Palutena's Guidance is amazing.

solrocknroll

Viridi's really gonna hate humans if she knew about the origins of Mewtwo...

Really wanna see what goes on in Palutena's Guidance on Robin (since Chrom does show up...).

I wonder if any other guests would show up (Hades, Phosphora, etc.)

Snake! Where are you!? Snake!!!! SNAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, they seem pretty cool (coming from a non-Kid Icarus fan)

Though I like how Palutena's Guidance looks well done yet the Starfox communicators still look and sound shitty.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, these feel really phoned in to me. It's like Sakurai wanted to keep the Snake codec calls in, but couldn't use Snake anymore, and didn't have any other reasonable characters to do it with, so just used Pit.

And Pit is such a fanboy.

Honestly, these feel really phoned in to me. It's like Sakurai wanted to keep the Snake codec calls in, but couldn't use Snake anymore, and didn't have any other reasonable characters to do it with, so just used Pit.

And Pit is such a fanboy.

Please. "Phoned in?" These are amazing.

I think it's wonderful character development. . .for Palutena and Pit. ;/

The best thing about them, IMO, is Viridi and her comments. Especially about Link. :P:

I think it's entertaining, but I would've liked it more if the characters they were conversing about could join in. It just feels awkward with them staying silent (unless it's a character that can't actually speak words, of course, like the Duck Hunt Dog). And just imagine the hilariousness that could come out of it. :P

Ike: ...I didn't age well? Seriously, how old do you think I am, 50? Also, I have biceps the size of a melon. So you best shut up.

Viridi: Um...uh...okay....Sorry. *shuddering*

Pit: ...Yeah, sorry. ._.

If only. XD

They make me wish we had Snake back.

Well Snake isn't back, so there.

I think it's entertaining, but I would've liked it more if the characters they were conversing about could join in. It just feels awkward with them staying silent (unless it's a character that can't actually speak words, of course, like the Duck Hunt Dog). And just imagine the hilariousness that could come out of it. :P

Ike: ...I didn't age well? Seriously, how old do you think I am, 50? Also, I have biceps the size of a melon. So you best shut up.

Viridi: Um...uh...okay....Sorry. *shuddering*

Pit: ...Yeah, sorry. ._.

If only. XD

You do realize the whole "didn't age well" thing was Pit's jealousy about being like 12 and a joke about how he no longer looks "bishie."

Also, I'm glad no one but Dark Pit joined in. After all, Chrom's appearance was just mean-spirited in some ways. Loved the Uprising sequel hook. This was Kid Icarus's and Kid Icarus's ALONE.

You do realize the whole "didn't age well" thing was Pit's jealousy about being like 12 and a joke about how he no longer looks "bishie."

I doubt it. This is the English version, bishies aren't popular here like they are in Japan. So a joke like that would be pointless. Also, I don't think PoR Ike was even bishie. He didn't look girly or have many soft features like Marth and Eliwood. Maybe Ike's face was a bit soft, but the rest of him? No way.

Besides, whatever Pit and Viridi meant, it doesn't mean Ike can't still have a funny reaction to it.

Edited by Anacybele

Well Snake isn't back, so there.

Uh, no kidding? I wouldn't say I wish he were back...if he were back.

Why do you always get to uppity when someone isn't completely thrilled by something Kid Icarus related? Jesus.

Eh, I remember seeing one pun (don't remember which one) that didn't translate well, but it was left in. Perhaps Nintendo felt that the fans would've been upset if the Japanese and English games had two different convos for certain people?

I doubt it. This is the English version, bishies aren't popular here like they are in Japan. So a joke like that would be pointless. Also, I don't think PoR Ike was even bishie. He didn't look girly or have many soft features like Marth and Eliwood. Maybe Ike's face was a bit soft, but the rest of him? No way.

Besides, whatever Pit and Viridi meant, it doesn't mean Ike can't still have a funny reaction to it.

This IS Kid Icarus we're talking about though. Shulk's references the meme-esque character Reyn from Xenoblade, Fox's are SF64 quotes, and Samus's calls her Metroid as a joke. KI has like the most referential humor ever, but you may be right.

We all miss Snake. But the conversation between Pit, Paluenta, and Virdi are entertaining. Just think of it as a spiritual successor to the codec, only more colorful.

Meh, I don't miss Snake at all. I think the Guidances > Codecs any day. Now if only Xenoblade could get one.

I don't miss Snake either, but I did like his codec convo for Ike. It actually talked about his biggest perk: his sword arm and strength. PIt and Viridi just insult his age...

Edited by Anacybele

Personally, I'll take a Punch-Out conversation bewtween Mac and Doc then a Xenoblade one.

Meh, I think I'd take a Heart-to-Heart style scenario where Shulk talks to one or two characters (Maybe the party + Alvis and Juju)

Imagine Shulk, Sharla, and Juju talking about how the Villager has to move and start from scratch just like Colony 6 did for a while.

Yeah, well, I miss the Star Fox convos, SO THERE!

Still, I'm glad this feature stuck around, even if it isn't with my favoritist characters ever!

uhh

Not only does Orbital Gate Assault get ones, Lylat Cruise has them too.

The only question is if Lylat Cruise gets dem assault voices.