplify this because...

...it's just not pretty.

So here's the simple end of it:

Each class has a cap of level 20 which means each character has a possible cap of lvl 40 cumulative.

Each level takes 100 EXP

EXP is gained from Battle and even using staves.

Now let me show how we're going to have it done:

Battle EXP

Encounter: 1 EXP

*Means you are in a battle but cannot attack (no weapon equipped or out of range)

Fight: 4 EXP (technically 5 EXP*)

* Means that you attack but don't kill the enemy. Stacks with Encounter so it's 5 EXP in truth.

Kill: 10 EXP (technically 15 EXP*)

*Means that the encounter results in a kill. Does stack with Encounter and Fight. So in truth if you kill it's 15 EXP

Staff EXP:

Heal: 5 EXP

Mend, Ward: 10 EXP

Recover, Warp, Repair: 15 EXP

* Each of these is a type of staff, with 3 levels of healing staff (Heal, Mend, Recover), Resistance boost staff called Ward, and a warp staff and repair weapon staff. I'll list these off later.

So to help translate

For Battles:

You will gain 1 EXP guaranteed every battle encounter that involves your charcter.

You will gain 5 EXP if your character fights back but doesn't kill.

*NOTE: you technically do not need to deal damage to gain this (so if you attack and miss or if you attack and deal no damage it'll still count)

You will gain 15 EXP for a kill.

If you heal with a staff, it's w/e value the staff gives.

So after you gain 100 EXP, you gain one level, which will lead to stat growths...which is next topic...

Now briefly: There are two types of Classes.

Base and Promoted.

So here's how this works in to what I'm about to say:

At base class level 10 to 20, you can choose to promote your character to a more powerful promoted class of your choosing.

Here's the catch: if you promote at level 10, you set your level cap to a cumulative of 30.

So...every 100 EXP leads to 1 Level and you have a cap of 20 levels at base and 20 levels at Promoted.

...so there's 40 times Maximum your stats can grow.

Finally: Stat Growths

~CLASSES AND STAT GROWTHS~

This is it. The Final Topic.

So I mentioned Classes and Stat Growths.

...this is the most important part of the entire system.

Stat growths vary from class to class...

Now there's a chart for this that is a bit confusing to read...and I can't transcribe it here.

But I'll say open this up and read along what I have to say...because this is the bread and butter of this system.

So First...to simplify since each character has a unique growth rate independent of class, we're going to look at just the modifiers

Click here for the chart

Ok a lot of numbers but this is how it works:

You take your growth rates (in %) and add the number from the chart to the growth rate (in %)

so if you're a Cavalier with a base growth rate of 40% Stregnth, you add the 20% of the class growth to it.

so your strength has a 60% chance of going up by 1 point each level

To say it again:

Character Base Growth Rate [%] + Class Growth Rate [%] = Actual Growth Rate [%]

What this is telling you is the chance of a stat growing by 1 point.

so if you level up

there will be...using the above scenario of a cavalier... a 60% chance that your Str stat will increase by 1 point.

So there is a 40% chance it grows by 0 points.

All stats are done this way so it's possible to have Str, Skl, Def, Lck, and HP to all go up by 1 point during a level up while the rest of the stats don't.

So in theory, it would be possible for a stat to grow 40 (assuming 20 levels while in base class and 20 levels promoted class) points additional to the base stats if it had a 100% growth rate....if it wasn't for the stat cap

For Stat Caps, we look at this

Click here for chart

This lists the maximum stat for each class.

Now I'll talk more on this topic during the set up for this RP.

For now, you survived an entire explanation of the mechanics of Fire Emblem.

If you read all of that...

CONGRATULATIONS

I applaud you for taking the time to go through it.

Because now you get to just use that calculator system in a spread sheet that does all of this for you.

Class List

[spoiler=]

Base

Lord

Tactician

Cavalier

Knight

Myrmidon

Thief

Barbarian

Fighter

Mercenary

Archer

Pegasus Knight

Wyvern Rider

Dark Mage

Mage

Priest

Cleric

Troubadour

Promoted

Great Lord

Grandmaster

Paladin

Great Knight

General

Swordmaster

Assassin

Trickster

Berserker

Warrior

Hero

Bow Knight

Sniper

Falcon Knight

Dark Flier

Wyvern Lord

Griffon Rider

Sorcerer

Dark Knight

Sage

War Monk

War Cleric

Valkyrie

Special

Villager

Taguel

Manakete

Dancer

Lodestar

Conqueror

Shopkeeper

*Special have no Promotions and have a level cap of 35.

Ask me about them and possibly about making your own custom special class.

Character Apps

This is the next fun part.

So it'll be your typical app.

once you make the app then I'll make you a personal calculator sheet in the workbook.

So as to preserve your data.

So here's the app form

Name:

[spoiler= ]

Appearance:

Bio/Personality:

Profession and/or Talents:

Alliance: (Light or Dark?)

Class:

(Fill out the above portion...then ask me about the class types and possibly about making your own custom special class.)

Base Stats and Growths

(Keep this as a hard copy just in case.)

[spoiler= ]

HP:

Str:

Mag:

Skl:

Spd:

Lck:

Def:

Res:

[/ spoiler]

Notes:

[/ spoiler]

Buff Gem Apps

This is going to be the interesting thing...

Ask me about this.

Gem Name:

Gem Type: (Light or Dark?)

Gem Base Stats

[spoiler= Light Type]

HP:

Lck:

Def:

Res:

[/ spoiler]

*The Sum of all stats should be no greater than 10 and none can be 0

[spoiler= Dark Type]

Str:

Mag:

Skl:

Spd:

[/ spoiler]

*The Sum of all stats should be no greater than 10 and none can be 0

UPDATES:

Base Rating is now 100

Base Character Growth Rate Points is now 400

Base HP is now 35

Special Classes Max Level is 35

At some point everyone will get a special item that adds 7 HP to your character permanently.

It's hardly really complete but I had no real enthusiasm about it because the RPers in the other forums I was a part of don't believe in working with a system like this.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome as, to be honest, all I can do here is improve this.

EDIT: ok geez...the copy and paste added a sh*t ton of extra enter spaces. Fixed it for the most part, along with the broken hr codes that are different here than the other forums.

Edited by Cucoo5

Fix your bloody formatting.

I'd have to agree. I wasn't terribly keen on reading the second half of the introduction post, let alone consider signing up. It may sound like nitpicking, but the first post is what people base their expectations of a roleplay on.

Fix'd

I blame just trying to quickly copy n' paste it from the other forum and not going through it and realizing that it tacked on extra enter spaces.