FE Shadow Dragon Gaiden Requirements Removal Patch

Robert Stewart

IMPORTANT EDIT: Apparently, Ymir doesn't have any movement if recruited through this patch. Oops.

So, this has been a long time coming.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2316/

This is a patch that removes the unit limits for getting into Chapters 6x, 12x, 17x, and 20x of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

This patch was made using a US FESD ROM, so apply it to that.

Enjoy.

Edit: It seems that some people are having some difficulty applying the patch to US ROMs. Disabling any checksum verifications should fix the issue.

Edited by shinpichu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you SO much for this.

Does this mean those gaidens are automatic now, or..?

All the gaidens except for 24x can now be gotten automatically, yes.

Best patch ever.

it couldn't possibly be better than Ostian Princess, could it?

Edited by shinpichu

Now if you could remove the sacrifice in the prolouge and make norne join with a blood sacrifice, I'd worship you as a god (though I realize that would probably be difficult because it screws with unit positioning on the maps before the preparation screen)

Edited by weso12

Anybody else having trouble patching with this? I've never used xdelta but I tried several UIs and read a handful of tutorials but nothing is working. A couple times I got an indication that the ROM may be incorrect but I'm using a working U.S. one from a usual source so I don't see why that would be the problem.

Any ideas?

(Thanks for the patch shinpichu, this should make my first SD play through more enjoyable by far.)

Sure! I've seen this type of message a few times:

An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

That is from the "Delta Patcher" UI.

Actually I just tried unchecking the "checksum validation" box and I wonder if it worked. It says that the patch was applied successfully and the new file was created.

• 1 month later...

Question: So long as credit is given, can I or any other potential hackers use this patch as part of their hacks.

(I doubt any hacking I do in SD will go anywhere TBH, but if I find I like hacking SD more it would be nice to know if this is open source)

Sure, I guess.

There's not much about it to make open source, lol. Just changed 4 bytes is all.

Thanks. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to hacking so the less there is for me to screw up the better.

seriously, don't ask how my first attempt at hacking FE7 went, the image of what happened to the prolouge is SERIOUS creepypasta material