deranger

Updated Dec 15, 2013

Published:

iTL4KZI.gif

feditor packages: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wk62poray6743dg/nbi8loS8cy

[spoiler=individual animations (with incorrect palette organization)]

BdqZL1u.gif27kZlsN.gif

MmJqGfH.gifm1AKKKb.gif

Special thanks to Lenh for his help on the dodge frames.

Other (older) stuff:

[spoiler=Portraits]

alldzndoio.pngrley.gifrarvin.gifrclovis.gif10temu.gif10temuchibi.gifsal151.pngrugot201.pngradenyelloweye.png

[spoiler=Battle Sprites]

eightherosiaza.gifroland29t2.gifharkenbowtrans.gifunter.pngbonewalkeraxes.png lurds.png9543b.gifGaV6t.gif

[spoiler=Map Sprites]

temu10.png

[spoiler=Maps]

smc43scrn.pngprouc1scrn.pngbordervillage2scrn.pngsnowescape1scrn.png ch11scrn.pngforesteditsscrn.png ch1scrn.png6scrn.pngsfmappingcomp21scrn.png

Utilized Resources:

TBA for skin tone association.
The internet for making this possible.

The multi-colored hero-with-a-bow outline is by bwdyeti.

If you want to use or edit any of my work on here (as in not Bwd's outline), sent me a message. If I don't respond within a week, go for it (with due credit, of course. Ghost me still needs the ego boost).

Edited by deranger

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First two mugs need help on their necks, battle sprites are pretty simple, but the Berserker(Durban?) has some odd protrusion starting at... Um, his elbow? Armpit? Or maybe it's coming off of the axe... He's, erm, "deranged", to say the least. And Roland seems tiny.

Oh, and first mug is generally pillow shaded and has an oddly shaped body. Maybe it's just the cloak.

First two mugs need help on their necks, battle sprites are pretty simple, but the Berserker(Durban?) has some odd protrusion starting at... Um, his elbow? Armpit? Or maybe it's coming off of the axe... He's, erm, "deranged", to say the least. And Roland seems tiny.

Oh, and first mug is generally pillow shaded and has an oddly shaped body. Maybe it's just the cloak.

Yep that's Durbans. The protrusion from the ax is part of the original frame I sprited it from, its like a shadow I guess. Roland 1 is Roy's height, so the second version can't be that far of.

The shading, on the necks of the the first two, and the cloak for the first I did most of, so I guess that's why. Though on the cloak I tried to pass them off as folds? The first is sprited from a lot of different mugs, so that might be why.

The problem with the first one's cloak isn't so much the intermittent lines or really even the pillow shading. Well, yeah, those ARE problems, but I'm talking about the shape. It sorta forms a paper house for his face, if you know what I mean, which I doubt cloth should be able to do.

As for Roland's height, Roy is tiny.

The problem with the first one's cloak isn't so much the intermittent lines or really even the pillow shading. Well, yeah, those ARE problems, but I'm talking about the shape. It sorta forms a paper house for his face, if you know what I mean, which I doubt cloth should be able to do.

As for Roland's height, Roy is tiny.

I get what you're saying on the cloak. I'll mess around with it later.

And at some point in FE6 ch8x, Liliana mentions that despite Durandel being a huge sword, Roland was a small guy.

What a clever topic title ;p

Use one type of palette for your portraits.

Why thank you.

And I noticed how awkward the colors were as soon as I uploaded them, so I'll get on that eventually. Is it alright to mix only FE8 colors, or does it have to be all from one portrait?

Arr, i had to learn that the hard way.

Your splices are pretty clean. I do like the guy on the far right the best.

Thanks. And It shouldn't be too hard, just use right click on the eraser of ms paint and I'll be fine. I just am too lazy have other things to work on.

• 2 weeks later...

0scrn.png

FE7 6A 6B 6C. Yes, I know the mountains in the lower left are messed, I can't seem to make them look like they're coming from the west side of the screen. I need some sort of help with them. Anyways, pretty much my first map, designed as a prologue for a hack (cue the cliche) I want to make.

smc43scrn.png

FE8 6C 6D 6E Sos mapping contest 4

Edited by deranger

D: At first map mountains. Like seriously, sorry if that was a bit rude, but I thought the map was awesome until I noticed them D: So that's my only quip

Yeah, I gotta fix those. And this is basically a positive comment considering I just started mapping, so thanks.

The peaks actually look pretty good except for the east side where it should taper off and the middle parts at the bottom.

Other than some of the darker trees being messed up and a couple of grass tilespams it looks pretty good.

The peaks actually look pretty good except for the east side where it should taper off and the middle parts at the bottom.

Other than some of the darker trees being messed up and a couple of grass tilespams it looks pretty good.

Bottom is definitely what needs the most work. I'll take a closer look at the grass spam. Where are the darker trees messed up?

Just a note: Those "darker trees" are actually thicket tiles (or so I've been told by other mappers). If you want only forests in those spots, you'll have to use the (lame) lighter tree tiles everywhere.

mapcrit.png

Red, the trees edges don't seem to match up with each other.

Blue, just seems weird to me.

Wow, that's pretty much all of them. I kinda see what you mean, I actually didn't look at any references when making this map, so I should probably do that.

Just a note: Those "darker trees" are actually thicket tiles (or so I've been told by other mappers). If you want only forests in those spots, you'll have to use the (lame) lighter tree tiles everywhere.

That's the word. I know (I actually inserted a test map to make sure). From a tactical sense, they're supposed to be walls.

More like fences because you can fly over them, but yeah.

Well if I ever insert it, it'll be a prologue with no fliers available yet. Though I might see if I can hack certain classes the ability to walk through them (think brigands on mountains). Random thing I think I found out: the thickets I used in these are never used in FE7 or FE8. As far as I can tell, my only tree-thicket reference is FE6 Ch 21.

Edited by deranger